GNR / Nightrain Official Online Webstore

OK, let's end the derailing there.

Here it is an idea. You know what they can do? Instead of selling stupid mech, somebody from the camp could come up with something fans care about. Put the CD remixed and/or a couple of unheard songs for fans to buy. I don´t care care. But I´m sure Apollo and others will be there in a heart beat.

It is clear that with all the reunion rumors and other things that went on, chances are the era of NuGN´R is over. So I guess they could close that chapter allowing people to download some leftovers. It is win/win situation. They get cash and fans get music to listen.

• Like 1

Let me help get it back on track.

Besides LEA, we can all agree that the prices on Nightrain are ridiculous.

I just bought two GNR t-shirts for my son and bought them off Amazon instead of the GnR store. In reality that shouldn't happen. As a diehard fan, everything I want should be bought at the official store.

I want to support my favorite band. But not at double the cost for items.

In the end, I'm guessing the money ends up in the same place no matter where you buy it from but I get your point overall. The official webstore prices just plain shouldn't be that high, period.

Full disclosure: I did buy the Welcome To The Jingle shirt as I maintain a digital membership for no good reason. The shipping was a bit much, but we have a family holiday that we go to every year where we're supposed to wear ugly christmas sweaters, so I figured I'd just grab that and wear it instead.

I couldn't see myself buying anything else from the official store though simply based on prices. If they ever correct them (read: at least 50% off "regular" prices) then I'd consider it. However, like you and others have pointed out, I can get any GN'R merch that I desire from pretty much anywhere else for far cheaper.

Here it is an idea. You know what they can do? Instead of selling stupid mech, somebody from the camp could come up with something fans care about. Put the CD remixed and/or a couple of unheard songs for fans to buy. I don´t care care. But I´m sure Apollo and others will be there in a heart beat.

It is clear that with all the reunion rumors and other things that went on, chances are the era of NuGN´R is over. So I guess they could close that chapter allowing people to download some leftovers. It is win/win situation. They get cash and fans get music to listen.

Don't even get me started on "selling things fans actually care about".

We've discussed it on here before but they could make killing by just putting up old live shows. Pretty much everyone would be interested in buying ANY and all UYI era shows. Then there are many people like me who would buy pretty much anything from 02, 06 and onward. Then there's the completists who would buy and collect everything they release no matter what.

You're talking about work that's already done and paid for. They'd be getting paid twice for work that's already done! Seems like an easy enough concept and I can't imagine why they haven't looked into it yet. I mean hell....... besides live shows, there's the million demos of CD material that many of us would pay for. Take the 14 songs on CD and think about how many "demo versions" must be in the vault. Putting any of them would cost next to nothing and any downloads sold would be pure profit.

• Like 1

I just bought two GNR t-shirts for my son and bought them off Amazon instead of the GnR store. In reality that shouldn't happen. As a diehard fan, everything I want should be bought at the official store.

In the end, I'm guessing the money ends up in the same place no matter where you buy it from but I get your point overall. The official webstore prices just plain shouldn't be that high, period.

Full disclosure: I did buy the Welcome To The Jingle shirt as I maintain a digital membership for no good reason. The shipping was a bit much, but we have a family holiday that we go to every year where we're supposed to wear ugly christmas sweaters, so I figured I'd just grab that and wear it instead.

I couldn't see myself buying anything else from the official store though simply based on prices. If they ever correct them (read: at least 50% off "regular" prices) then I'd consider it. However, like you and others have pointed out, I can get any GN'R merch that I desire from pretty much anywhere else for far cheaper.

We've discussed it on here before but they could make killing by just putting up old live shows. Pretty much everyone would be interested in buying ANY and all UYI era shows. Then there are many people like me who would buy pretty much anything from 02, 06 and onward. Then there's the completists who would buy and collect everything they release no matter what.

You're talking about work that's already done and paid for. They'd be getting paid twice for work that's already done! Seems like an easy enough concept and I can't imagine why they haven't looked into it yet. I mean hell....... besides live shows, there's the million demos of CD material that many of us would pay for. Take the 14 songs on CD and think about how many "demo versions" must be in the vault. Putting any of them would cost next to nothing and any downloads sold would be pure profit.

There are so many posters on here they could manage GnR sooooo much better than TB that it isn't even funny.

I suppose if Axl doesn't want to be known as a fan-friendly band tho it really doesn't matter who runs the show.

There are so many posters on here they could manage GnR sooooo much better than TB that it isn't even funny.

I suppose if Axl doesn't want to be known as a fan-friendly band tho it really doesn't matter who runs the show.

My one year old nephew could run GN'R better than Team Brazil.

It seems like it's not an easy task, look at all those big management names that didn't do anything on merch wise.

It seems like it's not an easy task, look at all those big management names that didn't do anything on merch wise.

