Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

22 minutes ago, username said:

Wouldn't it make more sense for Jericho to screw KO before Mania so they can have a match at mania without the title involved? 

That'd work too - but who gets the belt, then? Roman would get eaten alive, Rollins is already moving toward HHH.... I guess you could have Rollins take the belt into the H feud, but that'd be a weird fit for the big boss to come in to chase a belt. Owens/Balor fighting over the belt Finn never lost would be too perfect, and coward heel Owens falling victim to Bullet Club interference would be the perfect setup for Finn's turn. But I know I'm a smark (as evidenced by the fact that my previous post was as much about ROH as Raw :p) so I won't get my hopes up. 

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

That'd work too - but who gets the belt, then? Roman would get eaten alive, Rollins is already moving toward HHH.... I guess you could have Rollins take the belt into the H feud, but that'd be a weird fit for the big boss to come in to chase a belt. Owens/Balor fighting over the belt Finn never lost would be too perfect, and coward heel Owens falling victim to Bullet Club interference would be the perfect setup for Finn's turn. But I know I'm a smark (as evidenced by the fact that my previous post was as much about ROH as Raw :p) so I won't get my hopes up. 

I had to check the RAW roster for suitable champs. How bad is that?

I'm pretty much expecting Mania (on the RAW side of things) to be:

- Goldberg-Lesnar

- Rollins-HHH

- KO-Jericho

- Strowman-Reings (US Title, Braun wins) 

- Charlotte-Bayley (women's title)

- Sheamus/Cesaro-New Day, Club or Enzo/Cass (tag title)

I'm also expecting Finn in the title picture (maybe winning the Rumble). But these plans leave me short one champion. :lol: Rusev? Zayn? I can't imagine them giving either of them the belt right now though. 

Edited by username

1 hour ago, username said:

I had to check the RAW roster for suitable champs. How bad is that?

I'm pretty much expecting Mania (on the RAW side of things) to be:

- Goldberg-Lesnar

- Rollins-HHH

- KO-Jericho

- Strowman-Reings (US Title, Braun wins) 

- Charlotte-Bayley (women's title)

- Sheamus/Cesaro-New Day, Club or Enzo/Cass (tag title)

I'm also expecting Finn in the title picture (maybe winning the Rumble). But these plans leave me short one champion. :lol: Rusev? Zayn? I can't imagine them giving either of them the belt right now though. 

I could see any of the Survivor Series team carrying the belt as a credible champ, but they're all busy for Mania already with the obvious feuds. I think they were gearing up for Owens/Jericho at the Rumble and decided to put it off, but I'm not sure what the belt's trajectory is.

Rusev is in such a weird place. For as long as I can remember, the only reason he's been a heel is that he's foreign, but in his storyline, he's totally fucking right all the goddamn time. Yeah, defending your wife totally makes you an asshole...

Zayn had to go to raw to finish his business with KO, but holy shit has he suffered for it ever since. Get him on SD with the old NXT creative squad stat. He's wasted on Raw.

I suppose there's the big wildcard in the title picture: NXT. Joe is ready, out with an "injury," and id expect to see him in Austin. Also, calling it now, Ty is entrant #10. Someone down there - and I'm really looking at Joe here - could get that rocket ship strapped to them and go right into title consideration. Joe and Balor have a pretty storied rivalry back to NXT. Maybe Have Joe take the belt off KO at a minor PPV to set up the grudge match after Joe beat Finn at the house show last sunner... I don't know. It's just hard to see where the big belt goes from here with those other feuds in place. 

Rumble entry number 10 has to be Tye. Would be so fucking awesome. Also, personal belief only, but I'll be insanely shocked if Joe doesn't debut at the rumble. I just don't where universal falls into with it. They go KO and Jericho, does that need the title? Joe or Finn winning rumble and feuding with KO, where does that leave Jericho? Should be interesting, but if we get any combination of Joe/Finn/KO at Mania I'd be happy. 

6 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

Rumble entry number 10 has to be Tye. Would be so fucking awesome. Also, personal belief only, but I'll be insanely shocked if Joe doesn't debut at the rumble. I just don't where universal falls into with it. They go KO and Jericho, does that need the title? Joe or Finn winning rumble and feuding with KO, where does that leave Jericho? Should be interesting, but if we get any combination of Joe/Finn/KO at Mania I'd be happy. 

