Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig Cast in New Ghostbusters

Dazey

Big fan of McCarthy, especially when she's on SNL. Probably the best host the show has had in the past twenty years. She kills is almost every skit.

Tammy was a bit of let down. Felt a little undercooked.

Identity Thief was decent; McCarthy dancing in the car with Bateman playing his tried-but-true straight man routine worked well. Not funny throughout, but worth watching once.

For me, McCarthy was really thing only funny actor/character in Bridesmaids. With the exception of the diarrhea scene, the other characters annoyed me half to death. McCarthy's character saved the movie for me.

Loved Heat, even though I didn't expect to. Not a huge Sandra Bullock fan. But her character was such an easy mark for McCarthy in that movie that it really worked well.

I really wanted to like Spy, but just felt it was short on jokes. The only time the movie made me laugh was when McCarthy's character resorted to being an asshole. Maybe I need to see it again, but it didn't work for me when I saw it in theatres a few weeks ago.

Didn't know she was in Go, I've seen that movie countless times. Guess I'll have to give it a re-watch.

Big fan of McCarthy, especially when she's on SNL. Probably the best host the show has had in the past twenty years. She kills is almost every skit.

Tammy was a bit of let down. Felt a little undercooked.

Identity Thief was decent; McCarthy dancing in the car with Bateman playing his tried-but-true straight man routine worked well. Not funny throughout, but worth watching once.

For me, McCarthy was really thing only funny actor/character in Bridesmaids. With the exception of the diarrhea scene, the other characters annoyed me half to death. McCarthy's character saved the movie for me.

Loved Heat, even though I didn't expect to. Not a huge Sandra Bullock fan. But her character was such an easy mark for McCarthy in that movie that it really worked well.

I really wanted to like Spy, but just felt it was short on jokes. The only time the movie made me laugh was when McCarthy's character resorted to being an asshole. Maybe I need to see it again, but it didn't work for me when I saw it in theatres a few weeks ago.

Didn't know she was in Go, I've seen that movie countless times. Guess I'll have to give it a re-watch.

Go with Timothy Olyphant?

I might be wrong, but I saw that as an intentional choice. Her character wanted to be an actress but wasn't necessarily talented. She was as awful as everyone else in Twilight, and without materiel she's invested in, she sleepwalks, no doubt.

While I never considered that, it still wouldn't explain why she sucked for the rest of the movie when she wasn't trying 'act', by just standing there or playing with her hair. Even in the final scene she was just 'there', when she was supposed to show those feelings she never had. I know her character was to portray a girl who just kind of isolated from her family to do her own thing, but it didn't convince me. Like I said, for me she's a hit or miss, and I don't consider her a bad actress.

Spy has leaked, but with hardcoded Korean subs. Not sure what to do. :(

There's one of 16GB, download that and ignore the subtitles. You really need to watch more foreign movies, I'm too used to subtitles I even watch Spanish movies with English subs. :lol:

Really? I remember watching Bridesmaids when it came out and just thinking it was 'decent', but I remember not paying too much attention. Then I re-watched it 3 years later with my girlfriend and seriously, I couldn't stop laughing. Everything was hilarious, from start to finish. Kristen Wiig was marvelous. Even the bride's father was hilarious and he only had a small dialogue. The best thing about McCarthy's performance is her improvisation. The whole thing about having a sexual encounter with the dolphin was hers.

Same here, simply loved it. Have you seen the extras? If not, you should. There are so many deleted scenes that will make you laugh really hard.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Spy was a big letdown for me. I will watch it again tonight, so maybe my opinion will change.

I understand why they went with the car that they did, but here is them mistake, 50's and 60's make cars are widely considered the peak of automobile style. Every vehicle made from about 1950-1974 or so are just plain praised for their iconic looks. The 80's on the other hand is widely considered the worst of not only style but performance as well. Look I like some cars from the 80's, but for the most part they are not a patch on their 70s and even 90s counterparts.

So back to this new ecto 1, the look is very gneneric and unappealing to the eye. As opposed to the original, which was absolutely iconic. Let me ask you this, will anybody really give a Shit about this car in 20 years? No. Why? Because it is ugly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they didn't go with the original car, I would have been even more outraged by that. But to go with this... Its like remaking back to the future and making the delorian a chevete. It just doesn't have any style to it.

If it were me, I would have gone with a mini van. It would give new meaning to woman driving a minivan, lol. That wouldn't have been very eye appealing either, but it would have made sense and allowed for jokes and what not.

This is just another example of how this movie is going to be like 99% of all remakes, just like the original but not as good.

Is the original even that good to begin with? Never watched it and even though I have a mancrush for Billy Murray I don't think I ever will.

What's wrong with you?

I'm all about giving this movie a chance, but the old car is way better.

257109442_c4fc5cd1e2.jpg

• Like 1

That is a all time classic movie vehicle right there. The Batmobile, the delorian, Ecto 1, General Lee, Kit, and the Scooby Doo van are all untouchable vehicles.

This new ecto 1 is a massive turd and unworthy of the name. Anyone that disagrees obviously doesn't know a damn thing about automobiles...

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Is the original even that good to begin with? Never watched it and even though I have a mancrush for Billy Murray I don't think I ever will.

Not really. I think it gets praising because it's an old movie that became a classic. I saw it, like, 5 years ago and thought it was alright but nothing spectacular. To be honest, I was disappointed because I thought it was going to be great. People are holding onto the movie as the best ever because it reminds them of their childhood or some shit. I think back then was a big deal. It is - by no means - a great movie, let alone a masterpiece.

I might have that opinion because I watched it 'too late'. Old school fans would say otherwise. You should watch it when you are free.

This new ecto 1 is a massive turd and unworthy of the name. Anyone that disagrees obviously doesn't know a damn thing about automobiles...

Trust me, I know more about automobiles than you. That doesn't mean I need to love the old car and think the new one is shit. Sorry to burst your bubble, but opinions do not work like that.

If you knew a damn thing about cars, then you would not of said what you just said...

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY would take an 84' Cadillac over a 59'.

Oh btw, I happen to live in the very state that these cars all came off the assembly line from. I have actually been to the cities of Pontiac, Cadillac, and my home town is where Buick originated. Not to mention Detroit "motor city" is about an hour's drive from my house. Where are you from May I ask? Since you seem to know so much about automobiles and all...

Also the value of each car aside, if you put 2 cherry mint conditioned 59' and 84' caddy's side by side, the 84' will get some looks. But the 59' would win any car show, hands down.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

If you knew a damn thing about cars, then you would not of said what you just said...

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY would take an 84' Cadillac over a 59'.

So, it's a matter of what car would you take? :lol: What kind of mentality is that? I said it looked better than the old one. Not the car itself, but the customization for the movie.

• Like 1

Not really. I think it gets praising because it's an old movie that became a classic. I saw it, like, 5 years ago and thought it was alright but nothing spectacular. To be honest, I was disappointed because I thought it was going to be great. People are holding onto the movie as the best ever because it reminds them of their childhood or some shit. I think back then was a big deal. It is - by no means - a great movie, let alone a masterpiece.

I might have that opinion because I watched it 'too late'. Old school fans would say otherwise. You should watch it when you are free.

You just made my enemies list.