Which would you prefer?

Axl album  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just want anything from Axl. Anything.

I wish the dude enjoyed sharing music with the millions of fans that helped make him mega-rich.

Why are you insinuating that he doesn't? Are you suggesting that he should leak his own bands songs? Of maybe get Fernando to do it?

There is more basis for insinuating that hes not interested in it than interested it.

This, and until we don't have proof for that 2010 album thing, it's just one more made up excuse from Axl's army of loonies.

Why would MSL lie?

Like NGOG said once, MSL will come up with lots of different stories and eventually get something right here and there.

Why would he lie? Well, since he became (by force?) the biggest Axl defender on the internet, by saying the label rejected one album in 2010 he puts the blame totally on the label, making Axl the victim (once again). What he intends to achieve with that? Good question. Probably remain in good terms with TB...

I don't have many reasons to believe in MSL, since even guys like Matheus Davanso can get some piece of news here and there. You think he's special, I don't.

There's no proof for the 2010 album bullshit. Knowing Axl, I believe 99,99% it's not the label's fault. I mean, they just released his stupid DVD, they support him and his band for some odd reason.

Axl refuses to release a new album. There are many reasons for that, which I won't list. The label supports him.

Why would they reject a new album in 2010? Why did they accept to release the dvd then? Four years later, Axl way more irrelevant than four years ago, way worse music industry....

Edited by ProstituteComa

Definitely Bumblefoot, I won't mind if Dj has an idea or two for a riff here and there and plays 5 solos max, he can't write very good songs imo for a band like Guns N' Roses, his SixxAm stuff ranges from okay to terrible and rehashing other popular (and popular don't equate to good always) bands ideas. As a part of the songwriting I guess I'm fine, he's a decent player, as the main songwriter, I don't think that's going to result in an album as great as CD. Bumblefoot writes interesting songs, not always the greatest but he can clearly write and with Axl, I expect very good things, though I doubt he has, or ever will get the chance unless he waits another 5 years.

Oh... Forgot to mention... Great posts Groghan!

At this stage that's sort of implied :lol:

Great posts from Groghan and the talker of many shits, ProstituteComa in this thread.

Its a shame Axl doesn't want to share his music with his millions of fans, but its whatever. I'll go play my brand new Slash album on 11

• Like 1

I wish the dude enjoyed sharing music with the millions of fans that helped make him mega-rich.

Why are you insinuating that he doesn't? Are you suggesting that he should leak his own bands songs? Of maybe get Fernando to do it?

There is more basis for insinuating that hes not interested in it than interested it.

This, and until we don't have proof for that 2010 album thing, it's just one more made up excuse from Axl's army of loonies.

Why would MSL lie?

I'm not even saying he lied. Maybe he had secret inside information that nobody else did. NGOG is the one who was really bashing MSL in that topic. I like MSL, he is a very intelligent guy and probably a lot of fun to hang out with in real life.

I just asked you a few simple questions.

Do you have any other confirmation that the label rejected an album in 2010 because it was "too close" to Chinese Democracy?

And if it is true for the reason you claim - is it still too soon? CD came out SIX years ago. Still too soon? At what point will it not be "too soon" to release another GnR album?

Do you think labels often refuse to release albums by major bands - especially if the album is chocked full of amazing songs?

And why would the label be on board in releasing a live DVD that is going to sell 20,000 copies but they aren't on board to release a cd that would sell several million copies?

Coma - you are a good dude. But let's have a real conversation. Instead of just trying to come up with whatever angle possible to defend Axl, why not just talk about the actual facts and what is actually going on. Don't completely turn into Ali.

• Like 3

Why would MSL lie?

I'm not even saying he lied. Maybe he had secret inside information that nobody else did. NGOG is the one who was really bashing MSL in that topic. I like MSL, he is a very intelligent guy and probably a lot of fun to hang out with in real life.

Do you have any other confirmation that the label rejected an album in 2010 because it was "too close" to Chinese Democracy?

And if it is true for the reason you claim - is it still too soon? CD came out SIX years ago. Still too soon? At what point will it not be "too soon" to release another GnR album?

Do you think labels often refuse to release albums by major bands - especially if the album is chocked full of amazing songs?

And why would the label be on board in releasing a live DVD that is going to sell 20,000 copies but they aren't on board to release a cd that would sell several million copies?

Coma - you are a good dude. But let's have a real conversation. Instead of just trying to come up with whatever angle possible to defend Axl, why not just talk about the actual facts and what is actually going on. Don't completely turn into Ali.

1- No other confirmation but I do believe that MSL is telling the truth. Others might not and that's fine but no reason to attack me (not you personally G) because i believe him. But even during Axl's 2012 Kimmel interview he said that they're working out things with the label so maybe there was more to it than just being "too close".

2- I don't think it's too soon personally.

3- Labels reject albums in order to keep bands under their contractual control. Plus, if there was bad blood it could be out of spite. Adults act like children at times. I've never heard the songs so I can't comment.

4- To test the waters. Assuming that the album doesn't count as one of GNR's contractual releases there is nothing for the label to lose. It also indicates that things are moving in the proper direction.

5- most of the facts that people are using in this thread is just opinion. Like yours about Axl not wanting to share music with his fans.

