Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig Cast in New Ghostbusters

Dazey

• 1 month later...

No he is not in this movie. I pretty much hate this film with every fiber of my soul and I refuse to spend a single penny to go and watch this shitty director remake a classic film that will be "ok" compared to the original. Why remake a movie if you can't out do the original, and this is impossible to out do the original.

• Like 1

You can't have girl ghostbusters, they're too weak, the ghosts would just have em, the female is inherently more susceptible to the dark side, look at Poltergeist, look at Reagan, the devil infected Carras for 5 seconds and he fought his way out of it with his masculine super sperm dick power, it took Reagan the entire fuckin' film to get rid of him...with a blokes help i might add. All that supernatural shit, hoes can't hang with it, see how Zool fucked Dana?

Look at vampires, they drink virgin girls blood, see, see, am i fuckin' right or what? :lol: Girl Ghostbusters, ugh, by the time the silly bitches manage to parrallel park that fuckin' Ghostbusters car they demons will have taken over the fuckin' planet!

• Like 2

While I realize you said that mostly for shits and giggles Len, I do feel the film is going to littered with ridiculous female centric jokes like that. "Don't cross the streams, we couldn't if we wanted to." the fact they got Thor to play the receptionist in this movie, just shows how ridiculously stupid this movie is going to be. Really Thor is playing the receptionist? I'm all for equal rights and all that, but it has to be realistic as well. How many men are honestly receptionists? Let alone one that's built like a freaking house. If a man is going to be a receptionist, odds are they would be a little dude that plays for the other team.

Which beyond the fact this film is a hard remake (ignoring the first 2 films) my second objection is not that the Ghostbusters are women so much, it's that they are deliberately turning everything up side down just for laughs. Having women be Ghostbusters isn't enough, we need to have all the traditional roles backwards, so let's have Thor be the receptionist. Which shows exactly how moronic this film is going to be.

What made the original film work so well was that they started out in a world that was essentially the real world. Then as each act progresses, you go further down the "rabbit hole" to where it is believable that a 100 ft marshmallow man could actually invade New York. But what made it work was slowly becoming more and more fantasy and less reality.

This new film on the other hand is failing on this reguard, miserably.

• Like 2

I just don't find Melissa McCarthy funny. Is it because she's fat, that she got the job?

Oh and I agree about Thor playing a receptionist, but in all honestly non gay guys do take admin/receptionist jobs. A receptionist/admin job is a bit different from being a secretary.

Edited by AtariLegend

Nice little twist. Being the only guy on the crew and he is the receptionist. I kind of like where this is going.

I just don't find Melissa McCarthy funny. Is it because she's fat, that she got the job?

Oh and I agree about Thor playing a receptionist, but in all honestly non gay guys do take admin/receptionist jobs. A receptionist/admin job is a bit different from being a secretary.

It is easy money. You just have to have a good memory and keep notes.

And yes, people laugh at her, not with her.

If she is not careful she will go the same way like John Candy.

Probably more because she's one of the most dependable box office draws going at the moment (and has an ongoing collaboration with the director). Even Tammy, which was godawful (and made on a relatively low budget) made over $80 mil in the US.

Nice little twist. Being the only guy on the crew and he is the receptionist. I kind of like where this is going.

It is easy money. You just have to have a good memory and keep notes.

And yes, people laugh at her, not with her.

If she is not careful she will go the same way like John Candy.

Spy is a welcome step away from the unpleasant self-loathing shtick that's been her trademark in films. I do think she's a terrific comedic actress, and she's one of the most powerful in Hollywood now. There hasn't been a major female movie star like her, I'm curious to see how her career develops from here.