Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

6 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

btw what does everyone think Undertaker will do on Raw on Monday?

Announce that he is officially entering the Rumble is my guess.

I don't understand what's happening with taker at all right now. The whole SD return to announce that he'll no longer be defined by Mania and that he's really back...then gone for months again? It's weird. I have no idea what he's gonna do on RAW, but I enjoy that feeling of curiosity. 

You're right. Taker was on Smackdown threatening the roster, saying that they better win at Survivor Series "or else". Then he dissapears again, but now he's going to come back to Raw! They're screwing up the brand split again already!  :lol:

Anyone else think that they'll bring in RR so she can be buried by Steph somehow, to put herself over? :bitchfight:

13 hours ago, moreblack said:

Can't say enough good things about Okada vs Omega.

Imagine watching that with WWE's camera angles though. It'd give me a headache watching Kobashi/Misawa match.

30 minutes of the camera shaking then 16 minutes of zooming in on random fans.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2017 at 1:27 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

This twitter account is normally pretty spot on.

I think TNA will be in the mix too. Cody's working there sometimes, JJ is a Bullet Club guy, Omega has said that he wants to end his career as the legend that never went to WWE. With Anthem looking to build Impact back into its glory days, a couple of huge signings (Omega and Punk are both out there and would love to be the faces that take on WWE) would get some great run. I don't really think that either would happen, but I think it'd be pretty great to have the Biz Cliz come to TNA in full force. 

NJPW pay alot more than TNA (unless you're Hulk Hogan).

A.J. supposedly got what he would have got in a year in TNA within a few months in Japan working a part time-schedule. Karl Anderson supposedly made $640,000 a year base as a midcarder in Japan.

Neither were that fluent in Japaneses or as big as draws as Omega over there. There's no chance Omega's turning up in TNA unless they're paying him a ridiculous amount that even WWE wouldn't do.

Okada's supposedly on the equivalent of $1.7 Mill a year, though he is the current face of the company. Omega would probably want something similar (this is just a guess).

18 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

NJPW pay alot more than TNA (unless you're Hulk Hogan).

A.J. supposedly got what he would have got in a year in TNA within a few months in Japan working a part time-schedule. Karl Anderson supposedly made $640,000 a year base as a midcarder in Japan.

Neither were that fluent in Japaneses or as big as draws as Omega over there. There's no chance Omega's turning up in TNA unless they're paying him a ridiculous amount that even WWE wouldn't do.

Okada's supposedly on the equivalent of $1.7 Mill a year, though he is the current face of the company. Omega would probably want something similar (this is just a guess).

Cena has posted a pic of omega on his instagram just like he done before styles debuted at last years rumble, so it looks like omega will be at the rumble

13 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

I'm picking Bray Wyatt to win the Rumble. 

Follow the buzzards

6 hours ago, BrayWyatt said:

Cena has posted a pic of omega on his instagram just like he done before styles debuted at last years rumble, so it looks like omega will be at the rumble

According to Meltzer, Omega is exclusive to NJPW until January 31, so he couldn't show up for the Rumble unless they released him. Meltzer also has sources inside NJPW who believe (but can't confirm) that he's already re-signed. All signs point to this being a work, with him being a surprise entrant in the NJPW tourney starting in March. 

7 hours ago, BrayWyatt said:

Cena's just messing around, half the WWE roster mentioned the match and applauded it.

Bray Wyatt actually according to Bryan Danielson a few years back was a fairly big NJPW fan.

It'd be a shame to see Omega become another Kevin Steen/Tyler Black (although I've seen him have better matches than they ever did) on the roster. As a fan I'd have preferred A.J. staying in NJPW too. All those great matches and booked properly.

I still don't think Shawn Michaels should come back for one last match but I've warmed up to the idea a little bit. I had an idea of how it could work. 

Tonight on RAW......  People will start chanting "ONE MORE MATCH!" at Shawn and he'll be like "aw shucks but no thanks". Then fans will chant "AJ STYLES!!!" and that will kind of annoye him. He'll cut some promo reminding us how he's the showstopper and his show stopped but don't for one second think he couldn't. Basically cuts a promo saying he could beat AJ Styles even today.  AJ Styles responds to this on Smackdown in a cocky way basically saying Shawn is washed up and he doesn't have time for has beens.   

Then at Royal Rumble AJ Styles loses the title to John Cena while Undertaker wins or losses the Royal Rumble but it doesn't matter he'll face Cena at Wrestlemania for the title regardless.

AJ Styles is now pissed off he lost the title and admits he was distracted by the has been Shawn Michaels. He cuts a promo saying how he'd destroy Michaels. Finally one episode of Smackdown HBK shows up. Gets trash talked and beat down by Styles. The next week HBK comes out cuts a promo saying stuff like he'd enjoy nothing more than putting AJ in his place but a man is only as strong as his word and he gave his word to Undertaker that he would retire if he lost. That's when Undertaker's bell tolls. He comes out, tells HBK he has to do what he has to do as a man and regardless of his decision he has Takers blessing and respect. HBK shakes Takers hand, Taker tips his hat and BOOM HBK accepts to face AJ Styles at Wrestlemania in a non title match, because well,  AJ isn't the champ Cena is and that's really the only way this dream match can happen is if AJ isn't the champ. Because if he is then you can't even entertain the idea of Michaels winning so the match would be pointless but if there is no title the possibility of HBK getting a win vs Styles exists, albeit very slim so it keeps it interesting.

