Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig Cast in New Ghostbusters

Dazey

The original Ghostbusters was one of the best movies of the 80's and of all time.

the original cast was unique and had amazing chemistry.

I honestly can't stand either one of these actresses. Don't know what it is about them, but I find them more annoying than funny.

I think the people in Hollywood better stop re-making movies especially classics like Ghostbusters.

I smell disaster in the making. I hope it flops!

So I've been busy dealing with some things, so I haven't been on here for a few days, but I've finally decided to comment on this autrocity. I could go on and on about how much I hate that its a reboot (which I do), or the fact that its all female cast (which I do as well) but I have instead decided to take this approach...

Sony, the company that is going broke, can't make a decent Spider~Man movie to save their lives when super hero films are HUGE, actually decided to green light The Interview which in turn got them hacked, and actually thinks this film is a good idea. Let's review here, they REBOOTED Spider~Man after 2 massive hits and one slightly sub par film when the series was barely ten years old. But what did they follow it up with? Two very sub par Amazing Spider~Man films. So now they have 2 Spider~Man franchises that are in shambles, so they decided to put all their eggs in this NeoGhostbusters idea. Which will surely result in 2 Ghostbusters franchises that are also in shambles. Honestly I am not suprised, yes I am completly revolted by the idea, but I can't do a damn thing about it. I just hope its the final nail that kills Sony, I really do, they fucking deserve it. Sell back Spider~Man to Marvel and let the Ghostbusters die with some sort of dignity, if they have any left after this train wreck.....

I think this will be better than the original version. As long as they don't do this to '90s movie franchises I'm good.

Miser....

Don't you have a date with a rope that you are late for? See comments like this are why people don't like you.....

• Like 1

It should have been original cast, the only thing they have in common is coming from improv and sketch comedy, but saying they want to make it "scarier", I don't know if that's a good idea.

The director made "Bridesmaids" so there probably will be a grossout joke or two in there.

"Reboot fatigue" is an understatement.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2015/01/28/382121455/if-youve-gotta-reboot-ghostbusters-at-least-do-it-with-this-cast

Everybody knows that bitches are afraid of ghosts and completely lack the testicular fortitude needed to bust some ghosts. Especially fat bitches that already know they can't run away so would never even dream of trying. I am boycotting this horseshit for the disgrace it is to scientific fact alone. Fuck this.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

It is another older franchise that Hollywood wants to cash in. I don't think many filmmakers know how to make a good comedy like Ghostbusters was. What made it so funny was the cast. They can be funny without resorting to gross out humor.

I am skipping it.

Agreed.

Honestly Guardians of the Galaxy is the closest film to Ghostbusters that I have ever seen. I'm not saying its as good Ghostbusters, because it is not. But it blends action, sci fi, and comedy like no other film since Ghostbusters IMO.

So I've been busy dealing with some things, so I haven't been on here for a few days, but I've finally decided to comment on this autrocity. I could go on and on about how much I hate that its a reboot (which I do), or the fact that its all female cast (which I do as well) but I have instead decided to take this approach...

Sony, the company that is going broke, can't make a decent Spider~Man movie to save their lives when super hero films are HUGE, actually decided to green light The Interview which in turn got them hacked, and actually thinks this film is a good idea. Let's review here, they REBOOTED Spider~Man after 2 massive hits and one slightly sub par film when the series was barely ten years old. But what did they follow it up with? Two very sub par Amazing Spider~Man films. So now they have 2 Spider~Man franchises that are in shambles, so they decided to put all their eggs in this NeoGhostbusters idea. Which will surely result in 2 Ghostbusters franchises that are also in shambles. Honestly I am not suprised, yes I am completly revolted by the idea, but I can't do a damn thing about it. I just hope its the final nail that kills Sony, I really do, they fucking deserve it. Sell back Spider~Man to Marvel and let the Ghostbusters die with some sort of dignity, if they have any left after this train wreck.....

I think this will be better than the original version. As long as they don't do this to '90s movie franchises I'm good.

Miser....

Don't you have a date with a rope that you are late for? See comments like this are why people don't like you.....

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Wiig can be pretty funny.

But Melissa McCarthy is such a one-trick pony that I'm amazed at how popular she is. I suppose she is the equivalent of the mcdonald's big mac. Just a gross peace of sh*t burger....but cheap and simply enough for the masses to - for whatever reason - enjoy. The first time I saw her I thought she was funny. The second time I went "hhmm, pretty much played the same part as she did in the first movie. The third time - "wow, does she just play the same role in every movie?" and then that last pos where she robbed a fast food store. The previews were just dreadful. Like another poster said - another movie where she makes jokes about how fat she is. I don't get the appeal of an actor who just does the same exact thing in every movie they play in.

I also don't understand why people get so up in arms about remakes or reboots.

If you think one of your favorite movies is going to be ruined - then DONT GO SEE THE REMAKE/REBOOT.

Pretty simple.

I also don't understand how a movie made in 2015 could "ruin" a favorite movie made in the 80s or 90s.

I'm also not like people like Val22 who hopes a movie flops and people lose their jobs over it. Or hopes that something is a disaster simply because we don't like it.

I hope the movie is successful and it provides entertainment and fun for audiences this year.

We need to celebrate and love more than we need to wish hate and failure on people.

Wiig can be pretty funny.

