[FALSE] Axl joining Slash's brazilian tour.

Couple of sources on the Van Halen/GNR tour, which I remember first from the forums back in '09:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/958191/axl-rose-slams-irving-azoff-in-5-million-countersuit

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/may/20/axl-rose-chinese-democracy

Are you really willing to believe some average Joe forum admin's "source"? Even if it were a legitimate source, why doesn't that source come out and confirm this to be false? Or do they want to keep it under wraps as much as possible and downplay this rumor? Unless it comes out of Axl's mouth, I wouldn't believe anything, buddy.

And what makes the reunion sources any more reliable?

I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but I'm saying that either way I doubt Axl would ever comment on it. There's no talk of this outside the forums and Mitch Lafon's Twiiter feed. You do a Google News search and you get a bunch of articles with headlines like "Axl Rose would never reunite classic Guns N' Roses lineup for money" based on the recent Fortus interview.

My apologies. I remember the Azoff thing now. Seemed like the Van Halen/Guns rumor was only speculation based on the Azoff debacle, which only came to light at the same time it was effectively debunked by articles like this. That was many beers ago... and in my opinion wasn't a rumor that had any type of real signs hyping it up. Basically, it got swept under the carpet real fast.

What makes the reunion sources any more reliable in this situation? Lots of signs. The thawing of ice with Duff and Axl. Duff playing with Axl extensively last year (even playing CD songs and plenty of full shows with GNR). Duff's relationship with Slash and the rest of the guys. The Axl/Slash rift needed a go-between guy, and that is most certainly Duff at this point. I'm sure Duff's had conversations with all parties about burying the hatchet.

Even that wasn't enough for me though. But then all of a sudden Slash is wishing Axl happy birthday on twitter. GNR's twitter and FB pages are referencing the old band and, seemingly in what can't possibly be a huge coincidence, referencing Argentina.... where said 'reunion' will take place.

Anyone claiming to have a 'source' that says the rumors are false, or even true for that matter, is full of BS as far as I'm concerned. Or they're being misled in an effort to keep this under wraps as much as possible. Bottom line, everyone surrounding Guns, current and former members and management, are aware of this rumor and have been for some time now. And not a SINGLE ONE has publicly put the rumor to rest or made an official statement on the matter. If it were false, it takes all but 10 seconds to go on twitter and say so.

And why not do that? Especially since Axl apparently hates Slash so much. THAT's what's suspicious to me. Why hasn't Slash even commented on it and put this to rest? Or Duff? And the fact that it's not popping up in any Google search is EXACTLY what they probably want if it's to be a low-key thing. They don't want that club to get mobbed or some riot to break out. If it were to be publicized, they'd probably have to not do it to avoid such a situation. All the more reason why they would downplay it to any forum admins.

Look, I'm not holding my breath. There are a lot of other important things in life to focus on. I'm not saying it's going to happen. If it doesn't, I'm not going to be surprised. But if it does, I'm not going to be surprised either. And it certainly won't make me hope for a full-blown reunion or new album from a classic GNR lineup. Just because two guys get together and jam once or a few times doesn't mean there's going to be a full-fledged reunion. Look no further than Gilmour/Waters (Floyd) or Zeppelin.

What's really fucked up is, there are some crazy ass fans who may be booking intercontinental flights, spending all of their savings, to be at this show because of this rumor... jeopardizing a lot of their livelihood and even personal safety to be a part of some little GNR reunion that may not even happen.

If it's false, someone from one of the camps should come out and publicly state it's not happening to save some people a lot of headache and money. This isn't just some joke rumor, it should be squashed. And until someone surrounding the potential reunion in Argentina this weeks comes out and officially says it's not happening, I'm not so convinced that it won't. They should have some respect and regard for their fans and just come out and tell us it's false already before some fan does something really stupid in trying to get there.

• Like 3

One way or the other, people's heads are gonna explode on 03/07/2015.

You mind locking this bullshit thread? It´s been confirmed false! If tomorrow Axl says otherwise on his twitter then we can start a new thread to discuss the one night stand Axl and Slash are going to have.