I don't think Finn will be ready in time for the Rumble. For him to win, there'd have to be a screwy finish where he doesn't actually do anything. But that's a finish for Darren Young to get a midcard title shot, not to reignite a hotshot push like winning the Rumble. Only way that'd go over at all would be for the Club to interfere and hand it to him, but they need more build for that. Hotshotting Joe into the picture would work great, but I don't see a way for Finn to get back in the picture for Mania - unless he's ready early and gets the strap off of KO between the Rumble and Mania, maybe via y2j interfering. 

My biggest fear: WWE thinking that Roman (c) vs Joe is a good main event. 

6 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Not looking forward to Cena returning.

Yup it sure will suck to have one of the most versitile workers on the roster and a proven star-maker coming back to a roster full of hot young talent he can put over. Fuck that. Keep giving me Corbin vs Kalisto over and over again. That'll do. 

So i've been behind for a couple of months, but i just got finished watching the CWC and everything up to No Mercy. I know i'm a couple months behind, and its probably been mentioned already, but what in the fuck is Smackdown?!

The whole last year and a half of Wrestling on TV seems to be completely pointless and random if you look at it in the grand scheme of things. Before the whole brand split we had Shane trying to take Raw away from Vince/Triple H/Steph. They put him in a match. If he wins, he gets the brand. He loses, shocker right? But wait, he still gets his redemption to see if he can please the people, making the match at WRESTLEMANIA null and void. Somehow Shane is still employed. The brand split comes, and Shane gets Smackdown so the fans have that to look forward too, right? Wrong. 

The E cannot seem to get Smackdown right. I thought for sure with the brand split Smackdown would become something a little more watchable. The writing is all over the place and horrendous. Somehow the writers thought it a great idea to split up the Club in the middle of the "Beat up John Cena" angle, strip Ambrose of the title as he's gaining traction as Smackdowns IT boy, then throw John Cena in the mix only to have Ambrose in the middle of the Styles V. Cena... What?! Not to mention the whole feud leading up to No Mercy was all over the place... Was it main event status? Why was it getting thrown all over the mid card, then being a main event the next week? My ADD keeps fucking with me just thinking about it. 

Speaking of that, how the FUCK do they put that match as the first match of No Mercy and end it with Orton v. Wyatt?! Who writes this shit?! Without any spoilers, does SD continue on this path? Or is the future bright? Its amazing how the fans FINALLY get what they want (Shane leading a speck of the company, or at least thats what we wanted at the beginning of this year) and WWE still manages to fuck it up. 

As for the CWC, holy shit. Those were 5 star after 5 star matches. Everything else seems lazy compared to those matches. Even NXTs wrestling seems lazy compared to everything the CWC gave us. 

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

So i've been behind for a couple of months, but i just got finished watching the CWC and everything up to No Mercy. I know i'm a couple months behind, and its probably been mentioned already, but what in the fuck is Smackdown?!

The whole last year and a half of Wrestling on TV seems to be completely pointless and random if you look at it in the grand scheme of things. Before the whole brand split we had Shane trying to take Raw away from Vince/Triple H/Steph. They put him in a match. If he wins, he gets the brand. He loses, shocker right? But wait, he still gets his redemption to see if he can please the people, making the match at WRESTLEMANIA null and void. Somehow Shane is still employed. The brand split comes, and Shane gets Smackdown so the fans have that to look forward too, right? Wrong. 

The E cannot seem to get Smackdown right. I thought for sure with the brand split Smackdown would become something a little more watchable. The writing is all over the place and horrendous. Somehow the writers thought it a great idea to split up the Club in the middle of the "Beat up John Cena" angle, strip Ambrose of the title as he's gaining traction as Smackdowns IT boy, then throw John Cena in the mix only to have Ambrose in the middle of the Styles V. Cena... What?! Not to mention the whole feud leading up to No Mercy was all over the place... Was it main event status? Why was it getting thrown all over the mid card, then being a main event the next week? My ADD keeps fucking with me just thinking about it. 

Speaking of that, how the FUCK do they put that match as the first match of No Mercy and end it with Orton v. Wyatt?! Who writes this shit?! Without any spoilers, does SD continue on this path? Or is the future bright? Its amazing how the fans FINALLY get what they want (Shane leading a speck of the company, or at least thats what we wanted at the beginning of this year) and WWE still manages to fuck it up. 

As for the CWC, holy shit. Those were 5 star after 5 star matches. Everything else seems lazy compared to those matches. Even NXTs wrestling seems lazy compared to everything the CWC gave us. 