But Melissa McCarthy is such a one-trick pony that I'm amazed at how popular she is. I suppose she is the equivalent of the mcdonald's big mac. Just a gross peace of sh*t burger....but cheap and simply enough for the masses to - for whatever reason - enjoy. The first time I saw her I thought she was funny. The second time I went "hhmm, pretty much played the same part as she did in the first movie. The third time - "wow, does she just play the same role in every movie?" and then that last pos where she robbed a fast food store. The previews were just dreadful. Like another poster said - another movie where she makes jokes about how fat she is. I don't get the appeal of an actor who just does the same exact thing in every movie they play in.

I also don't understand why people get so up in arms about remakes or reboots.

If you think one of your favorite movies is going to be ruined - then DONT GO SEE THE REMAKE/REBOOT.

Pretty simple.

I also don't understand how a movie made in 2015 could "ruin" a favorite movie made in the 80s or 90s.

I'm also not like people like Val22 who hopes a movie flops and people lose their jobs over it. Or hopes that something is a disaster simply because we don't like it.

I hope the movie is successful and it provides entertainment and fun for audiences this year.

We need to celebrate and love more than we need to wish hate and failure on people.

Couldn't agree more about McCarthy.

I agree with your second point as well. Chris Hardwick opened @midnight with a pretty great rant about that last night. I can't find a link right now, but I'll post it when I do.

Found it:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/slq79b/-midnight-this-cast-has-no-d--k---the--ghostbusters--remake

• Like 1

@Apollo,

I never said it would ruin the old movies, but it will ruin the franchise. This film will be the equvialnt to Godfather 3, Jaws 3 and 4, Alien 3 and 4, Indian Jones and the Crystal Skull, etc, etc. I could go on and on about how bad this will be for the franchise. But as I said before, Sony is broke so they are only thinking about quick money. They think because this film has Ghostbusters attached to it that it will make money for them, so they are just whoring it out. Which I can't deny that it might actually give them a return, I mean its possible. But mark my words, Ghostbusters 2 will look like freaking Shakespeare compared to this bastard.... It's not going to be quality.

Miser....

giphy.gif

Best put down ever.

It is another older franchise that Hollywood wants to cash in. I don't think many filmmakers know how to make a good comedy like Ghostbusters was. What made it so funny was the cast. They can be funny without resorting to gross out humor.

I am skipping it.

Agreed.

Honestly Guardians of the Galaxy is the closest film to Ghostbusters that I have ever seen. I'm not saying its as good Ghostbusters, because it is not. But it blends action, sci fi, and comedy like no other film since Ghostbusters IMO.

Have not seen Guardians of the Galaxy but I've heard good things. Anyway, not just the cast but the writing and directing too.

I have not seen Bridesmaids but it looks like a chick comedy. And Melissa McCarthy is popular because she's fat and fat chicks needs someone famous to look up to.

I never said it would ruin the old movies, but it will ruin the franchise.

Ghostbusters 2 ruined the franchise. Shit movie, IMO.

While I agree that GB2 is not on the Empire Strikes Back type of sequel level, but it is not a bad sequel by any stretch of the imagination. Sure you are entilted to your opinion, and I agree that it does have its flaws. But it is also on par with original as far as character interactions and dialogue amoung the actors. The interplay between Murray, Aykroyd, and Ramis is just as good in this film as anything they have done, for that reason alone I'd hardly call it a "bad film that ruined the franchise."

Can a women, any woman on here answer me this question; Why does disliking this movie make me a sexist? I have been discussing this movie with many Ghostbusters fans, and if you are a male and dislike this film, the women automatically call you a sexist. I've tried to explain my point of view, that if it wasn't a reboot and kept the same cast, I would be more understanding. I have even said that if it was a reboot with an all male cast, I'd be just as upset. But those comments fall on deaf ears, its like this new film has become some poster child for feminism. So disliking it automatically makes you the bad guy or enemy. Which I'm all in favor of feminism, but I also have my own opinions. I'm never all or nothing on anything, the world is full of grey, drawing lines in the sand is never a good thing IMO.

Can a women, any woman on here answer me this question; Why does disliking this movie make me a sexist? I have been discussing this movie with many Ghostbusters fans, and if you are a male and dislike this film, the women automatically call you a sexist. I've tried to explain my point of view, that if it wasn't a reboot and kept the same cast, I would be more understanding. I have even said that if it was a reboot with an all male cast, I'd be just as upset. But those comments fall on deaf ears, its like this new film has become some poster child for feminism. So disliking it automatically makes you the bad guy or enemy. Which I'm all in favor of feminism, but I also have my own opinions. I'm never all or nothing on anything, the world is full of grey, drawing lines in the sand is never a good thing IMO.

I'm not a woman, but it doesn't make you sexist. It makes you smart enough to realize that ghostbustin' isn't for scared bitches, fat or otherwise. Don't let any feminazi tell you any different. Back in my home country they have a saying - 'If you don't have the balls to deal with the fear, get your bitchass out of here'.... Actually, I just made that up; but it definitely applies in this scenerio. Fuck this movie!

• Like 1

I'm a woman. It doesn't make you a sexist.

No offense, but saying you dislike a movie before even seeing it is kind of absurd. It's one thing to have low expectations, it's another to actually dislike something you personally have not been exposed to. If you're just taking issue with the reboot on principal, that's one thing. But it's not as if this "series" is exactly sacrosanct as if they're rebooting the Godfather or Casablanca. It's Ghostbusters. The first movie was great, the second was terrible, and there hasn't been a third (and according to Bill Murray, for good reason). It's a fun idea and if they can change things up a bit by having a female cast, why not? It may be terrible, it may be great, but I'm not going to dislike it without seeing the movie first.

Funny how McCarthy and Wiig got all the attention, but I'm pretty pumped that Kate McKinnon has also been cast as a one of the main four. She's one of the few on SNL who makes me laugh.