I Want This to Be My Next Car

downzy

I'd love a Tesla....could be realistic in a few years, once the technology becomes less expensive to produce and they come down in price some.

There's rumours of a $30-$35k model coming out in the next year or so. However, just read that Tesla loses $4k on every car they sell. You'd think they'd just up the price by $5k. Those who can afford them likely wouldn't bristle at an extra $5k or more.

• Like 1

I'd love a Tesla....could be realistic in a few years, once the technology becomes less expensive to produce and they come down in price some.

Electric cars are for gayboys, i expected better from you of all people, an American, an Italian one at that, how you gonna show your face at family gatherings in an electric car? Repent young man, repent :lol:

You put them in the passenger seat, do 0-60 in 3 seconds and that settles it.

Fuck off, there's an electric car that does 0 to 60 in 3 secs?!? Really?!?

Yup.

And they plan on building cross country charging stations...with free lifetime charges for the original owners.

Basically, you will be able to drive from New York to Los Angeles and leave your wallet at home.

Damn...still though, i expect certain things from you as an American Italian, a cool haircut, cool suits, foul language and a very loud 5 litre engine of some sort on the driveway :lol:

3/5 spot on...I've cut down on the foul language over the years though...lol...I've always been a technology guy when it comes to cars though...I'd soon as take a 3 liter Ferrari over a 6 liter Lamborghini...

You put them in the passenger seat, do 0-60 in 3 seconds and that settles it.

Fuck off, there's an electric car that does 0 to 60 in 3 secs?!? Really?!?
Yeah, gets you to Tesco a bit quicker to pick up another 200 AAs innit? :lol:
  • Like 1

steve mcqueen's last car, a 1976 porsche 930 turbo : https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/CA0815-219850/0/1976-Porsche-930-Turbo-Carrera/4-Speed/

it was sold for 2 million $ a couple of days ago

These are the best cars at this year Pebble Beach edition (price over 10 million $). 5 out of 7 are Ferraris:

14392055111953.jpg

Ferrari 250 SWB Berlinetta Competizione

the yellow one was sold for 16 million $ : http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-pebble-beach-2015-monterey-auctions-20150815-story.html Edited by supercool

• 1 month later...

I've just driven 80 miles with zero tailpipe emissions, and zero fuel use. I don't want an electric car, I NEED an electric car!

Explain that to me again?

Electric power equals no emissions from the exhaust, only during the build. Therefore I did 80 miles for about £1.60

The car also charges the battery when slowing or going downhill, so free eergy recovery.

6505589.jpg

6505591.jpg

Can't say I'm digging the interior

6505597.jpg

6505599.jpg

11,000 miles from new
1 previous keeper (of 33 years)
Un-restored ‘new’ condition
Original purchase invoice
Fantastic interior
Superb underside condition
Completely original
Original tyres
Original guarantee card
Stored in a Carcoon

£10, 000

Triumph

6505595.jpg

TR7

6505593.jpg

Edited by Snake-Pit

• 3 weeks later...

the TR7is a shit car, 70's80's british motoring at its finest.

I actually saw that make & model as the one I posted parked near The British Museum at 1am as I was walking along to catch my bus which is on diversion atm.

Correct badges and shape and everything, parked in London... I stopped, quickly checked it out as I had recognised it from the photograph and... walked on.

I have yet laid eyes on that gold plated Ferrari but I do see them around not gold plated.

Edited by Snake-Pit

• 2 months later...

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/114315623/peugeot-305-1987-rare-car.html

Details Advertiser Type Private Price: £500 Updated: Yesterday Make: peugeot Model: 305 gr estate Era: 1980s Engine Size: 1600 cc Fuel: Petrol Gearbox: Manual Body Type: Estate Doors: 5 Colour: blue Mileage: 225000 miles Registration Number:

Description

very rare peugeot 305 estate mot until 24th august 2016 no advisory.
I have owned this car since 1989 and has been a good workhorse taking me everywhere, I am selling as my wife passed away last march and I have lost enthusiasm in renovation as we bought the car together. it has 225,000 miles on the clock and still runs ok I have regularly serviced and fitted new cambelts myself new cluch fitted last year. the car is sound but needs bodywork repair and respray. it is a good old classic as not many left I was going to repair and respray to take to classic car shows but have lost interest since my wife passed away.
good car for someone interested in older car restoration as I say runs and drives ok just bodywork needs attention.

23954118-275-160x120.jpg23954117-275-160x120.jpg23954119-275-160x120.jpg

Paint this thing silver, make it look like a car I knew as a child and remember liking because the seats were real comfy.

Downside:

These cars USED to be big, but here's one parked next to a Ford Focus

10384242344_37c1789ef5_m.jpg

But for £500, where can I go wrong?

Edited by Snake-Pit