Silkworms Demo (Where is it?)

Listen Motherfuckers to a song that must be heard... :P

Pure Embarrassment.

Yet Sadly because It is Axl... I'd love to hear a studio version.

WTF Is Wrong with Axl... can't the guy get his shit together??? Guns N' Roses died 20 years ago and he's barely done anything on par with the Old Band since....

Always sort of liked it and the fleeting few seconds someone leaked of the demo sounded incredible.

I love the "cone" effect Axl has on his vocals, just like I love the distortion he used on his vocals on OMG. Seems like the new OMG has the distortion removed though, from what I can hear.

I'm pretty confident that in the event that something leaks, it will be the Silkworms demo. It's just a matter of time.

Always sort of liked it and the fleeting few seconds someone leaked of the demo sounded incredible.

I love the "cone" effect Axl has on his vocals, just like I love the distortion he used on his vocals on OMG. Seems like the new OMG has the distortion removed though, from what I can hear.

I'm pretty confident that in the event that something leaks, it will be the Silkworms demo. It's just a matter of time.

But he gun call the FBI!

Maybe leakers are more worried now after what went down with the Skwerl shit.

TIL sounds awesome with rasp, it has almost a ghetto feel to it, like something you hear being played out of a beat up old car in the bad part of a city.

OMG was the same, except with less production over the guitars which were played by bumblefoot and fortus instead of Gary Sunshine and Dave Navarro.

Silkworms is more sped up, more like first time they played it, less like RIR. Axl uses a deeper voice, there's a lot of screams in the background.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH LISTEN MOTHER FKER TO THE SONG THAT SHOULD BE HEARD

THROWN INTO THE GUTTER ITS MORE THAN YOU DESERVE

SADFSADFSAED YOU KNOW THATS WHAT YOU ARE PUSSY FOR A MAGGOT (AHHHHHHHHHHHH) ISNT THAT ABSURD!

But he gun call the FBI!

MSL said a lot of people have the TIL demo, so I'd expect that to leak before SW.

Shit will leak, one day. As sure as the sun will set, we'll get a couple more GN'R demos, by virtue of the fact that we know they exist and they're physically in the wilderness.

We know that Checkmate/Jackie Chan is out there, silkworms, OMG, TIL remix, ITW and SR remix (they stink from the clips though, so who cares), and supposedly Atlas is out there. So far we've got BITW, Better Gone, Better Bumble, Better Ashba, and Going Down.

Edited by liers

But he gun call the FBI!

MSL said a lot of people have the TIL demo, so I'd expect that to leak before SW.

Shit will leak, one day. As sure as the sun will set, we'll get a couple more GN'R demos, by virtue of the fact that we know they exist and they're physically in the wilderness.

We know that Checkmate/Jackie Chan is out there, silkworms, OMG, TIL remix, ITW and SR remix (they stink from the clips though, so who cares), and supposedly Atlas is out there. So far we've got BITW, Better Gone, Better Bumble, Better Ashba, and Going Down.
I honestly believe there's a lot more out there than that. Wouldn't be surprised if there's at least an album and a half in the hands of people outside the GnR circle. And I base that on gut feeling alone. Thing is, the sooner people stop caring about this shit, the sooner it will leak. It's a matter of value, frustration and (sadly) lawyers.

I just don't think Axl cares if the songs leak or not at this point. Some would say, "well why doesn't he just release them?" And I'm sure Axl will tell you that there are legal obligations to the record company and him giving out free leaks would cost him a ton of money from law suits.

And that's with the belief that he either doesn't want to put together a record right now or the record company has rejected a record.

I think the only people that are bothered by the leaks are the record company and Axl's management, Team Brazil.

I think the only people that are bothered by the leaks are the record company and Axl's management, Team Brazil.

Given the (complete lack of) motivation Axl has shown I think you're right. But hey, wherever there's money to make (off other people) Team Complaints will be there. Wherever there's credit to be obtained for other people's work Team Complains will be THERE. Wherever there's a depressed emotionally unstable rockstar to mooch off of Team Compaints WILL BE THERE. Wherever there's an easy paycheck for a 3 hour meeting you can cheat about Team Complaints WILL BE. THERE. -_-

I just don't think Axl cares if the songs leak or not at this point. Some would say, "well why doesn't he just release them?" And I'm sure Axl will tell you that there are legal obligations to the record company and him giving out free leaks would cost him a ton of money from law suits.

And that's with the belief that he either doesn't want to put together a record right now or the record company has rejected a record.

Don't be silly. Of course Axl cares about songs leaking.

leaked songs = loss of money

leaked songs = loss of money

Not the only reason though. Axl talked about how people got attached to how the Chinese demos sounded like, and he seemed bothered by it. Artistically, there are many reasons why most musicians care about leaks.

Axl doesn't care anymore bc he's 52 years old, he struggles to stay in shape, his voice has slowly deteriorated, and there's no money in making records anymore.

The other problem is everyone compares him now to his 26 year old self. The guy is at a stage in his life where he cannot win! He doesn't even want to play the game anymore.

It's like if the internet progressed backwards. Imagine in the 90's having wifi and high speed internet, but as time goes on it slowly gets worse, starts disconnecting and gets extremely slow. Eventually you get back to dial up and you just say eff this it isn't working. I don't want to use the internet anymore! It doesn't work like it did in the 90's.

Axl can't keep up anymore and he doesn't want to be in music if he can't be at his best.

(I hope nobody takes the internet analogy too serious...just being funny)

You know what? I actually LIKE "Ballad of Death" and "Mi Amor." I thought they were catchy fun little guitar jams. I have no opinion about DJ Ashba and his Hulk Hogan ears or whatever....but I like the fact that he tried to contribute something new instead of just doing another cover.

If anyone has the studio versions, leak 'em. There's no Axl vocals so not many people will even give a shit, and we've already heard it live a million times so it's not like it's "spoiling" anything. I want them. What would it hurt to leak those two DJ instrumentals?