Bumblefoot to perform in London - March 2015

Is this implying Bumblefoot needs that shitty cover band (some of the worst vocals ever too) guns 2 roses to see his tickets?

The link only says guns 2 roses

No its implying that Bumblefoot who as most of you know is a personal friend of mine is in London and is coming to jam with my "shitty cover band with some of the worst vocals ever" at my show which he has done on and off since 2010 as has Ferrer, Adler and Gilby in the past.

No Ron isn't using the GN'R name for nothing! He is merely attending the show as my guest and I am including him in the lineup.

Amazingly this has been up for HTGTH for a few days now and not one cupcake. Come on here and get one in less than an hour of posting.

Anyways guys it'll be a fun night so if your near to London then come along. Some great original bands too Wasted Sinners and Chase The Ace. :thumbsup:

For all you northerners there will be some BBF guitar workshop style gigs around the same week. I can already tell you that March 3rd he will be appearing at Newcastle O2 Academy. :)

ps* Thal's name is included on the venue's ticket link for the London show... http://www.theunderworldcamden.co.uk/gigs/?q=guns+2+roses+

Edited by G2R_AXL
  • Like 1

Is this implying Bumblefoot needs that shitty cover band (some of the worst vocals ever too) guns 2 roses to see his tickets?

Amazingly this has been up for HTGTH for a few days now and not one cupcake.

Dude you're kinda wandering into a minefield by bringing up HTGTH here.

• Like 1

Amazingly this has been up for HTGTH for a few days now and not one cupcake.

Dude you're kinda wandering into a minefield by bringing up HTGTH here.

Ah yeah kinda gathered that though not here to play off the forums, i mean were all fans of the same band after all. Peace! :)

Edited by G2R_AXL

To be fair, no offense G2R but the concept of the "tribute band" is really beyond pathetic. It's just sad really.

Can you even picture this kind of thing happening in the early 90's?

I mean put yourself in Axl's shoes, it must be kind of insulting to see a cover tribute band playing a show with one of your own membres.

I'd be pissed for sure.

There is a fine limit between being a fan and wanting to be one of GN'R members to the point of copying every of their mimics. Be your own man.

Of course Bumblefoot is a nice guy, he goes down with that to please everyone, it's cool of him. But this is not professional. You have to keep GN'R special, unique, so it's stupid to tire the name and legacy by playing with some tribute band.
Axl knows of all these things. He must have been pissed off by that. He must have been pissed off seeing Slash play with Michael Jackson and do other projects.

When you are on a project, fully dedicate yourself to it and support it.

As for a tribute band, just don't do it, or at least have the dignity not to ask members or ex-members of GN'R to play with you. Because it's just stupid.

Play in your parents' garage or at a highschool's prom. I won't ever care for a cover tribute band, it's the most pathetic thing that can happen in your music career, being stuck trying to impersonate someone you're not. Write your own songs.

To be fair, no offense G2R but the concept of the "tribute band" is really beyond pathetic. It's just sad really.

Can you even picture this kind of thing happening in the early 90's?

I mean put yourself in Axl's shoes, it must be kind of insulting to see a cover tribute band playing a show with one of your own membres.

I'd be pissed for sure.

There is a fine limit between being a fan and wanting to be one of GN'R members to the point of copying every of their mimics. Be your own man.

Of course Bumblefoot is a nice guy, he goes down with that to please everyone, it's cool of him. But this is not professional. You have to keep GN'R special, unique, so it's stupid to tire the name and legacy by playing with some tribute band.

Axl knows of all these things. He must have been pissed off by that. He must have been pissed off seeing Slash play with Michael Jackson and do other projects.

When you are on a project, fully dedicate yourself to it and support it.

As for a tribute band, just don't do it, or at least have the dignity not to ask members or ex-members of GN'R to play with you. Because it's just stupid.

Play in your parents' garage or at a highschool's prom. I won't ever care for a cover tribute band, it's the most pathetic thing that can happen in your music career, being stuck trying to impersonate someone you're not. Write your own songs.

Multple times we are told the same thing for 12 years. As pathetic as it may sound to you its fun for us and has taken us all over the world.

As for Bumblefoot or any of the other former GN'R members it is their choice.. As for Axl... dude, myself and other members of G2'R have been guests on every GN'R tour in the UK since 2002 at various venues, there is no bad feeling otherwise we wouldn't be there. In fact Axl probably doesn't even know or give a damn about this upcoming show!!! It's all tongue in cheek, we are just people having fun and making a fun night out for others!