You're absolutely behind - Smackdown is far and away the better show right now :lol: 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Speaking of that, how the FUCK do they put that match as the first match of No Mercy and end it with Orton v. Wyatt?!

One of the Presidential debates was on that night. So they threw the main event out their first... assuming that no one would watch the rest of the show, ignoring that most of those actually watching would have been on the network with a pause button.

No SmackDown! does not get any better, it's the same thing as usual... just filler and the same matches every few weeks. "better" is a relative term.

...And you're better off skipping any Cruiserweight segments post CWC.

Edited by AtariLegend

This week's ROH TV (recap of the UK tour) is absolute must-see TV. All Ospreay, all the time: Ospreay vs Fish, Ospreay/Scurl vs Youn Bucks (which includes Ospreay intercepting a Meltzer Driver with a springboard top-rope rana, with the Bucks STILL HITTING THE DRIVER), and Ospreay vs Scurl. The end of the tag match is on the same level as the Rollins RKO. Seriously. 

Best quality I could find:

Edited by axlslash
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

So Cena returns and just shoves himself into a title match at the Rumble? Man, guy literally is becoming Rock. 

I know we're smarks around here, but let's think in kayfabe for a second. Look at UFC. Rousey walked away from the sport for over a year to do movies and stuff. Did she have to earn a title shot? Fuck no. She's Rowdy Ronda Rousey, she's best for business with a strap on the line. If we're thinking in kayfabe terms here, how is Big Match John any different? On top of which, we know that their matches are dynamite. It'll be a one-off, I expect, then off to their respective Mania programs. 

1 hour ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Aj better retain that title at Royal Rumble.

My prediction is Styles retains with interference/distraction by the Dead Man. Then we finally get Phenom vs Big Match John at Mania 33. That said, Phenom vs Phenomenal One is a matchup that prints its own money too. I have a hard time seeing either top belt changing hands between now and Mania, but this one should be fun. 

13 minutes ago, axlslash said:

My prediction is Styles retains with interference/distraction by the Dead Man. Then we finally get Phenom vs Big Match John at Mania 33.

Yep, I agree.

The card for Mania 33 looks pretty stacked right now, couple of my buddies and I are thinking about heading down for the weekend.

Rumoured match ups:

Undertaker vs Cena

Jericho vs Owens

Goldberg vs Lesnar

Shane vs Ambrose

HHH vs Rollins

Rock vs some celebrity

Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley (Sasha turns heel)

Big Show vs Shaq

44 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Anyone see Alexa's arm from the other night? Jesus Christ I had no idea she could do that. Definitely cringed watching it. 

Did she legit have to pop her elbow back in, or just double jointed? I assumed the latter, but all credit to her if she got shoot dislocated and sold it that way. It looked gnarly as fuck either way. 

On 12/28/2016 at 8:09 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

Yep, I agree.

The card for Mania 33 looks pretty stacked right now, couple of my buddies and I are thinking about heading down for the weekend.

Rumoured match ups:

Undertaker vs Cena

Jericho vs Owens

Goldberg vs Lesnar

Shane vs Ambrose

HHH vs Rollins

Rock vs some celebrity

Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley (Sasha turns heel)

Big Show vs Shaq

This is my prediction. Optimism mixed with realism. 

Preshow: 

Natalya vs. Nikki Bella 

Enzo & Cass vs. Rusev (handicap match)

Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax 

Cruiserweight Championship
Rick Swann vs. Neville

Main show: 

Smackdown Tag Team Titles 
Wyatt Family vs. American Alpha 

Smackdown Woman's Title
Becky Lynch Alexa Bliss 

Big Show vs. Shaq

RAW Tag Team Titles
Sheamus & Cesaro vs. The Club

RAW Woman's Title
Charlotte vs. Bayley

IC Championship Ladder Match
The Miz vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin 

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H 

US Title Fatal Fourway
Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman vs. Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho

Goldberg vs. Lesnar 

Undertaker vs. John Cena 

Universal Title
Kevin Owens vs. Finn Balor

WWE Title 
AJ Styles vs. Joe

Edited by username

20 hours ago, axlslash said:

Did she legit have to pop her elbow back in, or just double jointed? I assumed the latter, but all credit to her if she got shoot dislocated and sold it that way. It looked gnarly as fuck either way. 

I've heard she's legit double jointed. Doesn't make it any less cringe worthy. As long as they don't overplay it with her now.