Live From The Jungle (EP)

I remember having Shadow of Your Love on the b-side to a Live & Let Die single (cassette). I wore it down (never really like LALD tho).

Yeah, I got that on cd. Found it for $3 years ago.

Except, I don't have this version. I thought it was bootleg only. Is there a FLAC version available in the download section?

Edited by Chris 55

Not sure I have heard of this EP.. I assume I have heard all the live versions though? As much info as possible would be greatly appreciared.

Was this an offcial release anywhere?

Was is the complete track listing?

Is it all from one show?

Is it really live or is it like LIES?

Googling now..

Doesn't look like anything most haven't heard but still pretty cool none the less..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N'_Roses_(EP)

They are selling online from $90 to $140 bucks..

Shadow = Easy 12" uk version (also Time to rock - compilation : various artists)

Easy, Knockin & Rosie = Jungle 12" uk version

Move = LLAS/ LIES version

I have the ep + those 12" maxisingles + Time to rock lp (vinyl, of course) :headbang:

"Tracks one, four and five were recorded live at the Marquee Club in London on June 28, 1987. Track two and three sound like live recordings, but are actually studio recordings with overdubbed crowd noise. Track 6 is the studio version from Appetite for Destruction."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N%27_Roses_%28EP%29

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Time-To-Rock/release/1922481

Edited by makkonen

That Whole Lotta Rosie live version sounds better than AC/DC;

I know no band is supposed to sound better than AC/DC, as AC/DC is pure rock n' roll.

But Guns N' Roses actually manages to do that! That live version makes AC/DC's versions look pale in comparison!

And Shadow of Your Love rocks! Never figured out the lyrics to it!

God, I still remember when I finally got around to listening to Shadow Of Your Love. I thought, for years, there was this song that was an outtake that I just figured was ok. Thought I'd heard it at some point but in reality I don't think I ever did. Ended up hearing it on Youtube once and it blew my mind! There is really no comparison to finding a fully complete GNR song that never made one of the albums but is from the classic era and kicks as much ass as the rest of Live Like A Suicide. It was a godsend and to this day I think its a truly excellent track. Axl is just in his absolute prime.

I got the CD on ebay for like $30 back in 1999 or so...probably overpaid, especially cause it didn't have the OBI strip.

A few years ago I found the 12" at a used record shop here in Japan in gorgeous shape...still has the OBI strip too...bought for only $20 which was basically what it cost when it came out, so that was a good deal.