Aussie fans: An intimate workshop with Richard Fortus Nov 20th 2014

Well, how can you consider Fortus a "true-member" of the band when he's playing with dozens of other bands at the same time?

Even though i'm a supporter of Axl's vision on GnR post-breakup, there is NO WAY you can consider it a REAL BAND.

There is a core consisting in Tommy/Dizzy/Pitman (probably Finck was in it too) that can potentially have an influence on Axl, but the rest are just orbiting around Axl and wait for whatever decision he and the horribly incompetent management take.

GnR 2014 is not a REAL band. They are a band like MSG can be, or like Megadeth (who just lost 2 members today).

There is one leader, 2 or 3 generals, and the rest are soldiers (or journeymen).

Still, I loved CD, I loved the shows i've seen, and I'd love to hear new musics.

Motivation, I deactivated my account for a period of time.

No this is definitely not a band at this point. Like Laparka said, Fortus himself floats between so many different projects. Dont even know if Ron is part of it anymore. Tommy opts out of a tour to play with another band. Its more like a bunch of different registered businesses trading as the name "Guns N Roses".

Think its time to move on.

Edited by rhiad85

I didn't know ALL the songs on CD were actually (practically) done by 2002. (Or I'd forgotten.)

So is this the first time we hear someone say that Axl is actually recording vocals this (that) week? I hope it's true. That sounds infinitely better to me than 'he's looking at it' or 'he's just picking songs'. Yay, he's actually singing! I see a glimmer of hope on the horizon. :)

• Like 1

I didn't know ALL the songs on CD were actually (practically) done by 2002. (Or I'd forgotten.)

So is this the first time we hear someone say that Axl is actually recording vocals this (that) week? I hope it's true. That sounds infinitely better to me than 'he's looking at it' or 'he's just picking songs'. Yay, he's actually singing! I see a glimmer of hope on the horizon. :)

If that's true then it is very good news, let's hope that it leads to something being released and not just another 14 years of tinkering! :)

Yeah he said 'as we speak', there was a little more I asked him about after the workshop and he mentioned after he finishes with Dead Daisies in Australia (before mid December) he was going to return for more studio work, but he didn't say in what context.

Somewhere after 18:00 in video 2 were all the questions about song-writing etc. After I got done asking him what the deal was with DJ having 10 demos, Ron saying they hadn't written together as a band etc, he said "I look forward to reading about this online tomorrow", everyone laughed and my response was "well no-one wants to talk about it" and that's when he started saying about Axl being secretive etc.

Edited by rhiad85

This can only be good news. Fortus and Dj seem very central to the next record, but Axl maybe be working on even more tracks than what was done around 2006 (30 songs). 2 or 3 albums seems like 30-40 songs in the mix. CD II is done it's just whether they add some more recent songs.

A Dj/Fortus/Axl song could potentially rock.

Yeah he said 'as we speak', there was a little more I asked him about after the workshop and he mentioned after he finishes with Dead Daisies in Australia (before mid December) he was going to return for more studio work, but he didn't say in what context.
Somewhere after 18:00 in video 2 were all the questions about song-writing etc. After I got done asking him what the deal was with DJ having 10 demos, Ron saying they hadn't written together as a band etc, he said "I look forward to reading about this online tomorrow", everyone laughed and my response was "well no-one wants to talk about it" and that's when he started saying about Axl being secretive etc.

Thanks for asking those questions. I found them interesting, the answers too. I didn't really get what Richard said about the online thing. Thanks for clarifying :lol:

This can only be good news. Fortus and Dj seem very central to the next record, but Axl maybe be working on even more tracks than what was done around 2006 (30 songs). 2 or 3 albums seems like 30-40 songs in the mix. CD II is done it's just whether they add some more recent songs.

A Dj/Fortus/Axl song could potentially rock.

yeah because Slash

DJ probably steal some ideas from him

Fortus was not credited with 'Better', 'Better': ''(Rose, Robin Finck)''. The poor bastard was robbed of royalties!!

Recording vocals on the past weeks means we will have new songs ready by 2018.

It also means the vocals will be Axl's vocals of, 2014 vintage!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

That was cool to listen to, thanks for posting. I really like Fortus, cracking guitar player and the Dead Daisies are a really good band. Bit of a shame that Axl is still 'working on vocals', but at least it's something, still think we're a long time (and no doubt a few tours) away from another album though.

Interesting stuff. If it starts to become apparent we really are on track for an album in say the next 18 months I wonder if any remaining leaks will start appearing. Or maybe they are working on stuff that they know has never been leaked hence the recording of vocals.