Then at Wrestlemania HBK does win and retires for good. Undertaker wins the title from Cena and then he also retires the next night on RAW for good. HBK and Taker go out on top. Taker gives his farewell speech, Michaels does not give a farewell speech this time but he does come out and tip his cowboy hat to Undertaker from the ramp and waves to the crowd.

Or something like that. Just an idea. 

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

Shawn and Zigler vs The Bucks of Youth in a Superkick Party match. 

But realistically, yeah AJ. But why would he announce a match against a Smackdown superstar on Raw?

I didn't say that. I think HBK would do cross promotion on both shows. He's leading into it right now. So far exactly what I layed out is happening hahaha!  But now he's talking about his movie obviously and now Rusev....... so I did not see this coming haha

Edited by Bono

Omega vs Okada was insane. That back drop looked sick and looked like it hurt like a bitch. Also read further and learned Omega is from Winnipeg. Same neighbourhood I live in, and that he worked at a small grocery store I helped close down a few years ago. Crazy. 

57 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Omega vs Okada was insane. That back drop looked sick and looked like it hurt like a bitch. Also read further and learned Omega is from Winnipeg. Same neighbourhood I live in, and that he worked at a small grocery store I helped close down a few years ago. Crazy. 

The backdrop is simple, but it's the best table spot I've seen in a LONG time. It and the top rope dragonplex both made me audibly gasp, though I think my favorite was Omega's leap from the top rope to the media pen. That was just insane. Also the double stomp through the table. But let's be honest, you can't pick one spot from that match. It's what Riccochet vs Ospreay could have been with a little bit more selling. It wasn't perfect, but it was fucking close. 

1 hour ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

So...

Jericho is the new US champion

Taker is back and entering the Rumble

Yes. I hate the implications of these things. 

1. Reigns is no longer US champ. I wanted him to feud with Strowman over the US title at Mania. And I wanted Strowman to win. Instead, this leaves Reigns open to feud for the Universal Title. You know, the single most stupid booking mistake WWE can (and will) make. 

2. This means Taker might WIN the Rumble and feud with Cena over the WWE Title at Mania. There are a few things wrong with this. First of all, a Taker-Cena match doesn't NEED a title. And that title needs to stay on AJ so he can feud with Miz, Ziggler, or even better Joe at Mania. This is the wrong time for WWE to have the title on anybody that won't be around on a full-time schedule the comming years. 

The only upside is that they'll probably have Owens and Jericho feud over the US title at Mania which means they'll take the Universal Title off Owens. I love Owens, but his title reign has been booked shit and seems unsalvagable. A good US Title run would also be a great way to re-build Owens. 

For Mania a few matches seem locked in. 

Show vs. Shaq

Rollins vs. Trips 

Goldberg vs. Lesnar

I like all of those. But I feel like the rest of the Mania card is WAY open. Cena-Taker seems likely, but has definitely not been locked in. I want the match, there just shouldn't be a title involved. 

</smarking>

Edited by username

7 hours ago, username said:

Yes. I hate the implications of these things. 

1. Reigns is no longer US champ. I wanted him to feud with Strowman over the US title at Mania. And I wanted Strowman to win. Instead, this leaves Reigns open to feud for the Universal Title. You know, the single most stupid booking mistake WWE can (and will) make. 

2. This means Taker might WIN the Rumble and feud with Cena over the WWE Title at Mania. There are a few things wrong with this. First of all, a Taker-Cena match doesn't NEED a title. And that title needs to stay on AJ so he can feud with Miz, Ziggler, or even better Joe at Mania. This is the wrong time for WWE to have the title on anybody that won't be around on a full-time schedule the comming years. 

The only upside is that they'll probably have Owens and Jericho feud over the US title at Mania which means they'll take the Universal Title off Owens. I love Owens, but his title reign has been booked shit and seems unsalvagable. A good US Title run would also be a great way to re-build Owens. 

For Mania a few matches seem locked in. 

Show vs. Shaq

Rollins vs. Trips 

Goldberg vs. Lesnar

I like all of those. But I feel like the rest of the Mania card is WAY open. Cena-Taker seems likely, but has definitely not been locked in. I want the match, there just shouldn't be a title involved. 

</smarking>

I'm not sure. I think someone costs Taker the Rumble and that's his Mania feud. That or its Taker-AJ for the title, with AJ going over. I do think this makes JeriKO a US title feud for Mania, and I'm guessing Roman may well take the strap off of KO. But I think Finn gets that belt back at Mania no matter who has it, likely with a surprise Rumble entry. If it's Roman-Finn, one of them has to turn heel. Given wwe, it won't be Roman. And heel Finn on the same show as the Good Brothers... worth a couple months with Roman as champ. 

I've also heard speculation that Brock-Goldberg may get changed to a different PPV because of Brock's USADA suspension. All speculation, obviously, but with Goldberg now staring down Roman and Strowman, there's something there. And Goldberg is signed for the PPV between Rumble and Mania, so there are options.  

11 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

And he'll be on fellow Winnipegger Jericho's podcast this week. With co host and also Winnipegger Don Callis(Jackal).

Also Brock Lesnar's a Jets fan
1484058606528.png?ve=1&tl=1

• Like 1