The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

homemade huevos rancheros made with a new mexico chile sauce is a great brunch time dish. maybe with a spicy bloody mary?

ah, the bloody mary a good non bougie drink :)

Ive never had that dish, but always wanted to.  Not as common around here, I dont think.

sounds delicious

• Like 1

wasn't gonna have a beer tonight.  But, its been one of those nights.  

100th Meridian Amber Lager by Mill St (Labats owned)

Its tasty.  When not chilled sufficiently it can be slightly sticky.  But its organic and still has full body and flavour which isn't always the case with organic.  Organic, now THATS bougie :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soon said:

ah, the bloody mary a good non bougie drink :)

Ive never had that dish, but always wanted to.  Not as common around here, I dont think.

sounds delicious

i grew up where Mexican food was not common. but now it's everywhere and i have learned to kinda sorta make some dishes. i came up with the sauce for huevos rancheros from a place in Texas that made these killer enchiladas ( which i make now too. ) i figured the sauce would would for the huevos rancheros and it does :)

have you seen some of the bloody marys they serve now? some of them come with sandwiches as a garnish :P

14 minutes ago, soon said:

wasn't gonna have a beer tonight.  But, its been one of those nights.  

100th Meridian Amber Lager by Mill St (Labats owned)

Its tasty.  When not chilled sufficiently it can be slightly sticky.  But its organic and still has full body and flavour which isn't always the case with organic.  Organic, now THATS bougie :) 

agreed! :)

11 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i grew up where Mexican food was not common. but now it's everywhere and i have learned to kinda sorta make some dishes. i came up with the sauce for huevos rancheros from a place in Texas that made these killer enchiladas ( which i make now too. ) i figured the sauce would would for the huevos rancheros and it does :)

have you seen some of the bloody marys they serve now? some of them come with sandwiches as a garnish :P

agreed! :)

slammed!  

very fairly :)

will you post the sauce recipe?

On 4/5/2017 at 7:28 PM, soon said:

slammed!  

very fairly :)

will you post the sauce recipe?

oh sure it'e real easy.

½ cup minced white onion

1 clove garlic, minced

½ cup mild-to-medium-hot red New Mexican chile powder

2 cups vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth

1 cup water

ok i use this wonderful stuff called better than boullion for the chicken broth, just put it in the 3 cups of water. i use 2 1 ounce pkgs of the New Mexico powder because i have used a half cup and the 1/4 cup is just as spicy IMO. but you may want to start off using the 1/2 cup. i heat up about a tablespoon of vegetable oil and saute the garlic and onion til it's fragrant then i toss in the chili powder and stir for like 30 seconds. then i put in three cups water and about 2 slightly heaping teaspoons of the chicken better than bouillion. if you want to use the vegetable or chicken broth follow the directions for that. let it come to a boil then simmer about 20 minutes or til the sauce coats the back of a spoon :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh sure it'e real easy.

½ cup minced white onion

1 clove garlic, minced

½ cup mild-to-medium-hot red New Mexican chile powder

2 cups vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth

1 cup water

ok i use this wonderful stuff called better than boullion for the chicken broth, just put it in the 3 cups of water. i use 2 1 ounce pkgs of the New Mexico powder because i have used a half cup and the 1/4 cup is just as spicy IMO. but you may want to start off using the 1/2 cup. i heat up about a tablespoon of vehetable oil and saute the garlic and onion til it's fragrant then i toss in the chili powder and stir for like 30 seconds. then i put in three cups water and about 2 slightly heaping teaspoons of the chicken better than bouillion. if you want to use the vegetable or chicken broth follow the directions for that. let it come to a boil then simmer about 20 minutes or til the sauce coats the back of a spoon :)

thanks so much!  Im gonna try this!

• Like 1

On 5.4.2017 at 4:01 AM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

hahaha! that's why i do NOT drink American beer. gonna score me some oranjeboom this weekend ;)

English beer is the best. Especially Newcastle Brown Ale.

• Like 1

I had 7 Wurenbackers last night and 3-4 shots of this new German shot range. I remember Berg on this medical looking bottles. Weird herbal stuff. Then a bottle of red wine when I got home. I thought I might hurl earlier. But I think I'm okay. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wasted said:

I had 7 Wurenbackers last night and 3-4 shots of this new German shot range. I remember Berg on this medical looking bottles. Weird herbal stuff. Then a bottle of red wine when I got home. I thought I might hurl earlier. But I think I'm okay. 

fight it! last thing you want is this...:vomit:;)

58 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Sundays shouldn't even count as days, they're for wake n' bakes and being drunk by lunch time.

There Was A Time...:lol: I miss those days a lot! Too old for it now though. Now my Sundays are for blinding hangovers, trying to recover for another work week, and reviewing the Country Music thread to see what the fuck I was doing on Sat night...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

back in the day i'd wake up hungover as hell. bloody marys did nothing. but a couple of strong beers helped ;)

Wake n bake is the absolute way to go, as Mr Comstock said... I gotta move to a legal state. KS will be the 50th state in the union to ever legalize it. And I'm not into dope deals anymore. Used to be exciting back in the day, but now it would be pretty sad...

• Like 2