Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig Cast in New Ghostbusters

Dazey

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure he is going to be playing some other character, that just shows up for a quick laugh. Thtas what Aykroyd did. I highly doubt it will be as Peter Venkman. Honestly I could really care less, it was Murray that prevented a real GB 3 from happening for 2 decades. I love Bill, and always will, but some of his career choices really don't make any sense. He flat out refused a third GB film for decades, year he did 2 Garfield films. And now this....

• Like 1

I have a feeling that the fate of this movie will be like Fantastic Four.

Even though I haven't seen FF, I don't think it'll be that bad. But the problem is they (sony) are basically going all in with this and the next Spider-Man film. But at least Spider-Man will have Marvels involvement, so that might do good.

But Ghostbusters on the other hand, I just don't think the world is really clamering for ghostbusters anymore, and I say that as a massive fan of the first two films. The budget for this film is outrageous, it's going to have to make Avengers or Dark Knight type money to really be considered a success, and honestly I just don't see that happening. Even though Jurassic World revitalized that franchise and did amazing money, it was at the right place and right time. What I mean by that is that you guys on here in your 20s, you played with Jurassic park toys as kids, they had a massive built in fan base. While Ghostbusters on the other hand, is about 10 to 15 years to late imo. Not only that but they have been dividing the fanbase, many hardcore fans are not going to pay money to see this film. Then when you add this cast to the equation, it's just not creating the kind of excitement that sony needs in order to really make money off this turd. This film will probably break even or even make some money, but not the kind of money that the struggeling sony pictures needs. Hell they are rebooting Spider-Man yet again, even though both ams films made them tons of money, more than Ghostbusters is going to bring in, I bet the farm on that.

If this film was made in the 90s, or early 2000s, and had the original cast playing the roles they made famous, and continuing the story that the first two films created, I would have said it would have been one of the biggest films of that year. But given the time that's passed, the new cast, ignoring the first two films, etc. I just can't see this really doing all that well. It just has the feel of a film that studio execs in some Hollywood office really love, but the general public just isn't really going to be all that excited about. Plus let's not forget that next summer has some HUGE films coming out like Civil War and Batman vs Superman, it's not going to take any money away from those blockbusters, bet your ass on that.

I have a feeling that the fate of this movie will be like Fantastic Four.

Even though I haven't seen FF, I don't think it'll be that bad. But the problem is they (sony) are basically going all in with this and the next Spider-Man film. But at least Spider-Man will have Marvels involvement, so that might do good.

But Ghostbusters on the other hand, I just don't think the world is really clamering for ghostbusters anymore, and I say that as a massive fan of the first two films. The budget for this film is outrageous, it's going to have to make Avengers or Dark Knight type money to really be considered a success, and honestly I just don't see that happening. Even though Jurassic World revitalized that franchise and did amazing money, it was at the right place and right time. What I mean by that is that you guys on here in your 20s, you played with Jurassic park toys as kids, they had a massive built in fan base. While Ghostbusters on the other hand, is about 10 to 15 years to late imo. Not only that but they have been dividing the fanbase, many hardcore fans are not going to pay money to see this film. Then when you add this cast to the equation, it's just not creating the kind of excitement that sony needs in order to really make money off this turd. This film will probably break even or even make some money, but not the kind of money that the struggeling sony pictures needs. Hell they are rebooting Spider-Man yet again, even though both ams films made them tons of money, more than Ghostbusters is going to bring in, I bet the farm on that.

If this film was made in the 90s, or early 2000s, and had the original cast playing the roles they made famous, and continuing the story that the first two films created, I would have said it would have been one of the biggest films of that year. But given the time that's passed, the new cast, ignoring the first two films, etc. I just can't see this really doing all that well. It just has the feel of a film that studio execs in some Hollywood office really love, but the general public just isn't really going to be all that excited about. Plus let's not forget that next summer has some HUGE films coming out like Civil War and Batman vs Superman, it's not going to take any money away from those blockbusters, bet your ass on that.

you mean fox

• 3 months later...