Chinese Democracy Sales

Can we as fans get this record out there to the masses or has that ship sailed.

Sure, let's all drop what we're doing, quit our jobs, empty out our bank accounts, and go door to door all across the world, knocking on everyone's door and saying, "Have you heard the good word of Chinese Democracy yet? Bumblefoot is on it!"

Yes, let's do that.

And for the record, I LOVED Chinese Democracy the album and still listen to songs off it almost on a daily basis.

But the ridiculous notion that rock fans somehow don't know about it.........give me a break.

Most anticipated album of all time, remember that?

I still listen to it on an almost daily basis imo it is a great album.

I know a lot of people here don't agree with me, but I put it along beside either Illusion's album.

Better, TWAT, Catcher, Street of Dreams - all top notch GnR songs.

IRS, Prostitute, TIL, Shacklers - all above average.

It's not often you get an album that has 8 songs that you love.

I was on a long drive the other day and listened to Guns for the first time in a while. Went through my standard Illusions playlist, which meant I skipped like half the songs, mostly because I've just heard them too many times, Don't Cry, NR, Estranged for example. Then I decided to give CD another try, like I do every once in a while. I got all the way through it. Most of the time I don't. And I enjoyed it. That never happens. I feel kinda weird. Like I just realized I'm a little gay or something. Not gay, I'm still straight, I'm just not as straight as I thought maybe. :lol: I don't know. This happened over a week ago. I wasn't sure I wanted to admit it to the forum. I have a reputation to uphold. :lol:

Haven't listened to the album again since. I'm afraid I'll hate it again. Did I just break up with someone and I don't know it?

You'll never be as gay as me so you might as well not even try.
  • Like 1

And I enjoyed it.

giphy.gif

How long have you been waiting for me to say some dumb shit so you could use that? :lol:

Believe me, man, I know. And I'm not saying it's a good album. But before I put it on I just kinda said to myself, "OK, you're not going to try to ignore the whiny bitterness. You're not going to try to ignore all the useless blips and bloops. You're not even going to just tolerate them. You're going to embrace all of it. Immerse yourself in the self important self pity." And it worked. At least for one listen. Probably won't last.

I feel like I'm betraying you guys or something. :lol:

And I enjoyed it.

giphy.gif

How long have you been waiting for me to say some dumb shit so you could use that? :lol:

Believe me, man, I know. And I'm not saying it's a good album. But before I put it on I just kinda said to myself, "OK, you're not going to try to ignore the whiny bitterness. You're not going to try to ignore all the useless blips and bloops. You're not even going to just tolerate them. You're going to embrace all of it. Immerse yourself in the self important self pity." And it worked. At least for one listen. Probably won't last.

I do applaud your effort. You're now approaching my level of gayness when I have an off day.

The ones feeling let down are the ones who call you a hater who bashes CD without even listening to it, comes here only to bash GNR and Axl, etc...

Yeah, that throws a bit of a wrench in their operation, doesn't it? I guess they could always say I'm making it up so I don't look like a hater. :lol:

• Like 1

The ones feeling let down are the ones who call you a hater who bashes CD without even listening to it, comes here only to bash GNR and Axl, etc...

Yeah, that throws a bit of a wrench in their operation, doesn't it? I guess they could always say I'm making it up so I don't look like a hater. :lol:

I'm not gonna listen to CD as a whole again, I'll probably not like it as much as the last time I heard (like, 2 years ago, maybe more). I think I'll be the new hater here. :lol: I'm kidding, but chances are I'm not gonna hold it too high in my standarts.

It is still a great album to me, but with too much layers of guitars and synth and that 'masterpiece' feel that never really became masterpiece.

• Like 1

I find it odd that some fans think that if someone hears CD, they will automatically have 10 orgasms and proclaim it the bestest album eva and also say, well why didn't anyone tell me about this album when it first came out??!!!!

I find it odd that some fans think that if someone hears CD, they will automatically have 10 orgasms and proclaim it the bestest album eva and also say, well why didn't anyone tell me about this album when it first came out??!!!!

Not to mention the dancing.
  • Like 1

I was on a long drive the other day and listened to Guns for the first time in a while. Went through my standard Illusions playlist, which meant I skipped like half the songs, mostly because I've just heard them too many times, Don't Cry, NR, Estranged for example. Then I decided to give CD another try, like I do every once in a while. I got all the way through it. Most of the time I don't. And I enjoyed it. That never happens. I feel kinda weird. Like I just realized I'm a little gay or something. Not gay, I'm still straight, I'm just not as straight as I thought maybe. :lol: I don't know. This happened over a week ago. I wasn't sure I wanted to admit it to the forum. I have a reputation to uphold. :lol:

Haven't listened to the album again since. I'm afraid I'll hate it again. Did I just break up with someone and I don't know it?

:lol: Congrats! It seems you're finally mature enough to start appreciating it.

:lol: Congrats! It seems you're finally mature enough to start appreciating it.

It's the beginning of the end, pipe, slippers and flannel pyjamas next. Stock up on cocoa my dear. :-p

Magisme & DS should have a radio show together.

Fucking laughing away here in work like a numbskull.

I wish I could "go a little gay" on CD myself, God knows I've tried, but my fucking ears won't let Axl's incessant whining, the Guinness-fart guitar tones and the needless electronic interference pass.

CD is the only GNR album I can listen to all the way through. Or at least a side at a time. I dip into the old stuff now and then but CD definitely a record that gets better the more you listen to it. There's not too many rockers so its good on the stereo. There's just so much variety from track to track it's hard to get bored.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with you or anyone enjoying the album. The problem is when you hear things like CD it´s a masterpiece like it was some kind of before and after in the history of music. Unfortunately CD is far from being such thing.

What does it matter anyway. It sold enough to give people a chance to listen to it. They've also listened to it on myspace, and I believe people will give it another chance in 10 or 20 years. Maybe a better chance.

And it deserves that chance, cause it's a great album if you're an Axl fan. This is Axl like it has never been before. Just the amounts of his taste, control, and influences.

Divorced of any old Guns baggage, it's an album that demands repeated listens and objective ears, not comparing it to anything, and most people here like it from the polls I've seen and just discussions. They don't think it's a shit album and honestly, how can you not appreciate songs like Better, There Was A Time, Street Of Dreams, Catcher In The Rye, or the great guitar solos that are all over Chinese? you're probably one of those fans that can't live without Izzy's, Duff's, and Slash's influence to Guns so you suddenly hate it cause it's only Axl's vision and you're too butthurt to let go or you honestly don't care for it but that's kinda weird to me cause it's still Axl and some songs he wrote. You don't like any of it? not even 1,2, or 3 songs? you like half of it? you like more? then how come it's a piece of shit?

This is why people need like 20 more years to accept the fact Slash is not a part of the band anymore. Yeah, give 'em 20 more, they'll grow up.

The people here who don't come to what Axl releases with objective ears are as childish as he is. What was the topic again? sales. It don't really matter.

You know why Slash and Duff probably really did like Chinese as an Axl Rose solo album? cause they like Axl as a musician and they had no problem giving their honest opinion as Axl fans and it was positive DESPITE the bullshit that went down between them. That's more objectivity then some people here that claim to be fans give the whole situation.

Also: it's not likely for an old Guns fan to hate an entire album with some Axl Rose on it, great guitar playing, and a versatile combination of many styles to relate to with some OBVIOUS old Guns elements all over the songs.

Some people here really just don't like it, but as sure as fuck there are other people here that probably love it in secret and can't even admit it to themselves that they like it, or they didn't even give it a real chance in the first place or just need to get laid. You know who you are Maynard.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1