Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig Cast in New Ghostbusters

Dazey

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Great vid lol. There's so many remakes/reboots out there, and yet this is the one that's got a lot of people riled up. 

There's a bunch of remakes coming up of movies that I love, but unless there's a legitimate moral or social reason to oppose it, then I won't.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, SoniaRose said:

Who the hell do you think you are to tell fans of a movie series how they should feel about it? They have every right to be pissed off. This turd just fucked the relaunch of the whole franchise. 

I'm not telling you how to feel, I'm just telling you that to act like this movie ruins every good thing about the original is ridiculous. You're not being forced to watch the new one, your life hasn't been affected by it, the original hasn't been affected by it and you need to calm down tbh.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, toroymoi said:

Great vid lol. There's so many remakes/reboots out there, and yet this is the one that's got a lot of people riled up. 

There's a bunch of remakes coming up of movies that I love, but unless there's a legitimate moral or social reason to oppose it, then I won't.

Your post reminded me of the part where he's like "THAT'S NOT HOW MEMORIES WORK!" :lol:

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Your post reminded me of the part where he's like "THAT'S NOT HOW MEMORIES WORK!" :lol:

We're clearly connected on that front. Yet even when put in to 5 simple words it's still too much for some people to grasp lol.

I went Saturday, opening weekend and saw it in 3D. I took my 5 year old son who has been a Ghostbusters fanatic for over 2 years now. That boy has got so much Ghost swag it's ridiculous lol.. He dressed in his GB costume, complete with proton pack and PKE meter. He loved it. 

I wasn't sure about the cast when I first heard about the movie, but I have to say that I found it to be pretty damned funny actually. Kate McKinnon's character Jillian, was so funny. She was drop dead hilarious! It seemed like the ending left the possibility open for another round with the current cast. So, I guess we'll see. I'm looking forward to buying it on DVD. 

My boy Joseph at the theater. 

13726849_1187347434629103_8007722564147410786_n.jpg

13775860_1187347384629108_8250946919098854477_n.jpg

13731618_1187347314629115_7373572632063119254_n.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tiffani said:

I went Saturday, opening weekend and saw it in 3D. I took my 5 year old son who has been a Ghostbusters fanatic for over 2 years now. That boy has got so much Ghost swag it's ridiculous lol.. He dressed in his GB costume, complete with proton pack and PKE meter. He loved it. 

I wasn't sure about the cast when I first heard about the movie, but I have to say that I found it to be pretty damned funny actually. Kate McKinnon's character Jillian, was so funny. She was drop dead hilarious! It seemed like the ending left the possibility open for another round with the current cast. So, I guess we'll see. I'm looking forward to buying it on DVD. 

Awesome!!  :headbang:

Your son is gorgeous!

Reboots and remakes DO indeed fuck up movie series though. Another one I am passionate about is A Nightmare on Elm Street (Yes there have been other remakes that have pissed me off other than this one). Yes that remake is also a pile of dog Shit. Its the only Freddy movie I have never owned, and never will. But that movie has essentially succeeded in killing off freddy. A new film MIGHT get made, but the series is in complete disaray ever since they moved on from Robert Englund. 

Has this Ghostbusters killed my memory of the original? No, neither has the nightmare remake. But THEY have essentially killed very successful franchises. Its not about "ruining my childhood" and that's a pretty stupid thing supporters of this film keep going to. Its about fucking up popular film franchises, and yes that does bother me. Which everybody is, if it's a film or franchise YOU love. But if you dont, you don't care, I don't get why people don't understand this.

This movie is equivilant to a DJ Ashba written Guns n roses album, and you all are supporting it. Well good for you, I hope you enjoy it. But excuse me if I still say it's dog Shit. 

Not to mention it's dropping like a rock at the box office, and is very much flopping. I bet it will be pretty much dead a month from now.  So clearly people are not excited about it. 

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Reboots and remakes DO indeed fuck up movie series though. Another one I am passionate about is A Nightmare on Elm Street (Yes there have been other remakes that have pissed me off other than this one). Yes that remake is also a pile of dog Shit. Its the only Freddy movie I have never owned, and never will. But that movie has essentially succeeded in killing off freddy. A new film MIGHT get made, but the series is in complete disaray ever since they moved on from Robert Englund. 

Has this Ghostbusters killed my memory of the original? No, neither has the nightmare remake. But THEY have essentially killed very successful franchises. Its not about "ruining my childhood" and that's a pretty stupid thing supporters of this film keep going to. Its about fucking up popular film franchises, and yes that does bother me. Which everybody is, if it's a film or franchise YOU love. But if you dont, you don't care, I don't get why people don't understand this.

This movie is equivilant to a DJ Ashba written Guns n roses album, and you all are supporting it. Well good for you, I hope you enjoy it. But excuse me if I still say it's dog Shit. 

