Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig Cast in New Ghostbusters

Dazey

Is the original even that good to begin with? Never watched it and even though I have a mancrush for Billy Murray I don't think I ever will.

Not really. I think it gets praising because it's an old movie that became a classic. I saw it, like, 5 years ago and thought it was alright but nothing spectacular. To be honest, I was disappointed because I thought it was going to be great. People are holding onto the movie as the best ever because it reminds them of their childhood or some shit. I think back then was a big deal. It is - by no means - a great movie, let alone a masterpiece.

I might have that opinion because I watched it 'too late'. Old school fans would say otherwise. You should watch it when you are free.

You just made my enemies list.

Are you sure about this? Ah, that time has finally come.

One looks like 4 disgrunted lesbians and the other looks like 4 homos covered in spunk, not a lot between em really :lol: At least the fellas are smiling, further lending credence to the notion that no woman is ever truly happy without some dick in her life.

• Like 2

One looks like 4 disgrunted lesbians and the other looks like 4 homos covered in spunk, not a lot between em really :lol: At least the fellas are smiling, further lending credence to the notion that no woman is ever truly happy without some dick in her life.

Agreed. ?

Agreed. ?
At least they got Ernie Hudson back eh? :lol:
  • Like 1

Agreed. ?
At least they got Ernie Hudson back eh? :lol:

Lol. What makes me kinda laugh to myself is the main reason why they are using women is to make a point and fly the flag for feminism. But while they are doing that, they still only chose one black woman with 3 white women. If they really wanted to address social issues, shouldn't they have picked 1 white woman, 1 black woman, 1 Hispanic woman, and 1 Asian woman? Wouldn't that be the appropriate thing to do? But of course they only want to do what's right as long as they feel they can still turn a profit. Which makes the entire "cause" even more laughable.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

To keep adding fuel to this fire; what makes it even worse is you know damn well the studio execs sat in a room one day and said "we need to get a black woman for the final spot. She has to be funny, yet willing to have a smaller role, smaller billing, take smaller pay, and have the least amount of lines. We can't get someone like Queen Latifa, she wouldnt accept that. Lets find some relative unkown that will be ok with our terms."

The whole process is just plain laughable. They can fly the flag for one cause, yet be borderline discriminatory on the other hand and nobody bats an eye. Instead the press praises them for their forward thinking attitude. I have addressed this very issue to hardcore fans of this movie, and they get extremely angry and defensive. Also don't you dare point out that having Thor as your Secretary screams sexism as well. They don't want to hear that Shit. Its very much a crowd that only wants to praise the issues this film is addressing, and will get VERY vocal if you point out the issues this film is ignoring it blatantly causing.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

Just going to watch the first movie again.

I am going to call this in right now. This movie will bomb.

Especially when you consider that the budget for this film is like 130million or something outrageous like that. Then when you add the fact that most old ghostbusters fans are boycotting this film, it really makes you wonder if it will even break even. I think they were banking on parents taking their kids to it, and having the kids really take to it like we did as kids. But I have a feeling a lot of parents won't take their kids to it out of principal. They will go for the summer cartoon or whatever next year instead. Also we can't forget that next summer also will have marvel films, Batman vs superman, ninja turtles sequel, independence day sequel, star trek 3, plus animated films. I just have a feeling it's really going to struggle to find an audience next summer. I mean it'll prolly do ok, but nothing like they are hoping.

Just going to watch the first movie again.

Especially when you consider that the budget for this film is like 130million or something outrageous like that. Then when you add the fact that most old ghostbusters fans are boycotting this film, it really makes you wonder if it will even break even. I think they were banking on parents taking their kids to it, and having the kids really take to it like we did as kids. But I have a feeling a lot of parents won't take their kids to it out of principal. They will go for the summer cartoon or whatever next year instead. Also we can't forget that next summer also will have marvel films, Batman vs superman, ninja turtles sequel, independence day sequel, star trek 3, plus animated films. I just have a feeling it's really going to struggle to find an audience next summer. I mean it'll prolly do ok, but nothing like they are hoping.

Hollywood needs to realize that just because a franchise has fans, doesn't mean they will flock to see it. Terminator proved that. Many people loved the first two Terminator films. They can fight all week long which Terminator film was better (Judgement Day obviously) but they are not going to flock to see the next Terminator movie.

Same with Star Trek. Star Trek has a shitload of fans, but most of them didn't bother with the JJ Abrams films. So Ghostbusters? The original cast made those films the classics they are. Three of them are not interested, one has passed and the other retired. The fans have moved on like they have.