Who has it been 'confirmed' false by? A forum admin here? With all due respect... lol.

Unless AXL ROSE or GNR management (lol) come out publicly on Twitter or Facebook or wherever and say AXL WILL NOT BE UNITING WITH SLASH THIS WEEK, then anything's possible. I won't be surprised either way. What give this rumor some wings to me is, if this is just a PR stunt to get more folks out to see Slash's show... and if Axl hates Slash so much... why would he let the speculation benefit Slash? By not saying anything about it, denying it, it's only fueling the speculation. Axl certainly knows what's going on and the little frenzy surrounding this. He's probably reading this thread. So why not kill it if it weren't true?

That's perplexing, to say the least.

And, think about it, if Axl agreed to join Slash's band for a few songs... especially with Duff and Gilby on-stage, ala a little GNR reunion, and wanted to keep it low-key just to test the waters, they probably want it to stay under wraps. So even if the admin's here or anywhere else have some kind of connection with TB (lol), they're not going to confirm it's true.

If it's not happening, Axl should put an end to the speculation and post something on Twitter or Facebook. If he doesn't, it's only going to benefit the turnout for Slash's shows... and why would Axl want to do that if his disdain for Slash is so strong?

Thing is 99% of Axl's tweets would be about denying a reunion if he had to respond to every rumour about one.

That's not true. This is the first reunion 'rumor' that has ever gotten any sort of legs to it. There's so many little 'hints' being passed around that it wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened. I beg of you to show me another reunion thread that claims the Axl will be joining Slash. The fact is, Axl hardly tweets about ANYTHING. This rumor has gotten some serious legs to it now and he should address it if it were false.

It's not like him NOT to address something like this.

That's what makes it suspicious.

2012 HOF, Download 2006, just after ChiDem came out (rumours of joint Van Halen/GNR reunion)...

2012 HOF was indeed shot down by Axl. He came out and said he wasn't going to attend, and never had any intentions of doing so. Download 2006 was pure speculation because Axl and Slash were going to be playing the same event. TB shot that rumor down, too. Rumors of a joint Van Halen/GNR reunion is absurd. I've been around these forums since forums for GNR existed and never heard such a rumor. Internet searches pull up nothing and if it was mentioned, it was so ridiculous that nobody paid any attention to it.

Try again.

:lol: Are people unable to read the giant [FALSE] tag in the title of the thread or are they simply incapable of understanding what it means?

Are you really willing to believe some average Joe forum admin's "source"? Even if it were a legitimate source, why doesn't that source come out and confirm this to be false? Or do they want to keep it under wraps as much as possible and downplay this rumor? Unless it comes out of Axl's mouth, I wouldn't believe anything, buddy.

:lol: it was some "Joe forum admin" that started the rumor so yeah, I'll go with the forum admin that is pointing out the obvious instead of the one that is trolling for laughs. And I'm not your buddy, pal.

Wow, "I'm not your buddy, pal." Thanks for clearing that up. I'd use another term if you'd like, sweetie, but the forum police would probably warn me or some crap.

Bottom line is, if this admin's "source" is so legit, presumably someone from TB, it would take less time for TB to go on Twitter and say something along the lines: "Axl Rose has no intention of joining Slash on his upcoming tour".

By not doing that, they're legitimizing rumors and signals that Axl may indeed be joining Slash. Signals like GNR's twitter referencing Argentina this past week. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that's some really odd timing, considering the rumored 'reunion' will happen in Argentina this week.

Why would the Guns camp seemingly promote and fuel this rumor?

Because toots, they realize that it's such a stupid rumor that it doesn't warrant a response of any kind. They can't find it in themselves to believe that someone would be gullible enough to believe it.

Couple of sources on the Van Halen/GNR tour, which I remember first from the forums back in '09:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/958191/axl-rose-slams-irving-azoff-in-5-million-countersuit

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/may/20/axl-rose-chinese-democracy

And what makes the reunion sources any more reliable?

I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but I'm saying that either way I doubt Axl would ever comment on it. There's no talk of this outside the forums and Mitch Lafon's Twiiter feed. You do a Google News search and you get a bunch of articles with headlines like "Axl Rose would never reunite classic Guns N' Roses lineup for money" based on the recent Fortus interview.