Like I said. The best and coolest ideas really mean nothing if Axl doesn't care about his fans.

I'm not sure it's strictly just Axl or TB that is behind the new merch store, the timing suggests it might be part of the new legalities sorted out between Axl, Slash and Duff, they all get a cut of merch bearing old GNR logos so I wouldn't be surprised if a better but more expensive range is part of a wider deal including stuff like the pinball app.

I don't get the impression that individually Axl is that bothered by merch these days beyond the odd tour shirts otherwise we would have had blankets and pillows a while back, I know there was a towel at some point but nobody really made a huge attempt at GNR merch since the 90's, certainly not in the CD era.

I'm not sure it's strictly just Axl or TB that is behind the new merch store, the timing suggests it might be part of the new legalities sorted out between Axl, Slash and Duff, they all get a cut of merch bearing old GNR logos so I wouldn't be surprised if a better but more expensive range is part of a wider deal including stuff like the pinball app.

I don't get the impression that individually Axl is that bothered by merch these days beyond the odd tour shirts otherwise we would have had blankets and pillows a while back, I know there was a towel at some point but nobody really made a huge attempt at GNR merch since the 90's, certainly not in the CD era.

Jokes aside of Axl and TB. I guess Bravado is the company who handles this, I assume they are part of the record company which is Universal/Geffen.

They are not the new legalities between the 3 of them, this stuff was sorted out more than 2 years ago that all of them of would get an equal share and that all 3 of them have the right and blah blah.

But as its a Guns N' Roses thing, so of course Bravado would have taken permission of all 3 of them and by the looks of it even Axl agreed. Even though Axl wanted to move forward and all that stuff.

TBH I guess Axl,Slash and Duff see this as a business model, they are just business men who are putting their stuff and want to earn money buy it.

But seriously those prices are ABSURD.

It's so easy to knock knock knock on right next door to Santa! Welcome to the jingle you hoe hoe hoes!

Wow with that kind of talent. I don't think you ever have to worry about fans asking to take pictures with you or give you gifts.

ZXl64Jo.jpg

This is cringeworthy and anyone who supports it is an idiot.

I think it's really cute and fun. I can't wait to wear mine. I even bought one as a Christmas gift for my boss.

He should fire you

She is actually very excited. And she loved her leather limited edition of The Language of Fear. P
  • Like 1

People buying that Blanket and Pillow or even the Pyjama must be Rich or Delusional or super loyal to Axl and TB. Seriously why the hell would you want to spend your money on that shit?

I like band tshirts and all, but seriously the price should be right for it.

I would get a better quality blanket for $20.

..or Brazilian! Have a look on that tweeter feed beneath the advert: full of Portuguese!

Those pyjamas are frighteningly ugly.

I think they're cute and cozy. Perfect for being stuck in the house in a Chicago winter.

Bet you are, ehh, ''on the Nightrain'', the club? You strike me as somebody who would be a member.

Yes I am a proud rider on the nightrain. They even included a pic of me in the lower right hand corner of the Thanksgiving card they made that was posted on the official GNR facebook page. I don't know who to post pics but it's on their facebook. Totally made my day last week to be included. :axl::heart:

That's cool! I'm a proud rider, too!! For life!

It's so easy to knock knock knock on right next door to Santa! Welcome to the jingle you hoe hoe hoes!

Wow with that kind of talent. I don't think you ever have to worry about fans asking to take pictures with you or give you gifts.

ZXl64Jo.jpg

I think it's really cute and fun. I can't wait to wear mine. I even bought one as a Christmas gift for my boss.

He should fire you

She is actually very excited. And she loved her leather limited edition of The Language of Fear. P

That's actually PERFECT for an ugly sweater Christmas party! I might have to get me one...

I worry more about the people who actually give gifts to complete strangers just because they are on TV. Hopefully you're not one of those idiots.

• Like 2

I worry more about the people who actually give gifts to complete strangers just because they are on TV. Hopefully you're not one of those idiots.
I like gift giving in general. Lots of people give gifts to their favorite artists. And most of them appreciate it. But you have no worries mate. I don't think being a celebrity is in your future.

There are no words....

Why? It's a beautiful book by a great writer.

ZXl64Jo.jpg

Worlds most dangerous rock band......,

Axl is all about the music - call him Mr. integrity.......

Annie - is there any shirt that GnR could release where you wouldn't praise it?

If GnR released a shirt that said Michael C Hall sucked or Chris Hemsworth was an idiot.....

Ps - dang, I just actually caught that. Axl signed in as Dexter. So naturally that show would become your favorite.

There are no words....

there are words, bro.

Oh and I found an app for my phone that sells this stuff for a lot cheaper than the store. Some of the Merch may not be as God, or bad, depending on who you are but, I got kids to feed this year so.. Yeah the app it is.

Edited by Billsfan