The MyGNR Travel Thread 2015

WFA

Has anyone been to or heard of a place called Solvang? I went to California a good few years ago and strayed into this place. its a really surreal place it's basically like a little quaint Danish town in the middle of California. There's windmills horses and carts etc really fucking strange. I wasn't sure if I'd dreamt it until I google it. I remember getting a hot dog from this bar which had clogs and stuff on the wall.

This is it here, it looks like a theme park but it's an actual town where people live

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=solvang&biw=962&bih=601&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=dmLoVKXmLMrtaIHRguAO&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&dpr=1.33#imgrc=0rnqrev4DjPc3M%253A%3B73UKPOACP3w7NM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.elverhoj.org%252Fimages%252Fhistory%252FSolvang.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.elverhoj.org%252Fhistory.html%3B598%3B399

Edited by spunko12345
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have spent this weekend in South Devon. Staying in Ivybridge, but had two nights out in Plymouth and spent today in Totnes. I have to go home tomorrow, which is a lovely train journey round the estuary. I've had a lovely time but have seen enough of Totnes' hippy shops to do me the year now.

Vancouver in May for U2 (been there a million times, family lives there)

Montreal in June for U2 (never been there before)

Dallas in the fall sometime for a Cowboys game. Probably vs Patriots but need to wait for the schedule to come out. Been to Dallas once before.

Brussels this weekend. I haven't been traveling much these past five years but I'd like to get more into it.

Really enjoyed Brussels when I went with the wife last year. Not the most amazing city in the world but plenty to do and the beer is outrageous.

Brussels this weekend. I haven't been traveling much these past five years but I'd like to get more into it.

Really enjoyed Brussels when I went with the wife last year. Not the most amazing city in the world but plenty to do and the beer is outrageous.

It was the only european destination I could find reasonably priced flights for this weekend. I had forgot it was Easter weekend and friday is off nationwide.

This easter I am giving up my atheist ways. I had a beer earlier today in Brussels that made me see the face of God!

Not really, but these belgian guys make some amazing shit!

In my final year of school we went on a trip to Brussels to the European parliament. The night before we went to parliament a group of us went and got a load of Cherry flavoured beer and got pissed until the early hours, at the breakfast in the hotel I was still steaming and dropped my cereal everywhere. We had a speech in the parliament by glenys Kinnock later that morning (Neils wife) and my friend Chris sat next to me kept nodding off. Our teacher was furious saying we'd let the school down but he was on it with us that night the two faced twat. Belgium beer is tha shiznit.

• 4 weeks later...

Schedule so far:

14 jun - 19 jun Scotland

With our whisky club we're visiting Glendronach, Glen Garioc, Royal Lochnagar, Fettercairn, Glencadam, Edradour, Blair Athol and probably a few others.

20 jun - 27 jun Croatia

The Mrs. and I are flying on Zagreb. We plan to visit Plitvice lakes, Dubrovnik, Pag, Split , Zadar, Krka and some other national parks.

22 aug - 29 aug Slovakia

Again with the Mrs we plan to go camping in the High Tartas. On the way there we plan to visit Auschwitz and spend the night in Krakau. After that we're off to the Tartas. And the last night we want to spend in Bratislava and visit oldschool mygnr member Sekh Met.

If there's any time and money left we want to go somewhere in October as well. The options include Malta, Cyprus, Greece or New York.

Hopefully Sweden in a few weeks, unless the weather is really, really bad. Then we'll book a last-minute to wherever the sun is shining :)

Looks like I'm heading to Portugal with my boys in July.

I love Portugal. Where are you going?

• Like 1