Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

On 1/31/2017 at 1:57 AM, username said:

SD has Elimination Chamber, RAW has Fastlane. Both before Mania. 

Also, I HATE this. I love Joe, but so far they ruined Rollins and to a lesser extent KO with the authority connection. People are sick of it. Rollins-Trips should have permanently ended it. Please don't ruin Joe too by making him one of Trips' cronies. 

We don't know for sure that he'll be Authority. Rollins came into NXT's house, Joe might just be defending NXT's honor. Dunno how they'll play it out, but could easily have Joe turn on Hunter at some point and be a rogue tough guy like Strowman. Hell, I'd love to see Joe vs H at some point. High school me who loved X Division Joe would mark the fuck out over that one.

WWE.com is "confirming" that Rollins reinjured his knee in the attack from Joe. Since H called Rollins out for being soft and getting hurt in the promo, I'm desperately hoping this is just kayfabe...

Ryan Satin has it now, too. He and Meltzer are the two of the most reliable dirt sheets out there. If they're independently confirming the injury as legit, I believe it. If this takes him out of Mania for the second year in a row, can he realistically stay in the main event picture on his return? Obviously he'll still be over, by how many times can the E book their year around him and have it fall apart in the Mania build? Fuck this sucks. 

Reports are popping up that Taker might be hurt as well. Might need additional surgery. Mania is on for now, but not at all certain. That would suck! But I'd prefer no Taker over immobile injured Taker. 

I really want Rollins to be at Mania and defeat Trips.. :( 

This could be good though if it forces them to reshuffle things. The card at the minute is looking terrible and that was with Seth vs. Triple H.

As for Taker. They really should have done Taker vs. Cena last year, if not before. Missed opportunity.

I can't believe Nakamura is not on the main roster though. Nakamura who was head-lining the Tokyo Dome 13 years ago isn't on the Wrestlemania card, but Shane, Shaq, Maryse, Nikki Bella ect. are.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, username said:

Reports are popping up that Taker might be hurt as well. Might need additional surgery. Mania is on for now, but not at all certain. That would suck! But I'd prefer no Taker over immobile injured Taker. 

I really want Rollins to be at Mania and defeat Trips.. :( 

Taker needs a hip replacement. That came out a couple of weeks ago. He doesn't want to have it done until he's done in the ring, though, so what you see is what you get for the rest of his career. If he really is gonna face Roman, turn Roman heel, have a promo where he says "fans hate me for no reason, you're old, so let's go career vs career." Let Taker get his shit in one last time at Mania, Roman cheats to win, and Taker gets to go out by creating a top heel. 

Rollins out 8 weeks sucks, but it could be significantly worse. That said, you can't build to Mania if he won't be 110% sure he can go. This will definitely mess some shit up.

1 minute ago, luciusfunk said:

Currently Mania looks like this:

Goldberg/Bork for Universal Championship

Bray/Snek for World Championship

Cenikki/Mizryse

Jericho/Owens

Roman/Taker

HHH/Rollins (assuming Rollins is healthy)

Big Show/Shaq

Charlotte/Bayley/Nia/Sasha

AJ/Shane is rumored. 

Shit card. Just really shit. Nobody gives a crap about Orton nor does anyone care about mixed-tag matches. Especially this one. Bork/Berg shouldn't have the title in it since both are part-timers and Goldberg is old. Wasting AJ on Shane is just stupid. Old guys and part-timers while they have a stacked roster atm. What a cluserfuck. 

5 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Taker needs a hip replacement. That came out a couple of weeks ago. He doesn't want to have it done until he's done in the ring, though, so what you see is what you get for the rest of his career. If he really is gonna face Roman, turn Roman heel, have a promo where he says "fans hate me for no reason, you're old, so let's go career vs career." Let Taker get his shit in one last time at Mania, Roman cheats to win, and Taker gets to go out by creating a top heel. 

Rollins out 8 weeks sucks, but it could be significantly worse. That said, you can't build to Mania if he won't be 110% sure he can go. This will definitely mess some shit up.

In my deepest of fears I'm scared that Vince will make Reigns the second guy to beat Taker at Mania in another desperate attempt to get him over. 

1 hour ago, username said:

In my deepest of fears I'm scared that Vince will make Reigns the second guy to beat Taker at Mania in another desperate attempt to get him over. 

The only thing that gets Brock heat as a heel is mentioning the streak. They have to realize that it would just further bury Roman... right?

Reports are that Finn failed his physical this week and still isn't cleared. Curious if he'd have been #30 if he got cleared. 

I think Vince might finally be pulling the trigger on Roman going heel. They can do it. When he eliminated Taker, he yelled "It's my yard now!"

But you know when Roman wins, Taker comes out, "You're the big dog now and it's your yard now." like the BS they did with Daniel Bryan. 

I think part of the problem for the past few years ever since they introduced the network, is that PPV buys don't matter. Attendances and ratings go down, but not Wrestlemania.

They literally feel like they can put on any card they want now. Sure their was minor celebrity/publicity moments on prior years... but at least they felt like they needed a strong card for the fans (well their definition of what it would be).

If Wrestlemania is selling out or close too it before they announce a card, they probably feel they can do anything. Last year it was almost legitimately 100,000 fans watching Reigns in the main event. Prior to Goldberg coming back, they wanted to do Shane vs. Lesnar instead.

Look at the Royal Rumble attendance this year? The last several years have been mostly disastrous and hated by the fans, but people keep going.

This is going to be the trend until they struggle to sell out Mania.

Edited by AtariLegend

14 hours ago, axlslash said:

The only thing that gets Brock heat as a heel is mentioning the streak. They have to realize that it would just further bury Roman... right?

http://whatculture.com/wwe/why-wwe-are-doing-the-undertaker-vs-roman-reigns-at-wrestlemania-33 

Honestly, if that card luciusfunk posted is on, I'm out. It's less than shit. Like they're purposely trying to create the worst possible card here. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1