DJ says plan is to tour heavily in 2015

I very much doubt that's the case. Unless "Heavily" means "Vegas and Brazil," and "New Music" means "I'm making this up as I go, give me a break. Ask Axl or something."

Once there was this rock 'n' roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke
We just needed more and more fulfilling, uh-huh
Time went by and it all went up in smoke....

He's gonna bury the old band, man. Watch.

Haha, that ain't happening. Nothing is.

At least it seems like the priority might be to get new music out prior to touring again. At least that's something.

You really see any difference this time from the last years? Every year before the tour is announced, new music seems to be the main priority. Seriously...

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/2014/09/29/dj-ashba-discusses-new-sixxa-m-album-modern-vintage-guitars-recording-and-playing-live/

LRI: Does Guns N Roses have any recording or touring plans in 2015?

DJ: We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best Guns N Roses record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff. Axl has two full albums that he has recorded, he has played me a bunch of songs off of that, are incredible! I cant wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. Ive written tons of songs & demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in & sifting through the piles of material.

Weirdly phrased statement, the jump from ''we are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year'', to, '' the focus is getting in a studio.'' Presumably ''the focus'' is not the studio, when there are plans to do ''quite a bit of touring'' also! More proof that Ashba emanates verbal diarrhea and has about as much clue as we do, on what are the plans for this absurd 'band' are.

Bets would be on the touring though. When in doubt, GN'R will probably tour Brazil again. You can set your watch by this.

At least it seems like the priority might be to get new music out prior to touring again. At least that's something.

You really see any difference this time from the last years? Every year before the tour is announced, new music seems to be the main priority. Seriously...
Axl said it was a priority this time around.

Party passes or sarc? Otherwise you've lost your mind. :lol:

Neither (and yes, accusing me of losing my mind is fair).

I just think it's interesting that 90 percent of DJ's response dealt more with the recording aspect of the question than touring. Do I think that because DJ sees what all of us see in regards to wanting new music over another GH tour that that's what's going to happen? Not really. But at least we're no longer seeing band members answer that question with the belief that Chinese Democracy still deserves more tour support.

If they come to the UK then I'd be up for going to see them. Not seen them since 2012 so be happy to go and have some fun. Probably go VIP and meet Frank :lol:

According to the other thread you might turn up expecting to meet Frank and end up meeting Matt Sorum :D

• Like 1

Axl lies, than hides behind excuses like lawyers, record labels and ex bandmates

everyone who's going to this tour is part of the reason axl thinks it's ok to tour one album for 14 years.

i am not going, i am boycotting this circus. i will be taking my hard earned money to see Slash instead. rock3

Slash really wasn't that good when I seen him live back in 2011
  • Like 1

everyone who's going to this tour is part of the reason axl thinks it's ok to tour one album for 14 years.

i am not going, i am boycotting this circus. i will be taking my hard earned money to see Slash instead. rock3

Did you take advantage of the ribs at least?

once again, ribfest was a charity event. it's not like he's playing private tommy hilfiger parties, weddings and bowling alleys...he's actually about to head out on an arena tour in UK/Europe :)

once again, ribfest was a charity event. it's not like he's playing private tommy hilfiger parties, weddings and bowling alleys...he's actually about to head out on an arena tour in UK/Europe :)

Cool - talk about it in the Slash Tour thread :)

If they tour, I know I'll probably catch a couple shows, as much as I am against the constant touring; I can't resist.

• Like 1

He probably meant a very low one.

Edited by The Glow Inc.
  • Like 1

He probably meant a very low one.

It's priority number one......thousand five hundred and two....... :axl:

One year ago.

Well we’ve been touring, ever since I’ve been in the band we’ve been on tour. We’ve been touring for well over four years and now we’re all itching to get in the studio and really put it together. I mean… I’m writing a shit ton of songs, Axl has tons of stuff. Everybody…

Two years ago.

"There's a lot of stuff recorded and I think it's just a matter of sitting down and working together as a band, putting together what we feel is gonna be the next best Guns N' Roses record. And I can't wait; I'm so excited to dive even deeper into that."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-dj-ashba-on-new-material-and-unique-vegas-residency-20121009#ixzz3EkhfGmYr

Three years ago.

Axl has so many songs up his sleeve from the ‘Chinese Democracy’ era. He has three albums of really amazing stuff. He’s played me quite a bit of it, it’s really good. I’ve been demoing tons of stuff in my studio; I think the ultimate goal is to sit down and go through everything, and put together what he feels would be the next best thing for Guns N’ Roses. I’ll do whatever I can to help him meet that vision.

Read More: Guns N’ Roses Guitarist DJ Ashba Talks About Working with Axl Rose, Recording with Nikki Sixx and Never Sleeping | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-dj-ashba-interview/?trackback=tsmclip

Four years ago.

“Axl has a lot of good shit up his sleeves, so I’m really excited about it,” Ashba explained, “It won’t take as long – I promise.”

I still can't believe that people say this time things are different after reading these quotes. Amazing.

• Like 1