Talks under way to make Reckless Road into a movie. Marc Canter confirms it will not be a documentary.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd really like to see Steve Buscemi play Paul Huge.

I know it was funny for a while but I think it's very disrespectful against Marc.

Let's wait and see what happens. It's not an easy project to realize but who knows. Mabey the people involved can manage something cool.

• Like 1

Eddie the Eagle Edwards got his film eventually made, they changed everything, 10 per cent of the original script and story still stand after over a decade.

Making films is a brutal business

Edited by Mysteron

You would need to get all virtual unknowns to play the members of GNR. I would watch anything GNR related, but if Jared Leto is Axl, it's gonna be a joke. This has the makings of a complete bomb in the works.

I think the movie should be seen from Marc Canter's perspective for most of the movie. He would be the narrator, but the story of the band and the individuals would be the real plot line. He could still narrate when the band goes on the Hell Tour even though he wasn't there. Or you could switch to other members narrating at times to get their personal take on what was going on. If done well, it could be a great movie because it's a great story. No known actors though or it will be stupid

Edited by djs2130

my gut feeling is that this project wont actually make it off the ground, but if it does, it'd be really cool to see "the hell tour" on the big screen

and hopefully I can see it here in the Netherlands, in a nearby place

Quentin Tarantino is the only director for this.

In all seriousness, my opinion is that Martin Scorsese would suit a GN'R movie project well, but only if it covered the UYI and break-up periods, where the band's drama and excess ended up getting the best of them and therefore causing them to implode.

But it seems that this project that Canter is working on is only going to cover the club days and maybe the release of Appetite. Covering only that era would help the film feel more grounded and self-contained, but covering all of the eccentricity and drama from the UYI tour that lead to their implosion also seems like it would make for an interesting film

I guess in order for the latter to work, Axl would have to be portrayed as the main character in a Charlie Foster Kane-like fashion (anti-hero). But it seems like Marc and the people he's working with on this would rather have all the classic members portrayed as an ensemble and equally share the role of protagonist.

I'm not sure what the right approach for this is...what do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever they make and I hope those "cool" people are some big shots cause if they are making a movie on Guns N' Roses then it should be an epic movie and not some B grade movie.

• 5 months later...

Quentin Tarantino is the only director for this.

In all seriousness, my opinion is that Martin Scorsese would suit a GN'R movie project well, but only if it covered the UYI and break-up periods, where the band's drama and excess ended up getting the best of them and therefore causing them to implode.

But it seems that this project that Canter is working on is only going to cover the club days and maybe the release of Appetite. Covering only that era would help the film feel more grounded and self-contained, but covering all of the eccentricity and drama from the UYI tour that lead to their implosion also seems like it would make for an interesting film

I guess in order for the latter to work, Axl would have to be portrayed as the main character in a Charlie Foster Kane-like fashion (anti-hero). But it seems like Marc and the people he's working with on this would rather have all the classic members portrayed as an ensemble and equally share the role of protagonist.

I'm not sure what the right approach for this is...what do you guys think?

Early days definitely Mean Streets /Scorsese.

UYI is more Paul Verhoven /Showgirls.

CD is Pulp Fiction/Tarantino

That's more a full biopic movie.

But Reckless Road could use a less big name. Someone to capture the early years. The whole street scene.

• Like 1