The MyGNR Travel Thread 2015

WFA

San Carlo Manchester? Fuck off. Do I want to wait 20-30 minutes after my reservation while you seat fucking footballers? NO. I'd rather eat anoher burger at Almost Famous Anytime, any day. Fuck off.

On a more positive and sober note, may I just emphasize how great the burger at Almost Famous is? Dare I say...the best I've ever had?

I bought my friend some baconnaise online after had it with the chips there. The triple bacon cheeseburger was amazing.

I could use some advice.

Context: My parents live in a pretty remote town. The only airport within reasonable distance is very small and has flights to very few international destinations. I’m visiting them for Christmas but there isn’t any way to get back to where I live without spending the night somewhere on the way. So if I have to do that anyway, I thought I may as well take a little longer and do a full tourist trip. So I ended up getting a flight to Bologna right after Christmas, on the 27th. Now I am deciding what to do next.

I figure I could take the whole week: 2 nights in Bologna, 2 nights in Florence, and 3 nights in Rome, travelling by train between cities without a detour. Then I could fly from Rome directly to Edinburgh (where I live) on the morning of the 3rd. Seems pretty convenient. Does anybody have suggestions to make it better? Maybe distributing the nights differently or stop anywhere along the way? Also, that many days away (including the time visiting my parents) sounds a bit exhausting to me. And it means I’m in Rome on the 1st when everything is closed so it’s basically an entire day when there isn’t much to do.

For what it’s worth I can also fly out from Milan but Rome is more convenient.

I've never been to Italy by the way.

Booking up for a spur of the moment trip to the US in a couple of weeks. Fat bastard BBQ here I come!!!! :lol:

I was thinking this morning...

I want to do that...

Save up, go Philadelphia

Save up, go Aspen, CO

Save up, go Los Angeles...

Treat America like it is my other country (again) - it a spur of the moment thing but; that's the plan! :)

Like multiple trips back and forth between England and them places.

Well done on chasing down the trodding horses.

It said Heineken on it. :lol:

Booking up for a spur of the moment trip to the US in a couple of weeks. Fat bastard BBQ here I come!!!! :lol:

I want to do that...

Save up, go Philadelphia

Save up, go Aspen, CO

Treat America like it is my other country (again) - it a spur of the moment thing but; that's the plan! :)

£1, 350 for what I want; I can afford it with so much spending money... £1, 950 ($2, 960)...

Grrr, tis' not enough I want to party like a rockstar, grrr!!! :lol:, they don't even have legal weed in that state, (Philadelphia)/PA - I guess $2, 960 on 6 days could be... doable to live off of.

Edited by Snake-Pit

I want to do that...

Save up, go Philadelphia

Save up, go Aspen, CO

£1, 350 for what I want; I can afford it with so much spending money... £1, 950 ($2, 960)...

Grrr, tis' not enough I want to party like a rockstar, grrr!!! :lol:, they don't even have legal weed in that state, (Philadelphia)/PA - I guess $2, 960 on 6 days could be... doable to live off of.

Party like a rockstar in 2015 means sitting in an armchair eating Digestives, watching documentaries about yourself and struggling to mask your right wing leanings in interviews with The Telegraph, all the rockstars are Grandads now :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'm going to be flying to the US twice in the next couple of months. We were planning on doing Germany for Christmas but now it looks like we'll be visiting family in the States again instead. Looking at New Year in New Orleans or possibly Vegas again.

Edited by Dazey

Looking forward to a weekend of beer, beer and more beer in Antwerp with a group of friends at the end of the month. It's going to be 9 of us, known eachother since we were 12 and played football together. First time in a long time (10 years?) that it's been the whole gang for the whole weekend. We're visiting Duvel and De Koninck breweries and for the rest we'll see. Very excited! ^_^

• Like 1

Was in Cornwall over the weekend for a friend's hen party, then paid a flying visit to Glasgow yesterday and looks like we'll be back up there again a couple of weeks before Christmas.

Also hoping to get our honeymoon booked to St Lucia ^_^

You lucky lucky bunny :)

Was in Cornwall over the weekend for a friend's hen party, then paid a flying visit to Glasgow yesterday and looks like we'll be back up there again a couple of weeks before Christmas.

I really want to go horseback riding in the sea but I don't think he's quite so into it :lol:

I really want to go horseback riding in the sea but I don't think he's quite so into it :lol:

Fuckin' rope him into it, it's your honeymoon too right? See look, this is where the take part of the give and take equation comes in, you feign a little enthusiasm for the big day and then pull yourself something back with the horseback riding in the sea bit. Just the visual of it is quite something, where'd you get an idea like that in your head? :)

Fuckin' rope him into it, it's your honeymoon too right? See look, this is where the take part of the give and take equation comes in, you feign a little enthusiasm for the big day and then pull yourself something back with the horseback riding in the sea bit. Just the visual of it is quite something, where'd you get an idea like that in your head? :)

I knew you could do it in Jamaica (might have seen it on America's Next Top Model... :lol:) and was just researching St Lucia and apparently it's a thing there too! I love horses but obviously don't have the money or time to go riding much at home, so I like to take the opportunity when I can, and riding a horse in the caribbean sea feels like it would be pretty special ^_^

clip_image001.jpg

• Like 1

If my missus wants me to go somewhere or do something I'm not keen on (shopping mostly) then she just gives me a big plastic beaker full of Stella to take with me. :lol: