Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig Cast in New Ghostbusters

Dazey

No boycott will stop this. Big franchises will always attract lots of viewers. Don't see HomeDusters being a box office hit but lots of SJ morons will watch it and force it down everyone's throat.

Looks like SJWs are now a target audience on its own and I can see more and more reboots replacing straight white men with women, homossexuals and black people and specially gay blak women.

Critics will have to be 100% more careful with their reviews, giving them bad reviews will mean they are homophobic, racists etc...

It's kinda like cheating. I can make my own horrible and uninspired movie and won't get bad reviews because a girl/gay/black is the star. What a sad moment to humanity.

Recentyl I watched the new Cloverfield movie with John Goodman. The girl was a strong and likeable character. It was a very original movie with talented people in it IMO. Manbashers is a completely different type of movie, I completely despise Melissa McFatty and find her very unlikeable. "I am fat and I don't care, I'm a badass" - this description of her whole attitude sums it up very well for me. Yuck.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, maynard said:

No boycott will stop this. Big franchises will always attract lots of viewers. Don't see HomeDusters being a box office hit but lots of SJ morons will watch it and force it down everyone's throat.

Looks like SJWs are now a target audience on its own and I can see more and more reboots replacing straight white men with women, homossexuals and black people and specially gay blak women.

Critics will have to be 100% more careful with their reviews, giving them bad reviews will mean they are homophobic, racists etc...

It's kinda like cheating. I can make my own horrible and uninspired movie and won't get bad reviews because a girl/gay/black is the star. What a sad moment to humanity.

Recentyl I watched the new Cloverfield movie with John Goodman. The girl was a strong and likeable character. It was a very original movie with talented people in it IMO. Manbashers is a completely different type of movie, I completely despise Melissa McFatty and find her very unlikeable. "I am fat and I don't care, I'm a badass" - this description of her whole attitude sums it up very well for me. Yuck.

someone finally had the balls to give this a bad rating on metacritic....

richard roeper of the chicago times.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/ghostbusters-reboot-a-horrifying-mess/

"So bad.
“Ghostbusters” is a horror from start to finish, and that’s not me saying it’s legitimately scary.
More like I was horrified by what was transpiring onscreen.

How could so many talented, well-meaning artists, who clearly loved and respected the original, produce such a raggedy-looking, thuddingly unfunny, utterly unnecessary reboot?

For months, controversy has swirled around the new “Ghostbusters” movie. The trailer was reportedly the most hated in YouTube history, for what that’s worth (or not worth), which led to some pundits saying some of that hate was rooted in sexism.

Others said the fact the Leslie Jones character wasn’t a scientist and seemed to have a role that called for her to play into stereotypes smacked of racism.

Of course, people were voicing these opinions without having seen the entire movie. Well, I have seen it — and while I believe the concerns about racial stereotypes were overblown, “Ghostbusters” is one of the worst movies of the year for multiple other reasons, including:
Bad acting.

Uninspired directing, editing, cinematography and music.

Cheesy special effects.

A forgettable villain.

A terrible script."

• Like 1

Actually I've seen very few girls being truly funny on movies/TV. Julia Louis-Dreyfus being my absolute favorite. Never really liked anything by Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, McCarthy, etc. I won't even mention Amy Schuemer(sp?), untalented as fuck, joke stealer, and yet she is seen like the greatest thing to ever happen to comedy.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, maynard said:

Actually I've seen very few girls being truly funny on movies/TV. Julia Louis-Dreyfus being my absolute favorite. Never really liked anything by Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, McCarthy, etc. I won't even mention Amy Schuemer(sp?), untalented as fuck, joke stealer, and yet she is seen like the greatest thing to ever happen to comedy.

Love her or hate her, the TV show Roseanne was very funny. Not all of it was because of her, but she does deserve the most credit imo.

4 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Love her or hate her, the TV show Roseanne was very funny. Not all of it was because of her, but she does deserve the most credit imo.

No it wasn't, it was fucking dreadful :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

I can vaguely remember watching Roseanne when I was around 7 or 8 years old. Like Married with Children, when I watch it today it seems so bad.

I also don't regard Roseanne as a strong female comic but rather a strong personality. I like it when she's invited on shows to give her "outsider" opinion when she's not high from the "meds".

Edited by Bumblefeet

Funny how predictable most reactions are to the reviews that are coming out: "bought off, agenda, bullshit, etc."  Hey, ever think that maybe it's actually a decent flick?  Seems like many on here are so married to their original prognosis of the movie that they any positive reviews can't be taken seriously.  