The comment you made "You have to keep GN'R special, unique, so it's stupid to tire the name and legacy by playing with some tribute band. "

Erm dude.... Seriously? Everyone has been slamming that since Slash left! A tribute band in the UK or the hundreds around the world are not going to make a dent!!

As for being ourselves we do that also. We all have many other projects aside of this and the rest of the band have many other projects such as Evarane / King Lizard / Doberman etc etc.

Anyways this post was about Ron appearing in London. There is a section in this forum for tribute bands so probably best to leave this as it is. :)

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with cover bands at all-- I go to see GNR tribute bands whenever I can. It's fun! It's tongue in cheek, it's a send up, it's just good fun.

A lot of us here, though, are eye-rolling at Ron, not at you guys (the tribute band).

Ron likes to come across as fighting the system, all about the music, all about integrity, GNR is ruining his solo career, etc. And then he turns around and goes to play with a GNR tribute band. It's just so spineless and slimy.

Ron has benefited hugely from being in GNR, and he never acknowledges it. All he does is bitch about how it's taking away from his solo music, which honestly is very poor.

Ron will get to play to a much huger audience with this GNR tribute band (let alone actual GNR) compared to his own solo shows. If Ron goes back to being solo, in 3 years he'll be playing a dive bar in Bosnia to three local village drunks. And he knows it.

Edited by niceguy

Nothing wrong with cover bands at all-- I go to see GNR tribute bands whenever I can. It's fun! It's tongue in cheek, it's a send up, it's just good fun.

A lot of us here, though, are eye-rolling at Ron, not at you guys (the tribute band).

Ron likes to come across as fighting the system, all about the music, all about integrity, GNR is ruining his solo career, etc. And then he turns around and goes to play with a GNR tribute band. It's just so spineless and slimy.

Ron has benefited hugely from being in GNR, and he never acknowledges it. All he does is bitch about how it's taking away from his solo music, which honestly is very poor.

Ron will get to play to a much huger audience with this GNR tribute band (let alone actual GNR) compared to his own solo shows. If Ron goes back to being solo, in 3 years he'll be playing a dive bar in Bosnia to three local village drunks. And he knows it.

In fairness to Ron though dude this was my idea not his. He already has some top promoters booking him into some of the best places in the UK during the month of February / March. Newcastle O2 Academy being one of them as I said earlier on March 3rd. He isn't doing this little stint with us for any other reason other than he's in my town with a friend of mine and I thought it'd be fun as he doesn't get out in London too often. It just so happens that i'm in a tribute band but we are friends and this is the only reason why he's doing it. He doesn't make a habit of performing with GN'R tributes and i'm the only person in that industry that he's ever done it with. We did the same thing last year together as well and in 2010 with him and Frank also. This is nothing different to say you turning up to you friend's concert and jamming with him somewhere. Ron has been doing things with us since he first joined GN'R in 2006 and sporadic appearances through the years so this is nothing new despite recent outbursts (which some have been exaggerated) nor is it an attempt to capitalise through the GN'R name.

Edited by G2R_AXL

In fairness to Ron though dude this was my idea not his. He already has some top promoters booking him into some of the best places in the UK during the month of February / March. Newcastle O2 Academy being one of them as I said earlier on March 3rd. He isn't doing this little stint with us for any other reason other than he's in my town with a friend of mine and I thought it'd be fun as he doesn't get out in London too often. It just so happens that i'm in a tribute band but we are friends and this is the only reason why he's doing it. He doesn't make a habit of performing with GN'R tributes and i'm the only person in that industry that he's ever done it with. We did the same thing last year together as well and in 2010 with him and Frank also. This is nothing different to say you turning up to you friend's concert and jamming with him somewhere. Ron has been doing things with us since he first joined GN'R in 2006 and sporadic appearances through the years so this is nothing new despite recent outbursts (which some have been exaggerated) nor is it an attempt to capitalise through the GN'R name.
Did you guys play a gig in Sheffield last August/September with a Skid Row tribute in support? If so I was the idiot in the Kiss catsuit who offered to buy you a drink then promptly fell asleep under a table in the corner of the club. :lol: Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

This defines Ron just perfect! Amen bro.