Which would you prefer?

Axl album  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just want anything from Axl. Anything.

I wish the dude enjoyed sharing music with the millions of fans that helped make him mega-rich.

Why are you insinuating that he doesn't? Are you suggesting that he should leak his own bands songs? Of maybe get Fernando to do it?

I wish the dude enjoyed sharing music with the millions of fans that helped make him mega-rich.

Why are you insinuating that he doesn't? Are you suggesting that he should leak his own bands songs? Of maybe get Fernando to do it?

Releasing them officialy is not an option?

• Like 2

Which?

it's simple: a new album

To be honest: I don't give a flying fuck who plays what at this point

No, he is insinuating a proper move: release a record officially

are you really this dumb?

• Like 2

Which?

He tried in 2010 and it didn't come into fruition. Groghan thinks that Axl can wake up one morning and decide that he controls the inner-dealings with the record label and make their decisions. Please don't call me dumb. It's not nice.

I understand, but it seems to me (us) Axl just milking the brandname and doesn'st want to look seriously about a new record

Nobody buy this crap anymore with the record label (yeah they are hard to deal with, but c'mon)

maybe your original main forum (msl) buys it, sane people don't
This is why i call you dumb

Which?

This is how things go at another forum. Axl does no wrong - everything is always somebody else's fault. It's impossible to have a normal GnR discussion unless you are framing your entire opinion based on the entire world being against Axl.

Coma - if Axl wanted to release a GnR album he easily could.

He has released one official album of original material since he began his quest to carry on the GnR name with all new members. When a singer releases an album every twenty years it is pretty safe to say that he doesn't want to release an album.

Please show me where I said he should leak his own songs.

LA Guns has released 9 albums in the last 20 years. Are they a bigger money generator than GnR is?

Why are so many other bands able to release music on a fairly regular basis, but the label has "apparently" put the clamp down and won't let Axl release music.

Which?

He tried in 2010 and it didn't come into fruition. Groghan thinks that Axl can wake up one morning and decide that he controls the inner-dealings with the record label and make their decisions. Please don't call me dumb. It's not nice.

Please share the details with us with the 2010 album.

All I can find is a quote from another forum member saying that Axl turned in an album and the label refused to release it because it was "too soon" after CD. Even your boy NGOG proclaimed it to be just a rumor and not factual.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/201375-so-gnr-handed-over-a-new-album-in-2010/

But let's talk about that.

Are there comments about this from any other source besides the forum poster who said it? Did label people mention it? Industry people? Anybody?

Secondly, let's pretend that he did have "real" insider information (that the rest of the world didn't). If 2010 was "too soon"........you are implying that the label thinks 2011 is too soon? 2012 is too soon? 2013 is too soon? 2014 - SIX years after CD's release - is too soon? What is your guess for the label's "too soon" window to close - 7 years? 8 years? 10 years?

If Axl wanted to release a new Guns n Roses record - it would happen.

No matter how hard you try and spin it, deep down you know that is the truth.

Let's go with DJ and Axl. I wouldn't expect anything great, but I feel like I would enjoy the record more than Bumble and Axl.

DJ I feel has the potential of making a compelling record, atleast one that doesn't reinvent anything, just a record that has a unique sound. To me this falls into Axl's way of making a record where it needs to be different than the last.

Bumble is excellent I would expect a generic rock album to come from him and Axl. Which isn't a bad thing at all! In fact I think many more would prefer it this way.

It will be interesting if we ever get a full song from this band in general.

Let's go with DJ and Axl. I wouldn't expect anything great, but I feel like I would enjoy the record more than Bumble and Axl.

DJ I feel has the potential of making a compelling record, atleast one that doesn't reinvent anything, just a record that has a unique sound. To me this falls into Axl's way of making a record where it needs to be different than the last.

Bumble is excellent I would expect a generic rock album to come from him and Axl. Which isn't a bad thing at all! In fact I think many more would prefer it this way.

Did you get DJ & Bumble mixed up?

Releasing them officialy is not an option?

That's what normal people would think!

Bumble is the better guitar player, I don't think there is any question about that. I like the DJ version of Better, but that's all we have to go on. I don't really like his solo's and I don't think the way he plays guitar goes with Axl. I think Bumble is just better suited and would be able to create a more seamless album.

I would rather see an Axl/Robin album...erm, or at least another one...before I would want a Axl/DJ or Axl/Bumble album though if I'm being completely honest.

I hope not...DJ complains a lot and Bumble wears that stupid hat, right?

• Like 1

You're just the first person I've ever seen call DJ's writing unique and Bumble's generic, usually it's the exact opposite.

There is more basis for insinuating that hes not interested in it than interested it.

There is more basis for insinuating that hes not interested in it than interested it.

This, and until we don't have proof for that 2010 album thing, it's just one more made up excuse from Axl's army of loonies.

This, and until we don't have proof for that 2010 album thing, it's just one more made up excuse from Axl's army of loonies.

Why would MSL lie?

You're just the first person I've ever seen call DJ's writing unique and Bumble's generic, usually it's the exact opposite.

Well I guess I don't feel like Bumble's solo stuff is generic. I just think writing for GNR would cause bumble to write a more generic rock record bc he thinks that's what fans want.

Where as Ashba will write material that corresponds with whatever Axl's vision is. I'm much more interested in guitar work inspired partially by Axl than Bumbles idea of what GNR should sound like.

Probably makes zero sense but it's just my opinion. Sometimes my opinion sucks haha

Well I guess I don't feel like Bumble's solo stuff is generic. I just think writing for GNR would cause bumble to write a more generic rock record bc he thinks that's what fans want.

Where as Ashba will write material that corresponds with whatever Axl's vision is. I'm much more interested in guitar work inspired partially by Axl than Bumbles idea of what GNR should sound like.

Probably makes zero sense but it's just my opinion. Sometimes my opinion sucks haha

I just disagree. Bumble wrote Argentinian whateverthefuck for GNR and that wasn't generic. On the other hand, DJ said he recorded like 12 demos and submitted them to Axl, so I doubt he was writing them with Axl or writing them with his vision in mind. He's mentioned something about writing material like Appetite so I think he's more likely to write a generic rock album for the reasons you mentioned about Bumble.

None of this really matters though, Axl's never writing another song.