Talks under way to make Reckless Road into a movie. Marc Canter confirms it will not be a documentary.

He's also in his early 30s so he can get away with playing someone in their 20s. I think he'd convincingly do it, once he studied the footage and started picking all the little things up in interviews and performance footage, but a group of guys with acting and music ability to pull it off is tricky. It would have to be like a Monkees cast, having a mix of actors who have some music ability and musicians who can act, maybe not great but good enough to believe them as members of GNR.

It really doesn't matter because without GNR music it cannot possibly be an impactful film. So that ends any discussion of the film. I have yet hear Marc comment on that part.

I agree. Would be shitty if they just did Nice Boys, Mama Kin, etc and other early songs GNR covered like in the Hendrix movie. Anyone know how classic-GNR song licenses work? Does Slash & Duff get a say or vote?

It really doesn't matter because without GNR music it cannot possibly be an impactful film. So that ends any discussion of the film. I have yet hear Marc comment on that part.

The people that optioned the rights to Reckless Road plan on going through the proper channels with the bands music licensing attorneys to get the music and they would like to work with the band to make the film. There would be no point in making the film without the music.

• Like 1

With all due respect... I don't ever see how this get off the ground in regards to the music licensing and working with the band... whatever "the band" means..

How does this not result in endless lawsuits coming from Axl's "camp" ?

I hope I'm wrong

I'd rather see the mix of actors and musicians try to make the music themselves than lip sync to the original music. Joaquin Phoenix did fine doing the Johnny Cash songs, even though he could have just lip synced to any number of JC recordings.

The approval to use the music is separate from approval to cover the songs but because they're basing this on real people, I don't know if that factors into the approval. Not having the signature GNR songs like WTTJ and SCOM would definitely impact it, but they could go with any number of cover songs they did.

As Marc said there would be no poibt without the music and that is not going to happen so no film. Even if Axl was onboard, big if, Slash has gone on record saying he doesn't want a GNR bio film. Furthermore, all speculation of casting Axl is pointless. Nobody could pull that off in a convincing way and the whole movie would hinge on that particular performance.

Not trying to shit on this project Marc, but there are too many obstacles for it to be taken seriously. Unless of course the guardians of peace get involved.

robert downey jr!!!!!! i know you guys might think he wouldnt play axl well, but trust me, he really would.

i know hes a high paid actor but hes a true rock n roll fan and i think he would love to be a part and not demand such high amounts of money.

I think RDJ is a legend but I just can't see him as Axl...

robert downey jr!!!!!! i know you guys might think he wouldnt play axl well, but trust me, he really would.

i know hes a high paid actor but hes a true rock n roll fan and i think he would love to be a part and not demand such high amounts of money.

How should RDJ play a 25 year old guy?

he can look so young with his hair like they did in sherlock holmes, watch those movies you can see he really can play a character, not just himself as iron man

iron man and a lot of the movies hes in he just plays himself with the character involved a little, but in sherlock you can see he really can play someone completely different very well.

if you look up sherlock holmes or sherlock holmes 2 depending on which pics you look at he might not look as young as i know he can, i watched both movies and depending on how is hair is he can look really really young, and beard or no beard.

it would be better to get someone who can play him, instead of someone who looks similar.

now there are similarities they're both hot

now this is not the only or best example but i just happened to have watched this recently:

rdj has the charisma and energy to play axl, and you can see how well he does at this, compared to scarlett johansson who is a really good actor

you can see how well he does at imitations

and axl is a person who is very honest and stands very strong for justice, and robert would really take it seriously playing him and would do it very well

But is Reckless Road about Axl? What is the story here?

They conquered sunset strip then their debut went postal. They toured internationally sold more records. On drugs.

It's not a bio pic?

The Doors really played off the myth of Morrison. Stone saw one of his transcendental characters in Morrison.

GNR was just a controversy train wreck. Maybe there's a survivor story there but its more of a tragedy.

Are they really going to show the reality of the bands street life?

I'd definitely be interested if they write a script and attach a director.

It's always jarring to encounter someone so removed from reality.

• Like 1