The MyGNR Travel Thread 2015

WFA

For the first time in Mumbai. Really exciting place but not somewhere I'd bring my wife and kids. Tumultous, schorching, poverty, colourful, loud, garbage, dead animals, "horn please", the runs, stolen looks, crazy traffic, flavoury. Hope I get to see some more before I go home.

Snakes? Is that you? :lol:

Did I tell how hot it is here? Oppressively so. It doesn't help with my upset stomach. Anyway, this day I managed to get to the fair. It took me about an hour in traffic, and in the end the driver sat me off on the opposite side of the road. I had to cross like 8 lanes of traffic. That's many cars in Mumbai. Luckily I was immediately ambushed by a small Tamili boy who wanted money, I paid him to assist me across. The fair was like the rest of Mumbai, confusing, colorful and chaotic. I managed to stroll around for a few hours before I called it quits. I will give it another try tomorrow. Now I am going to try some food and see how that works out. Oh yeah, I also passed a funeral procession on the way to the fair. Yesterday it was a cow holding up traffic, today a dead woman.

Did I tell how hot it is here? Oppressively so. It doesn't help with my upset stomach. Anyway, this day I managed to get to the fair. It took me about an hour in traffic, and in the end the driver sat me off on the opposite side of the road. I had to cross like 8 lanes of traffic. That's many cars in Mumbai. Luckily I was immediately ambushed by a small Tamili boy who wanted money, I paid him to assist me across. The fair was like the rest of Mumbai, confusing, colorful and chaotic. I managed to stroll around for a few hours before I called it quits. I will give it another try tomorrow. Now I am going to try some food and see how that works out. Oh yeah, I also passed a funeral procession on the way to the fair. Yesterday it was a cow holding up traffic, today a dead woman.

Go up to a local and go 'thwari bahn di pudey!', it's a customary local greeting there, they'll love you for it ;)

Go up to a local and go 'thwari bahn di pudey!', it's a customary local greeting there, they'll love you for it ;)

Does it work to the next man who comes up to me and wants to take my photograph?

Does it work to the next man who comes up to me and wants to take my photograph?

No, for that you need 'oy harami, haat nahin laganeh kah, sumjeh? Mah deh loreh!'

Edited by Len B'stard

• 6 months later...

Sunday the 5th of June 2016... Walking around 'my part of Amsterdam'my local block in this country that I, on my second visit here, feel a lot more confident about navigating now, my neighbourhood in Amsterdam... Basically @ Damrak.

13336000_10209792128510525_3629453494038 

(this is on my road here)

13330917_10209792130430573_6198892142144

13346420_10209792132510625_8062639166580

I don't know what this building is, looks like a church to me but it's not... it's right next door...  I walk out of where I'm staying to the cigarette post card Rizla shop next door that's next door to my favorite weed cafe here... And this church looking building's service entrance is on the other side of my hotel, short walk to a lot of great stuff I've found so, whatever this things is, this is like the Church in Thornton Heath near my house, and Royal Palace of Amsterdam is Thornton Heath Train Station to me and Dam Square is the Coral Betting Shop and Wetherspoons because the big super market (Albert Hein) behind the Royal Palace of Amsterdam is my Thornton Heath Tesco.  

13346794_10209792133510650_5740385626819

Edited by Snake-Pit