Not to mention it's dropping like a rock at the box office, and is very much flopping. I bet it will be pretty much dead a month from now.  So clearly people are not excited about it. 

don't even get me started about the nightmare on elm street reboot, my god what a pile of shit that was.

ghostbusters down nearly 60% on monday, ticked up tuesday, sitting at 92 million domestic/128 million world wide. sony gets about half of the domestic gross and i read around 30% of foreign(which GB 2016 is not fairing too well) take. they have a long way to go for any kind of profit.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tiffani said:

Ghosts do not stand a chance.

• Like 1

ouch... rb41Prm.png

Bwd8jKv.png

someone on twitter who apparently is in the know when it comes to the box office and all that said sony is looking at a loss of 150 million with this movie. that wasn't including the money given to murray and aykroyd for the rights.

Edited by bran

13 hours ago, bran said:

ouch... someone on twitter who apparently is in the know when it comes to the box office and all that said sony is looking at a loss of 150 million with this movie. that wasn't including the money given to murray and aykroyd for the rights.

You can bet that the hefty marketing campaign that was hastely set up once the trailers burned on the net cost Sony a ton as well. No way they will break even on this movie, the only minor saving grace is that the ghostbusters franchise has been revived sort of. I truly hope this version is dead and they will not revive it with a terrible sequel. Two things that cost them this movie; banking on a rom-com female cast to wow a pre-dominantly male fanbase and making the movie too political which has never been what Ghostbusters is about. I'm actually glad the magic that Murray, Ackroyd and Ramis created can't just be rebottled and sold as a 100 million dollar effects SNL episode of the week. There is nothing more sattisfying than seeing these cash grab franchise reboots burn at the box office, I can't wait for an all black Goonies remake.  

• Like 2

This is what happens when you make a movie that your fan base does not support. You can't shit all over your fan base and expect a lot of support. The whole Chinese Democracy saga is proof of this. 

The damage of the remake has already been done, so I guess it's time to reboot it again. Next time, have a mixed gender cast and leave the political agendas out of it. The expectations for a Ghostbusters movie has been severely lowered due to this film, so trying to one up the original is out of the question. Just make a movie that doesn't suck, and people will be more accepting of it.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2016 at 9:46 AM, Iron MikeyJ said:

This is what happens when you make a movie that your fan base does not support. You can't shit all over your fan base and expect a lot of support. The whole Chinese Democracy saga is proof of this. 

The damage of the remake has already been done, so I guess it's time to reboot it again. Next time, have a mixed gender cast and leave the political agendas out of it. The expectations for a Ghostbusters movie has been severely lowered due to this film, so trying to one up the original is out of the question. Just make a movie that doesn't suck, and people will be more accepting of it.

it also shows what happens when you put so much faith into sjw's to actually show up and do something, instead of sitting on their asses and whining on the internet.

Te8mspc.png

worldwide gross is 155 million, so it still hasn't hit its budget :lol:

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Crickey, The BFG is a bit of a flop.

I'd only see it out of nostalgia for the cartoon version, but the trailer didn't do much for me. Spielberg adapting a childhood favorite is not a sure bet, especially after the rather mediocre Tintin. But yeah, that result is brutal, it's a story that deserves to be seen by lots of children as opposed to a lot of the crap they'll problaby watch instead.

• 1 month later...

So well I thought to Watch, it is a piece of Crap, no where near the original one.

All of them were trying so hard to be funny, but they were not funny at all, they were just irritating and annoying. 

It was nice to see Bill Murrary and Ernie Hudson and even Ozzy.

Thor's roll is good enough, I thought it would be just a small one, but he had a good screen time. 

Over all the movie is bullshit, I was never a hardcore fan of the original Ghostbusters, but that movie was at least entertaining. 

I would give this 4/10 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2016 at 1:50 PM, Oldest Goat said:

@Tiffani Your son is really cute and that's lovely that you guys enjoy Ghostbusters together so much! :headbang:

That being said though, this reboot is absolute rehash-trash. I think if they make another movie they should kill off this cast and maybe turn them into the villains. Maybe they are astral beings who manifested themselves in our world to try and trick humanity into believing they were our saviors so they could replace the REAL Ghostbusters and not be stopped when they carry out their ultimate plan...dun, dun, dun. That's off the top of my head and probably cliche and it's still better than this movie.

P.S. I cannot believe ANYONE finds Melissa McCarthy funny. I mean, holy fuck. She has literally never made me laugh once. Bridesmaids made me want to kill myself.

Thank you! Yes, we really enjoyed the movie. I dunno, I thought it was entertaining...not as much as the original 2 movies, however. I would watch another movie with the latest cast if made and released.

I'm finally bored enough to watch this. But after hearing a fart joke turn into a queef joke within the first 15 minutes, I'm questioning this decision. As well as most of my life. 

Edit 1 hour in: This shit absolutely redefines terrible. 

Edit: stopped watching. At some point it just goes from bad to incredibly annoying. It's weird how just about every character manages to annoy me. 

Edited by username
  • Like 2