NAACP Office Bombed, Zero Fucks Given

magisme

A bomb detonated at the Colorado chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) last night, but you may not have heard much about it. It appears that the major 24-hour cable networks gave the incident little to no air attention.

A ThinkProgress search of television databases suggests CNN gave one cursory report on the incident at 6:34 a.m., while MSNBC and Fox News appear to have not mentioned the incident on air since it happened. Other networks, including Headline News, (HDLN) mentioned the incident in the morning news.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/01/07/3608976/a-bomb-went-off-at-a-colorado-naacp-where-is-the-24-hour-news-cycle/

It's in Colorado and it happened outside the building, no one was hurt and it singed the side of the building. If someone blew up a car outside it might have gotten more news time.

If it had gone up like Oklahoma City and at their corporate headquarters, it would have taken over the news. if it had happened in NYC there would have been way more coverage (you know the media world revolves around New York).

It is scary because every NAACP in America now has to worry.

Why is this not getting coverage? It's pretty much a terrorist attack isn't it?

Edit: my mistake, I thought this was the France thread.

I think its not being talked about because it's not as 'sexy' of a story. The bomb caused almost no damage and no one was injured or killed.

It also appears to be a single domestic terrorist, so it doesn't carry the same international security implications that a radical Muslim terrorist group murdering 12 people does, especially when Islam has generally been labeled as 'the bad guys' for the past two decades.

Edited by Dan H.

It's not getting coverage because they want people to respond to it not getting coverage like this, fueling the race war more

it didnt stop the us media from doing it for the past 6 or 7 months :lol:
It's a little different when people are being shot by representatives of the governments whos job is to protect the people from stuff like getting shot

It's not getting coverage because they want people to respond to it not getting coverage like this, fueling the race war more

it didnt stop the us media from doing it for the past 6 or 7 months :lol:
It's a little different when people are being shot by representatives of the governments whos job is to protect the people from stuff like getting shot

yeah but doctoring audio recordings and passing on false information like michael brown was on his knees and his hands up begging to not be shot which has been proven bullshit. the media did nothing to fact check any information they just threw out bullshit as real information to get a desired reaction and they got it so why would the media now grow a conscience?

• Like 1

Let's not worry about it because it's a small bomb and we don't like the NAACP. :lol:

In my defence I just wanted to use the word "cracker" in context. :lol:

Oh, I laughed at that. I wasn't referring to you, more the general direction the thread was starting to go.

Media in "not giving crises coverage based on their degree of severity" shocker. Look at last year when 43 Mexican students were kidnapped, tortured and burned alive for exercising their right of free speech and peaceful protest, where was their 22-page thread on the forum?

Didn't the news about that more slowly seep in? I mean, they first disappeared and then muc later it was revelaled they were killed, and then, after that, they were found and shown to have been tortured and burned? It simply didn't have the immediacy about it.

Perhaps a better example of a recent diaster that barely received much global attention is this: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/09/boko-haram-deadliest-massacre-baga-nigeria which happend just a few days ago. 2000 killed! It dwarves everything but received little attention because it doesn't directly affect us. Its like malaria, a disease that kills about 1 million per year and is thought to be the greatest serial killer in the world having killed perhaps up to 25 % of all humans who have ever lived (!), but which is allowed to continue to decimate the populations in Africa despite the fact that we do have medicines for this disease, because we we don't really care that much. Let me repeat that: We don't really care that much. It's so fucked up.

• Like 1