The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

20 hours ago, moreblack said:

They were not unlucky, they were inferior in every part of the pitch.

They could score few more, they should get a penalty, France score some easy goals that Iceland could defend...they were 'inferior' against Holland and England too if you look that way.

I do have some Welsh blood via my father's line (apparently), although I'm more Scottish ancestrally. Wales through and through. I'll have the Welsh rarebit ready for Wednesday. Tom Jones and Shirley Bassey on the hi-fi before hand. Sheep - sorry, I'll dispense with the sheep jokes.

4 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Hes been sentenced too, 2 years porridge, of which he'll serve...guess how many?

In Spain a prison sentence under two years can be served under probation?

3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Jack and his buddy shit?

And the winner is...!

3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Jack and his buddy shit?

Yeah but you can bet your grannys dentures that if thats Pedro the thieving bastard from Madrid who stole a moped he'd be doin' the full whack.

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

What match is today? Wales vs Portugal if im not wrong? 

Yep, Taffy is a some would say racially objectionable term for Welsh people :D

I believe Portugal have played awful 'anti-football' and am surprised they are in the final. You can say, ''well played gallant Welsh heroes'', all you want but I do believe Wales will be kicking themselves here, albeit they lacked Ramsey which forced Bale to play deeper where he is less effective (gawd, I sound like a wanker from Match of the Day).

Hummels is out so it's pretty close on paper although Germany have more proven players. France don't seem as defensively strong so expect Germany to win. I'm not sure how Portugal got to the final but hope they win it. 

Ze Germans will (probably) win although France have been improving all tournament whereas with Germany you get a sense that they have not played to their maximum. France will have to turn it up another notch then to win. If it goes to pens, Germany win.

And both these teams will beat Portugal, but then Portugal have been playing wank and are in the final so they must be doing something right.