I liked the first movie, thought the second was an absolute dumpster fire, and never understood how a franchise like Ghostbusters deserves to be put on a pedestal, as if there's some form of lauded integrity that needs to be protected.  It's a film about grown people chasing after ghosts, not Gandi! 

As the narrator in the honest trailers for Ghostbusters 2 alluded to (posted above), how does this ruin the franchise but everything that came after the first movie did not?  

Read this review in Canada's national newspaper that seemed to hit the nail on the head, particularly this point:

"Why so many (mostly male) fans of the original series decided to take up arms against this reboot in the first place is a mystery. Well, maybe not so much a mystery as just a dispiriting reminder that misogyny is alive and well on the Internet, where it can metastasize to gross extremes with zero justification. And for anyone eager to stand atop a pedestal to righteously proclaim that objections to a new Ghostbusters simply stem from a frustration with Hollywood exploiting adolescent nostalgia, well, where are all the virulent Internet campaigns against, say, the new Ninja Turtlesseries? Or the upcoming remake of Pete’s Dragon? Or the continued desecration of the Transformers franchise (if such a thing was ever in a state where it could actually be desecrated)?

No, it is easy to see what the Ghostbusters furor is really about: angry, bored, women-hating men expending otherwise untapped energy mining their own feelings of social inadequacy in a toxic bid for attention. If Sony and the Ivan Reitman brain trust had somehow convinced Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and the ghost of Harold Ramis to headline a new, straight-up Ghostbusters sequel, surely few of the Internet cupcakes would object. Just, you know, keep women out of the picture."

Not sure if I'll see it in theatres as I don't have much time to go to the theatres these days, but will definitely check it out now that the reviews are sounding largely positioning.  I may like it, I may not, but at the very least I'm not making my mind up well beforehand because they have women in the lead roles.   Not saying you have to like this movie, but how about actually seeing the damn thing before people make up their minds?

I think misogyny is one of the key factors. For my part it is that fans of the first movie have been teased about a second for 30 years until Harold Ramis died, THEN they decided to reboot it. Then Bill Murray decides to make a cameo. So that is why I don't care to see it. 

27 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I think misogyny is one of the key factors. For my part it is that fans of the first movie have been teased about a second for 30 years until Harold Ramis died, THEN they decided to reboot it. Then Bill Murray decides to make a cameo. So that is why I don't care to see it. 

Well, how serious was that teasing?  Did anyone really believe that a bunch of senior citizens (even before Ramis died) would dawn the uniforms again?  Plus according to Murray, the script he was presented with by Ackroyd and co. was pretty terrible.  It kind of makes sense that the series is being rebooted now following the passing of Ramis.  

Perhaps those are your own reasons, but most of the objections on here and elsewhere on the web stem from the fact that the film cast four females as the lead characters.  To say the Ghostbusters is a sacred cow and shouldn't be touched is absurd.  As the reviewer in the Globe and Mail review stated, where was the outrage with all the other reboots of 80s franchises?  I don't think not liking the film once having seen it is being indicative of someone being a misogynist (unless of course it stems from the cast being female), but I do think some self-introspection is required if you've already made your mind up before even seeing it.  

5 minutes ago, downzy said:

Well, how serious was that teasing?  Did anyone really believe that a bunch of senior citizens (even before Ramis died) would dawn the uniforms again?  Plus according to Murray, the script he was presented with by Ackroyd and co. was pretty terrible.  It kind of makes sense that the series is being rebooted now following the passing of Ramis.  

Perhaps those are your own reasons, but most of the objections on here and elsewhere on the web stem from the fact that the film cast four females as the lead characters.  To say the Ghostbusters is a sacred cow and shouldn't be touched is absurd.  As the reviewer in the Globe and Mail review stated, where was the outrage with all the other reboots of 80s franchises?  I don't think not liking the film once having seen it is being indicative of someone being a misogynist (unless of course it stems from the cast being female), but I do think some self-introspection is required if you've already made your mind up before even seeing it.  

I think I have criticised every single reboot (I have bothered to comment on) here, irrespective of their gender selection. I'm pretty well known for hating reboots here haha (hence a few run ins with Apollo). See the Star Trek thread.

In my opinion, the originals of any great film franchise should be left alone.

The female thing is obviously trying too hard to appeal to the political correct lobby, but it certainly would have stunk with males in the role also.

• Like 1