The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

10 minutes ago, wasted said:

Vinny does it in a frying pan with butter and uses Yardsdale cheese or something like that. I just make it with a sandwich maker. Instarted using a griddle to get those lines across it like in the hipster cafe. I just use Irish cheddar though. Never had Yardwhatever. 

is it non-stick or do you have to grease it? i don't eat much stuff like that but when i do i want that crispy buttery flavor! i had a George Foreman grill which was a huge mistake. driest burgers ever. i eat buffalo now which is very lean and has SO much flavor!

12 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

is it non-stick or do you have to grease it? i don't eat much stuff like that but when i do i want that crispy buttery flavor! i had a George Foreman grill which was a huge mistake. driest burgers ever. i eat buffalo now which is very lean and has SO much flavor!

In the movie he's a chef so it's probably stick. I use non stick griidle from Ikea like a soldier. 

I poached an egg the other day though. Working up to eggs benedict. 

Just now, wasted said:

In the movie he's a chef so it's probably stick. I use non stick griidle from Ikea like a soldier. 

I poached an egg the other day though. Working up to eggs benedict. 

hey kudos for poaching an egg! a lot of chefs test their new staff by making them cook eggs. it's harder than a lot of people think. do you use the little cups?

2 minutes ago, soon said:

thats my goal too.  Impressed you poached the egg.  

the trick to cooking like fried eggs or poached is get the freshest eggs possible. feel them...the fresh ones will feel rough. now if you want to boil eggs it's the opposite...get the ones that are smooth ( this is an indication they are not that fresh but it makes them easier to peel once boiled ) geez i sound like a home ec teacher! :P

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

the trick to cooking like fried eggs or poached is get the freshest eggs possible. feel them...the fresh ones will feel rough. now if you want to boil eggs it's the opposite...get the ones that are smooth ( this is an indication they are not that fresh but it makes them easier to peel once boiled ) geez i sound like a home ec teacher! :P

Cool- thanks for the tip!

Now I must find a source for fresh eggs.  Im on a waiting list for a nearby farm, but it will be ages.  Im in the midst of deciding whether to renew my community supported agriculture box this year and the fresh egg option that it carries will now be a factor.

Drinking a Faxe 

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Cool- thanks for the tip!

Now I must find a source for fresh eggs.  Im on a waiting list for a nearby farm, but it will be ages.  Im in the midst of deciding whether to renew my community supported agriculture box this year and the fresh egg option that it carries will now be a factor.

Drinking a Faxe 

what is a faxe?

and i just meant regular eggs from the store but so cool you can get REAL fresh eggs! i used to have a friend who raised chickens and had ducks as well. duck eggs are GREAT! like an orange orange yolk and such an intense flavor! i still feel kinda bad i was eating an unborn baby duck but oh well! I EAT duck :D

31 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

what is a faxe?

and i just meant regular eggs from the store but so cool you can get REAL fresh eggs! i used to have a friend who raised chickens and had ducks as well. duck eggs are GREAT! like an orange orange yolk and such an intense flavor! i still feel kinda bad i was eating an unborn baby duck but oh well! I EAT duck :D

Faxe is a lager from Denmark.  Thought Id mention booze in the booze thread :lol:

Oh, thats what people are doing when they check the egg cartons.  I always thought it was to ensure non were broken but wondered why it was so involved !  lol

shame on you baby duck eater! :lol:

• Like 1

LOL it is what most people are checking for. and you have to shift them around cos sometimes there is a small hole which will make the egg leak making it inedible :)

i know i know i am soooo ashamed! i wish i liked goose because i have no warm fuzzy feelingsw for them ( i had a wild Canadian goose almost attack me once when i was trying to get it out of the road so it would not be run over :max: )

ok alcoholic drinks and eggs! ever had a Ramos Gin Fizz? yum yum yummy! :D

never tried a Denmark lager, is it good? :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

22 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Been drinking lots of Kokanee lately ('cause it was on sale :lol:)

Haven't had that in a minute.  I remember when people would go west on ski trips they'd always return raving about that nectar of the mountain gods

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

LOL it is what most people are checking for. and you have to shift them around cos sometimes there is a small hole which will make the egg leak making it inedible :)

i know i know i am soooo ashamed! i wish i liked goose because i have no warm fuzzy feelingsw for them ( i had a wild Canadian goose almost attack me once when i was trying to get it out of the road so it would not be run over :max: )

ok alcoholic drinks and eggs! ever had a Ramos Gin Fizz? yum yum yummy! :D

never tried a Denmark lager, is it good? :)

Yeah Canadian geese are mean spirited.  

Never even heard of that drink but just looked it up and it sounds strangely tantalizing. Thanks for bringing it up!

Faxe is fine for a mass produced export.  Nothing particularly special about it IMO.  But for the price, Im happy.

1 hour ago, soon said:

thats my goal too.  Impressed you poached the egg.  

I used to poach them all the time because that's how my gran did them. I didn't know you could fry or scramble until college. So I know to put the vinegar in and spin the water. But as soon as knew about scrambling with cheese it was all over. 

I made two poached eggs and salmon. Kind of a remake of something I had in a spanish restaurant. Balsamic vinegar to cook the salmon. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, soon said:

Yeah Canadian geese are mean spirited.  

Never even heard of that drink but just looked it up and it sounds strangely tantalizing. Thanks for bringing it up!

Faxe is fine for a mass produced export.  Nothing particularly special about it IMO.  But for the price, Im happy.

ramos gin fizz is a brunch or morning drink...i don't drink them anymore cos gin makes me sin ;) i guess i could try with vodka?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

I used to poach them all the time because that's how my gran did them. I didn't know you could fry or scramble until college. So I know to put the vinegar in and spin the water. But as soon as knew about scrambling with cheese it was all over. 

I made two poached eggs and salmon. Kind of a remake of something I had in a spanish restaurant. Balsamic vinegar to cook the salmon. 

my mom made them with these old tin ( i think? ) cups. i have never tried making them but eggs benedict sounds great :)

i read about this guy who made scrambled eggs on a double boiler on low low heat, stirring them constantly for like an hour. uhhhhh no thanks! unless someone is doing it for me :D

15 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I mean it's alright but I wouldn't go that far... :lol:

oh, agreed!

36 minutes ago, wasted said:

Thanks for the tip!  i want that meal now

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It kinda tastes like how I imagine most mainstream American beer is supposed to taste. Which means incredibly average, obviously watered down, but doesn't taste like piss. :lol:

hahaha! that's why i do NOT drink American beer. gonna score me some oranjeboom this weekend ;)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It kinda tastes like how I imagine most mainstream American beer is supposed to taste. Which means incredibly average, obviously watered down, but doesn't taste like piss. :lol:

very true.  also to some extent how id describe the faxe I'm drinking now

• Like 2

drinking white wine and kinda buzzed. bad couple of days...

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

I've never had that but a quick google search didn't entice me. I'll probably just stick to Grolsch and Canadian beers :D

Grolsch is good. i had oranjeboom in a pony keg so it may not be as good as i remember cos i am not planning on another pony keg :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

oh, agreed!

Thanks for the tip!  i want that meal now

As I remember the eggs were on a thin slice of french bread with diced tomatoes/salsa. There were these thin slices of baked beet root scattered around. I didn't do any of these finishing touches. 

Got couple of bootles of Tsingdao stout for Monday night pretend not to drink night. 

• Like 1