I Want This to Be My Next Car

downzy

Michael Caine, to me, is something to aspire to. He's working class without embodying the worst aspects of the archetype, he's amazingly handsome without being too pretty and effeminate with it, he's at home conversing with people of all walks of life, he dresses impeccably, he's has good height, he's not fat but he's not skinny either...on top of all of which he's a brilliant actor, you can tell he takes care of himself but not to ridiculous Cristiano Ronaldo levels of vanity. He's a geezer, i like him, always have :)

You should check out his film Alfie :)

Michael Caine, to me, is something to aspire to. He's working class without embodying the worst aspects of the archetype, he's amazingly handsome without being too pretty and effeminate with it, he's at home conversing with people of all walks of life, he dresses impeccably, he's has good height, he's not fat but he's not skinny either...on top of all of which he's a brilliant actor, you can tell he takes care of himself but not to ridiculous Cristiano Ronaldo levels of vanity. He's a geezer, i like him, always have :)

i'll try, thanks. i have seen Alfie with Jude Law though :lol:

it was a long time ago but i think i liked it

i'll try, thanks. i have seen Alfie with Jude Law though :lol:

it was a long time ago but i think i liked it

All the character and unique qualities belong to the first one. Bit of a ridiculous thing to say considering i ain't seen the remake but suffice to say their places in history answer more than a few questions.

Michael Caine, to me, is something to aspire to. He's working class

Is being working class in itself positive?
Why'd you ask? Never thought about it to be honest.

I ask because I am wondering if you think that being working class is in itself better or more honorable, in a way, for lack of better words, than being any other social class. I seem to gleam a certain fondness for the working class from your posts, and perhaps even a disdain or almost animosity for the upper classes, and it just struck me as a good thing to ask about rather than having to wonder about it.

Michael Caine, to me, is something to aspire to. He's working class

Is being working class in itself positive?
Why'd you ask? Never thought about it to be honest.

I ask because I am wondering if you think that being working class is in itself better or more honorable, in a way, for lack of better words, than being any other social class. I seem to gleam a certain fondness for the working class from your posts, and perhaps even a disdain or almost animosity for the upper classes, and it just struck me as a good thing to ask about rather than having to wonder about it.

Got'cha. In answer to your question, do i think it's positive in and of itself? No, of course not. In the specific case of Michael Caine what i was saying was that he was working class without embodying any of the negative archetypes, meaning he wasn't defined by his class, whilst at the same time pointing out that, at that point in history, 1950s England, you didn't really make it in Performing Arts if you were from places like the Elephant and Castle. So, y'know, it was that much harder for Michael Caine to become Michael Caine.

As far as the broader affection for the working class, yeah, I suppose so. I really identify with that stuff, it really gets to me, the storys speak to me more than anything. I guess part of it comes from being working class, a further part of it is coming from a quite a poor background in terms of my folks and part of it comes from being born and living in England, growing up in the era i did it was kind of a default setting y'know, Vote Labour, fuck Thatcher etc etc, all very lazy and pretty ignorant really considering they were just sort of attacks without any real grounding of knowledge about the subject at hand, back then at any rate.

But yeah, those sorts of stories speak volumes to me. I'd like to think that I'm not defined by class but I'd be lying to say i wasn't, I mean what I've just said there 'those sorts of stories speak to me', stories of working class people making it, that kinda says something in and of itself, the idea that 'making it' is defined by where you are in relation to the upper classes, thats sort of the definition of being defined by class, isn't it? It's a shame really and something I consider a failing in me now i think about it.

And yeah, now i think about it, it is coupled with a degree of disdain for the upper class, i consider those people to be the establishment, thats where your oppressors come from, i resent the fact that, because of class, certain people are gifted a better schooling than others, i resent the fact that there are some people that, regardless of aptitude, are sort of born into a life that readies them for the upper echelons of society. But then to allow yourself to be defined against it is the biggest victory you could give it really, isn't it? I probably have a bit of an inferiority complex about it. Quite a big one actually. I think perhaps that somewhere in my particular internal psychological entanglement lies the belief that I am in fact a lesser being than posher richer more upper class people. Just goes to show you the power of indoctrination.

Or perhaps we allow these things to define us, perhaps it's people like me that go on about it so much that end up brainwashing themselves...and then point the finger at all and sundry for it.

• Like 2

I want...

458_italia_rosso_2009_lato_sinistro_0900

To be my next car.

Or...

krkoeap5ceaebzo3exar.jpg

Something tells me I'm not getting something...

100_9178.jpg

ebay378.jpg

So I don't want to import ^ that into the UK.

I want that car^ but do something like;

2.jpg

... Love this btw, but my one would be jet black, though am loving the white wall wheels.

Edited by Snake-Pit

• 2 weeks later...

Okay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Caprice-caprice-estate-1983-chevrolet-caprice-classic-wagon-4-door-5-0-l-/111600808274?forcerrptr=true&hash=item19fbed3152&item=111600808274&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

$_57.JPG

1983 Chevrolet Caprice caprice estate 1983 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon 4-Door 5.0L Dolly Parton owned this car, have original purchase
Item condition:
Used

There is surface rust, wood grain needs to be replaced. Carl Dean husband of Dolly Parton purchased

... Read more
Time left:
Time left: 6d 11h Monday, 10:11PM
Current bid:
US $449.00
[ 3 bids ]
Edited by Snake-Pit