Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig Cast in New Ghostbusters

Dazey

Yes the originals are still there, and nothing can deminish them, especially the first film. But this film is the equivilant of us gnr fans getting an Ashba written guns album. Something so shitty that it just tarnished the legacy beyond repair. Some might say CD already did that, but I'm saying an Ashba album would have taken it like 5 steps further, even the most hardcore of us fans would have trouble supporting that turd. Well thats how I feel about ghostbusters. I don't want it to die like this, it hurts me, it really does. I don't take any joy in the fact that this movie sucks. I do feel vindicated for my feelings, yes. But that's not happiness.

13 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Yes the originals are still there, and nothing can deminish them, especially the first film. But this film is the equivilant of us gnr fans getting an Ashba written guns album. Something so shitty that it just tarnished the legacy beyond repair. Some might say CD already did that, but I'm saying an Ashba album would have taken it like 5 steps further, even the most hardcore of us fans would have trouble supporting that turd. Well thats how I feel about ghostbusters. I don't want it to die like this, it hurts me, it really does. I don't take any joy in the fact that this movie sucks. I do feel vindicated for my feelings, yes. But that's not happiness.

I'm sorry man :/

• Like 1

For some context one of the reviewers gave this a 91/100.... he gave the hunger games a 100/100

Another reviewer who gave this movie a glowing review....his recently deceased wife worked on the movie.

Then of course the sjw reviews about how misogynist men are .

RT top critics have this at 46%

http://archive.is/fctV4#selection-1229.0-1245.57

" If this is the Batman Begins for these ghostbusters, the next one can be their Dark Knight. Poor Paul Feig, I keep putting so much pressure on him."  :rofl-lol:

"i'm having a dilemma about a review I have to write today.
It's not for a 'MAJOR' site but it does get published to RottenTomatoes and count towards the overall score.
I disliked the...media...but did like what it stood for. There's a backlash about the 'politics' of the media, and that backlash is something I would like to fight against.
I just feel caught in the middle of delivering honest opinions about what I saw, and true to my overall thoughts about what believe."(this was from the av club)

some of the reviewers and what they said in the past.....

RQu6Tiz.jpg

deleted post from r/movies. totally legit and no agenda here, absolutely no astroturfing....we promise :lol:

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

If the funniest parts of the movie are in the previews... it will be absolutely a shit movie haha.  Honestly I don't get what the point of rebooting it with a female cast is.  First off, we have too many sequels and remakes as it is, and secondly, wouldn't it be more of a feminist statement if they didn't have to piggyback on a movie that was made with guys that were leads and instead could just make their own original plots for their films?  Like to me this movie has the potential to fail both from a political point of view and from a good movie point of view

But then again I am just going by the trailers

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

My thoughts on this are "Well.....I sat through the Independence Day sequel..."

My wife loves going to the movies enough that we'll probably see this at some point this week. Best case scenario, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Worst case, I'll just watch the original again afterwards.

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My thoughts on this are "Well.....I sat through the Independence Day sequel..."

My wife loves going to the movies enough that we'll probably see this at some point this week. Best case scenario, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Worst case, I'll just watch the original again afterwards.

I'm watching the original now, it's on Sky movies with Ghostbusters 2 straight after, my 3year old little boy is loving it lol. I might regret watching them just before we go to see the new on :D 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I'm watching the original now, it's on Sky movies with Ghostbusters 2 straight after, my 3year old little boy is loving it lol. I might regret watching them just before we go to see the new on :D 

My son is 10 and got WAY into Ghostbusters about 2 years ago. We were watching the blu-ray together one night and when it was over I said "You wanna watch the second one?". His face lit up and he said "THERE'S A SECOND ONE?!" :lol: It was awesome.

• Like 1

I never expected it to be the worst movie ever made, and based on the reviews, it's clearly not that. I did expect it to be some what funny and some what entertaining, which I'm sure it is those things. But having said that, I do feel that the movie is getting overly praised for NOT failing, instead of examined for what it truly is. 

To the supporters of the film, it being ok or average is considered a success. From all if the reviews I've read, it's pretty much in the 3/5 stars type range. Which is about where I figured it would be. But when other films get average ratings, and it's a "it is what it is" type response. But this film getting that type of response is considered a victory, I don't get that. I guess all the negativity has given the film a pass, as long as it's not awful, it's a win. Congrats, it's the participation award of films. 

What makes it even worse is that the reviewers all agree it has some major flaws. It has pacing problems, plot problems, many hit and miss jokes, overt product placement, and some major plot holes. But then they say "it's an important film for women" so it gets extra points. So basically a D+ or C grade film gets bumped up to a B type grade because it's "important". Really? What happened to judging a film based upon it's own merits, instead of having an agenda? Every other film would get bashed for some of these major flaws, but this one gets a pass because it's somewhat funny and "important". 

I haven't seen either Batman v Superman or X-Men Apocalypse yet, but I would bet the farm that they are superior over all films. Yes they have flaws as well, and they got blasted by critics for them. But Ghostbusters has even bigger flaws, yet gets praised. That's some serious biased journalism right there.

If you are wondering what the major plot hole is, it's the trapping of ghosts. They establish in this film, just like in the OG, that you have to trap the ghosts. Yet in the finale they run around just blasting and shooting ghosts, not trapping a single one, but manage to defeat them all. Im not talking about the big baddie either, just your average run of the mill spooks. So they essentially break the rules that they established earlier in the film. That's like needing 1.21 Gigawatts of electricity to power the Delorian in back to the future, saying you need a bolt of lightning, but then saying "hey look we don't need it after all." It's sloppy film making, and it's getting a pass because it's "important." 

• Like 2

Apparently, Chris Hemsworth is the best thing about the movie :lol:

Oh and they portray all male creatures either as stupid or as a villain? Does this happen in the original movie? Women are either stupid or evil? or are women on the original just regular girls in sidekick roles?

SJWs in Brazil is a serious issue and we are getting closer and closer to censorship again, unless you believe women, black people and gays are the greatest thing to happen to this planet. Well, nice and intelligent women kinda are the best thing to ever happen, IMO.

Does the black one really say "Is this a lady thing?" She thinks people don't want to touch her because she's a woman? (barely looks like one though). Ho-ly-fu-ck.

35 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Come on man, seriously how the hell could you like this shit.

I guess this is the first thing we disagree on 

Never been a fan of the original.  I liked it, but to me it's not a masterpiece or some other weird, dumb shit neckbeards are saying.  :shrugs:

I still need to see it to give my opinion, but I'm glad it's getting positive reviews from critics.  Plus, I love Melissa and Kristen.

• Like 1