The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

@Len Cnut that was horrid! and when he jumped out of the car in that skintight black thing he had on i laughed! 

:lol:

There's worse out there but it's not bad, nothing I'd go out of my way for and I imagine it might get irritating if i listened to it a few times.  Caught it on the radio once when i was driving someone elses car so i didn't have my own tunes.  But yeah, nothing worth writing home over, is it?

17 hours ago, wasted said:

I've got a sandwich maker you probably aren't surprised. But I realised that frying the bread like in The Devil wears Prada is classier. That what Vinny Chase does. I got 2-for-1 brie so I've been frying that with strawberry jam for breakfast. It goes well with a glass of cava. 

refresh my memory...how did they do it in The Devil Wears Prada? i make my grilled cheese by using part olive oil and part butter, gives it a fantastic crunch and great flavor :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

15 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Bougie suddenly got popular cuz of those two fags that made that song...but it's been around since forever as a tern.

I would say Marx and Engles deserve much of the credit for its popularization :P

14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I wouldn't cuz they didn't say Bougie and they didn't invent the definition to denote 'stuck up' :lol:

I could imagine Marx and Bakunin yelling "You're bougie!" "No, YOU'RE bougie!" at each other and meaning stuck up! haha!  But, yes, fair enough! :lol:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

so can you be considered an alcoholic if you draw the line at drinking some kinds of liquor? like whiskey....i HATE whiskey. it makes me sick *barf* 

So far as I understand its dependent entirely on which type of whiskey it is

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i have tried Wild Turkey and Crown Royal...those are Whiskeys right? and the Whiskey made me absolutely sick. soooooo gross :D oh and Jack Daniels...is that it too?

I do believe those are indeed whiskeys.  Crown Royal is Canadian style (rye), Jack Daniels is US style (bourbon) I believe.

Crown Royal is not my favourite Canadian whiskey, but I think we have some good stuff.  Best Canadian Club I ever had was in New York go figure.  

I cant stomach much bourbon.  

So, we are both free and clear since we turn down whiskeys!  Phew!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soon said:

I do believe those are indeed whiskeys.  Crown Royal is Canadian style (rye), Jack Daniels is US style (bourbon) I believe.

Crown Royal is not my favourite Canadian whiskey, but I think we have some good stuff.  Best Canadian Club I ever had was in New York go figure.  

I cant stomach much bourbon.  

So, we are both free and clear since we turn down whiskeys!  Phew!! 

hahaha perfect answer! :D

i am sticking to white wine these days but a strawberry daiquiri sounds good....maybe if the weather stays good i will have a BBQ and serve them! :)

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm much more into Brandy and Vodka.  I mean i got nothing against whiskey, to be honest I'll fuckin' drink anything :lol:  Vodkas nice when you've been on brandy for a while, makes it go down like water.

there was a place that served Singapore Slings way back when i was just a pup...omg so good! but sooooo lethal, too easy to drink! ;)

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm much more into Brandy and Vodka.  I mean i got nothing against whiskey, to be honest I'll fuckin' drink anything :lol:  Vodkas nice when you've been on brandy for a while, makes it go down like water.

I switch to vodka every now and then to keep my waist line in check.  Mostly a beer drinker

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

hahaha perfect answer! :D

i am sticking to white wine these days but a strawberry daiquiri sounds good....maybe if the weather stays good i will have a BBQ and serve them! :)

there was a place that served Singapore Slings way back when i was just a pup...omg so good! but sooooo lethal, too easy to drink! ;)

so envious of bbq and daiquiri weather!!

Im hoping to make strawberry and dandelion root cordial when the weather arrives

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok you make cordials too?? i hope your significent other ( if you have one ) appreciates how great you are! :D

i might try Kahlua....vodka and coffee and let it sit, can't be TOO hard right? :P

That is too kind of you.  But no, my "its complicated / SO" doesnt really appreciate any of it.  Other then randomly stating an intention to learn to sew so that she has a DIY skill to contribute :blink:

The dandelions grow in the berry patch, so nature does most of the work and creativity.

Your nobble experiment is something you should keep us updated on!  Its like a second fermentation?!?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soon said:

That is too kind of you.  But no, my "its complicated / SO" doesnt really appreciate any of it.  Other then randomly stating an intention to learn to sew so that she has a DIY skill to contribute :blink:

The dandelions grow in the berry patch, so nature does most of the work and creativity.

Your nobble experiment is something you should keep us updated on!  Its like a second fermentation?!?

i honestly don't know...i saw the recipe and thought it looked good and an inexpensive thing to make as gifts. all i remember is add coffee and vodka! i'd have to look it up.

actually i would love to sew. my mom was great...she'd see a dress i liked and make one like it for like half the price. i just hated standing there and being fitted for it! but she made some gowns that were incredible. she and my dad used to attend a military officers ball and people were always asking her where she had "bought" her dresses from.

but i think you should be very appreciated! so many talents :)

15 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i honestly don't know...i saw the recipe and thought it looked good and an inexpensive thing to make as gifts. all i remember is add coffee and vodka! i'd have to look it up.

actually i would love to sew. my mom was great...she'd see a dress i liked and make one like it for like half the price. i just hated standing there and being fitted for it! but she made some gowns that were incredible. she and my dad used to attend a military officers ball and people were always asking her where she had "bought" her dresses from.

but i think you should be very appreciated! so many talents :)

I wasn't trying to slag sewing.  Not at all, just funny to me that thats the one thing she zeros in on - just random.  Like I'll build a log cabin up around her so she'll end up being in her new sewing room, with textiles I've woven of flax and died with beets for her, with a cordial in hand, when she'll look at me and say "you know, I might take up sewing."  :lol:

Its a hugely useful skill and Id like to have it myself.  And I sent her with a pile of my shits that need new buttons.

My mom sewed a great deal of my clothes as a child.  Nothing head turning likes your mom though. I too remember hating the measuring.  Especially the measuring along the way with al the pins pricking me!  She's doing some incredible dresses for my young nieces now.

And thanks again! 

PS thats sounds like such a special memory.  Thank you for sharing!

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, soon said:

I wasn't trying to slag sewing.  Not at all, just funny to me that thats the one thing she zeros in on - just random.  Like I'll build a log cabin up around her so she'll end up being in her new sewing room, with textiles I've woven of flax and died with beets for her, with a cordial in hand, when she'll look at me and say "you know, I might take up sewing."  :lol:

Its a hugely useful skill and Id like to have it myself.  And I sent her with a pile of my shits that need new buttons.

My mom sewed a great deal of my clothes as a child.  Nothing head turning likes your mom though. I too remember hating the measuring.  Especially the measuring along the way with al the pins pricking me!  She's doing some incredible dresses for my young nieces now.

And thanks again! 

PS thats sounds like such a special memory.  Thank you for sharing!

you're so sweet! and you did all that for her.

yeah i loved the clothes my mom sewed for me. some kids might have been embarrassed or whatever but i loved wearing them! but yikes! the pins :P i do remember that!

she made me a dress once out of pink velvet leftover from one of her gowns and i loved it but i was in a growth spurt period so it didn't fit very long. she gave it to my aunt who gave it to her daughter and then they had like a special portrait done of said cousin in the dress. i was not happy!

your mom sounds great :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

refresh my memory...how did they do it in The Devil Wears Prada? i make my grilled cheese by using part olive oil and part butter, gives it a fantastic crunch and great flavor :)

Vinny does it in a frying pan with butter and uses Yardsdale cheese or something like that. I just make it with a sandwich maker. Instarted using a griddle to get those lines across it like in the hipster cafe. I just use Irish cheddar though. Never had Yardwhatever.