Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

5 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

I've heard she's legit double jointed. Doesn't make it any less cringe worthy. As long as they don't overplay it with her now. 

Oh the visual was stunning regardless. This has to be a one-time spot. If they keep doing it, it'll ruin the effect. 

On 28/12/2016 at 7:09 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

Yep, I agree.

The card for Mania 33 looks pretty stacked right now, couple of my buddies and I are thinking about heading down for the weekend.

Rumoured match ups:

Undertaker vs Cena

Jericho vs Owens

Goldberg vs Lesnar

Shane vs Ambrose

HHH vs Rollins

Rock vs some celebrity

Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley (Sasha turns heel)

Big Show vs Shaq

The gift of jericho

drink it in maaaan

• Like 1

11 hours ago, username said:

Charlotte-Bayley is pretty set for Mania. 

Charlotte-Ronda for Summerslam?

I think Mania is the coronation of Bailey, with a Sasha heel turn either by post-match beatdown or on Raw the next night, with Sasha-Bailey going from there. Id love to see Rousey vs whoever goes over in that feud, depending on how you bring Ronda in. I guess that's a big question. There'll be a ton of excitement when she comes in, but her personality seems much better suited to heel work. How do you bring her in, baby or heel?

An hour away from 2017 and probably 4 days from what is traditionally the best PPV of the year.

I have no interest in almost any of those Wrestlemania line-ups you guys are coming up with (apart from Taker/Cena which is a few years too late), just seem like rematches from your average RAW/SmackDown!.

In fact I can't really think of much special that they have left. Given that the ratings kept dropping from SmackDown! (comparatively) and that doing multiple PPVs a month has been a disaster, I'm thinking predictions of this company crashing in a decade are a little too optimistic. The bubble's going to pop sooner. 

14 hours ago, axlslash said:

I think Mania is the coronation of Bailey, with a Sasha heel turn either by post-match beatdown or on Raw the next night, with Sasha-Bailey going from there. Id love to see Rousey vs whoever goes over in that feud, depending on how you bring Ronda in. I guess that's a big question. There'll be a ton of excitement when she comes in, but her personality seems much better suited to heel work. How do you bring her in, baby or heel?

I'd say heel. But there's a fair risk she'd be just too popular to bring in as a heel. Brock has had that reaction too. And so did Goldberg. 

On 1/1/2017 at 6:48 AM, username said:

I'd say heel. But there's a fair risk she'd be just too popular to bring in as a heel. Brock has had that reaction too. And so did Goldberg. 

May have no choice, now that everybody's shitting on her. I'd like if they brought her as Steph's bodyguard/enforcer or something like that. Because then Steph can do all the talking. I don't see Ronda cutting a good promo at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moreblack said:

May have no choice, now that everybody's shitting on her. I'd like if they brought her as Steph's bodyguard/enforcer or something like that. Because then Steph can do all the talking. I don't see Ronda cutting a good promo at all.

Maybe let Ronda and Asuka have a heel-heel showdown, no promos, just stare-downs, Asuka Lock vs Arm Bar. Gonna be honest, she's the only legit competitive I can imagine for Asuka. 

16 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Maybe let Ronda and Asuka have a heel-heel showdown, no promos, just stare-downs, Asuka Lock vs Arm Bar. Gonna be honest, she's the only legit competitive I can imagine for Asuka. 

Agreed, because unless a mob beats her down before the pin, there's no believable way to book a 1v1 loss for Asuka at the moment.

20 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Agreed, because unless a mob beats her down before the pin, there's no believable way to book a 1v1 loss for Asuka at the moment.

And even with Ronda, Asuka has to win the first match. Ronda can't come in as invincible if her beating Asuka is gonna matter, and Asuka losing to a debuting Ronda would taint her monster image. If they book it right, though, it could be huge for both of them. 

You're on drugs if you think Rousey's going full time with WWE, even just a Lesnar schedule.

Her getting booed too? Not a chance.

She's a star and they don't have enough money to over do it. Tyson lost 3 times before the angle/run he had in 98, including 2-back to back losses and a suspension and still was a bigger star than everyone, but Austin. ...And there's no Austin now days.

Ronda would be paired against Stephanie for the publicity. The McMahon's see them selves as the biggest attractions. If it wasn't for Goldberg, Lesnar would be facing Shane at Mania.

Edited by AtariLegend

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

Wrestle Kingdom 11!!

I've never been a New Japan viewer, but I definitely plan on watching this one, especially that epic main event. Everything I've read makes it sound like MOTY for 2017 won't even be close. 

Well another year and another Wrestle Kingdom main event as the highlight of the year.

Last few matches were pretty good, but the main event was as special as expected. Best match of Omega's career (which is saying something after a certain match last year), even if the entrance was Wrestlemania bad.

If you really don't want to hear the Japness commentary or the English commentary with Kelly/Corino for some reason, it'll air next Friday in an edited format (wasn't a short match) on the AXS show with Ross/Barnett.

The main event was probably better than anything you'll see in the US this year. That said, they did announce that two shows in the G-1 Climax this year well be held in California. 

Edited by AtariLegend

6 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

The main event was probably better than anything you'll see in the US this year. That said, they did announce that two shows in the G-1 Climax this year well be held in California. 

That changes things, wonder if Vince will put on any shows in the city to counter.

Edited by moreblack

10 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Holy shit just finished watching the Omega vs Okada match....MOTY.

And now Omega is officially done with Japan. What a way to go out.

Will be curious to see who the new leader of the Biz Cliz will be. With how hot he and his merch are, plus the fact that he's splitting time between ROH and NJPW, it's gotta be Cody, right?

I'm sure there'll be news later, but his contract was set to expire last year. I find it extremely unlikely NJPW gave him the biggest push of his career and let him be the first foreigner to win the G-1 in it's current format (since Andre the Giant under the old format 30+ years ago) if he didn't sign a new deal.

Last year Omega was just a good wrestler, having fairly good matches. Over the last several months he became a proper star capable of classics, he's certainly not having the kinds of matches he had against Tanahashi/Naito/Okada in WWE. He'd be just a another ROH alumni blurring in with the rest on RAW/SmackDown! getting "this is awesome chants", but basically just a interchangeable mid carder like the other have become.

I'd have expected him to win the belt at some point later this year when they finally get around to the rematch.

If the worst case scenario was true, then I hope this is the end of Bullet Club. Adam Cole is good, but he's not Devitt/A.J. or Omega. He was also the one expected mostly likely to leave by the sheets. Meaning it'd just be The Young Bucks with generic mid carders.

Edited by AtariLegend