Edited by Coma16

Testing the waters makes me think they have this monumental launch for the CD follow-up and I :lol: every time. It's 2014, it's a completely different GNR, so they'll release a live DVD filled with old songs aimed for the casual listeners to test the waters. Makes no sense to me.

Testing the waters makes me think they have this monumental launch for the CD follow-up and I :lol: every time. It's 2014, it's a completely different GNR, so they'll release a live DVD filled with old songs aimed for the casual listeners to test the waters. Makes no sense to me.

I can't say for sure but it does feature 5 CD songs (fact) as well as features DJ Ashba and rest of the current band (fact).

Or he should give his fans the opportunity to buy them, but that is too common sense for Axl

Why would MSL lie?

1- No other confirmation but I do believe that MSL is telling the truth. Others might not and that's fine but no reason to attack me (not you personally G) because i believe him. But even during Axl's 2012 Kimmel interview he said that they're working out things with the label so maybe there was more to it than just being "too close".

3- Labels reject albums in order to keep bands under their contractual control. Plus, if there was bad blood it could be out of spite. Adults act like children at times. I've never heard the songs so I can't comment.

4- To test the waters. Assuming that the album doesn't count as one of GNR's contractual releases there is nothing for the label to lose. It also indicates that things are moving in the proper direction.

5- most of the facts that people are using in this thread is just opinion. Like yours about Axl not wanting to share music with his fans.

Thank you Coma. I do appreciate your response and wish all conversations on these various forums could go like this one.

I believe a lot of what MSL says. But in this case find it odd that such a huge piece of news would go completely uncovered by the music media world. And that Axl or The Beta or somebody from their camp wouldn't have said "Sorry dudes, know you are jonesing for a new album. But we turned over an album to the label and they rejected it last year."

3 - true. But the label is all about making money. And they must know the longer they wait the less money they will make on a GnR album. Plus, pissing off one of your main talents doesn't make great business sense either.

4. I hope you are correct. I think you are probably right. But I disagree on the starting point. I think they were just happy to get something from the band. I don't think they are rejecting Axl albums but decided to do this to see if there was any interest. I mean, this is Guns n Roses and Axl Rose - they don't need to test the waters to see if people want more music from the band. This is probably a bigger win for Axl's "psyche" in terms of the label going to him and saying "see, the people still love you and want to hear your music releases. Let's get this next album out!!!!"

5. Yup. All any of us are posting is purely our own opinions. But taking emotion out of or love of the band out of it - logically, it makes sense to say that Axl doesn't like sharing his music with his fans. Or that he doesn't put it up very high on his priority list. Why? Axl has released one album of original material in the last 23 years. How many albums has Buckethead released? How many songs has Prince released? Prince will release three albums at once or just empty out his vault and make 50 songs available. Do I know what Prince and Axl are thinking? Nope. Of course not. But can I look at the facts and their "actions" and make a logical conclusion? Most definitely.

Why would MSL lie?

Thank you Coma. I do appreciate your response and wish all conversations on these various forums could go like this one.

I believe a lot of what MSL says. But in this case find it odd that such a huge piece of news would go completely uncovered by the music media world. And that Axl or The Beta or somebody from their camp wouldn't have said "Sorry dudes, know you are jonesing for a new album. But we turned over an album to the label and they rejected it last year."

3 - true. But the label is all about making money. And they must know the longer they wait the less money they will make on a GnR album. Plus, pissing off one of your main talents doesn't make great business sense either.

4. I hope you are correct. I think you are probably right. But I disagree on the starting point. I think they were just happy to get something from the band. I don't think they are rejecting Axl albums but decided to do this to see if there was any interest. I mean, this is Guns n Roses and Axl Rose - they don't need to test the waters to see if people want more music from the band. This is probably a bigger win for Axl's "psyche" in terms of the label going to him and saying "see, the people still love you and want to hear your music releases. Let's get this next album out!!!!"

5. Yup. All any of us are posting is purely our own opinions. But taking emotion out of or love of the band out of it - logically, it makes sense to say that Axl doesn't like sharing his music with his fans. Or that he doesn't put it up very high on his priority list. Why? Axl has released one album of original material in the last 23 years. How many albums has Buckethead released? How many songs has Prince released? Prince will release three albums at once or just empty out his vault and make 50 songs available. Do I know what Prince and Axl are thinking? Nope. Of course not. But can I look at the facts and their "actions" and make a logical conclusion? Most definitely.

3- maybe they were holding out for a reunion back in 2010 and didn't want to potentially waste a contractual release on the current band (letting another label cash in on the reunion).

• Like 1

GNR is still important to "the label" because the GNR back catalogue is so valuable.

To "the label", GNR is a legacy act. They no longer exist. There's huge money in that legacy though, just like led zeppelin or pink Floyd.

"The label" isn't a cadre of cigar chomping old men in suits, having three hour meetings with Fernando. No one is conspiring to do ANYTHING about Axl rose. No one cares about him in his current state.

Axl matters only as far as what he and actual GNR accomplished. Ron? DJ? Richard Fortus? You're fucking insane if you think these people matter even one tiny bit.

• Like 1