Of the Chinese Democracy era songs, what one would you like to have been played in the 90s

Prostitute, they DID play it, remember? That's why the band broke up cause at the last show in Argentina after they embraced Axl grabbed the mic and said 'That last song was about what this top-hatted afro-drunk junkieleatherfuck marionette is gonna put me through until Chinese Democracy comes out' then slapped Slash and dived into an open sewer that swept him back to Malibu. Y'all musta repressed the trauma.

This I Love would have been the only thing worth hearing from the Use Your Illusion lineups.

As others had mentioned, that song was already being written in that timeframe and more importantly it was fresh in Axl's mind then.

If there ever was this mythical "2000 Intentions" and Slash had compromised to play another ballad-- It would have been This I Love... And in this perfect world it probably would have transcended the previous ballads.

Otherwise--

I like Chinese Democracy the way it is. Top notch musicianship.

It certainly should've come out sooner but it needed THAT many players and THAT many years to be made... Or else it wouldn't have come to fruition at all with the classic lineups. It became more or less an art experiment than a stadium rock album release to appease the masses.

But they totally missed that late 90's wave of skewered, industrial, aggressive rock.

Oh My God on End of Days was a good step.

But they needed to follow up with Shacklers, Silkworms, Chinese Democracy (early rio version), Madagascar

This I Love no doubt. It isn't great on CD and the lyrics are absolutely awful, but it's actually a really great song that just didn't reach its potential. I Slash and Duff would have brought it to another level musically and the lyrics, as bad as they are, wouldn't have seemed quite as pathetic if the song was written by someone who had been heartbroken a year before as opposed to like 15 years earlier.