My apologies. I remember the Azoff thing now. Seemed like the Van Halen/Guns rumor was only speculation based on the Azoff debacle, which only came to light at the same time it was effectively debunked by articles like this. That was many beers ago... and in my opinion wasn't a rumor that had any type of real signs hyping it up. Basically, it got swept under the carpet real fast.

What makes the reunion sources any more reliable in this situation? Lots of signs. The thawing of ice with Duff and Axl. Duff playing with Axl extensively last year (even playing CD songs and plenty of full shows with GNR). Duff's relationship with Slash and the rest of the guys. The Axl/Slash rift needed a go-between guy, and that is most certainly Duff at this point. I'm sure Duff's had conversations with all parties about burying the hatchet.

Even that wasn't enough for me though. But then all of a sudden Slash is wishing Axl happy birthday on twitter. GNR's twitter and FB pages are referencing the old band and, seemingly in what can't possibly be a huge coincidence, referencing Argentina.... where said 'reunion' will take place.

Anyone claiming to have a 'source' that says the rumors are false, or even true for that matter, is full of BS as far as I'm concerned. Or they're being misled in an effort to keep this under wraps as much as possible. Bottom line, everyone surrounding Guns, current and former members and management, are aware of this rumor and have been for some time now. And not a SINGLE ONE has publicly put the rumor to rest or made an official statement on the matter. If it were false, it takes all but 10 seconds to go on twitter and say so.

And why not do that? Especially since Axl apparently hates Slash so much. THAT's what's suspicious to me. Why hasn't Slash even commented on it and put this to rest? Or Duff? And the fact that it's not popping up in any Google search is EXACTLY what they probably want if it's to be a low-key thing. They don't want that club to get mobbed or some riot to break out. If it were to be publicized, they'd probably have to not do it to avoid such a situation. All the more reason why they would downplay it to any forum admins.

Look, I'm not holding my breath. There are a lot of other important things in life to focus on. I'm not saying it's going to happen. If it doesn't, I'm not going to be surprised. But if it does, I'm not going to be surprised either. And it certainly won't make me hope for a full-blown reunion or new album from a classic GNR lineup. Just because two guys get together and jam once or a few times doesn't mean there's going to be a full-fledged reunion. Look no further than Gilmour/Waters (Floyd) or Zeppelin.

What's really fucked up is, there are some crazy ass fans who may be booking intercontinental flights, spending all of their savings, to be at this show because of this rumor... jeopardizing a lot of their livelihood and even personal safety to be a part of some little GNR reunion that may not even happen.

If it's false, someone from one of the camps should come out and publicly state it's not happening to save some people a lot of headache and money. This isn't just some joke rumor, it should be squashed. And until someone surrounding the potential reunion in Argentina this weeks comes out and officially says it's not happening, I'm not so convinced that it won't. They should have some respect and regard for their fans and just come out and tell us it's false already before some fan does something really stupid in trying to get there.

Paul is dead too... I know I saw Sgt. Peppers artwork man... I want to believe. x_files___i_want_to_believe_by_ramaelk-d

Why all the posturing about locking the thread? There's really no point in locking any thread anymore, no matter how ridiculous. There's absolutely nothing worthwhile to talk about regarding GNR. We might as well have some fun making shit up. It's a hell of a lot more interesting than the actual lol band.

• Like 1

Slash explained in the interview below what will be happening with Duff and Gilby during the show in Buenos Aires.

Sorry, some of you guys could be disapointed ! ;)

http://www.futuro.cl/2015/03/slash-la-musica-se-ha-vuelto-muy-dependiente-de-la-popularidad/

Yeah, because he's going to reveal to the press that Axl will be there....

<_<

I don't know what to believe... Since being a fan, I've always thought there will never be a reunion the same as I would have never have imagined Duff would rejoin on stage for a song.. Let alone 5 whole shows! But over the years these guys have never failed to surprise me.

With that in mind, everyone seems to be a little split in the middle with this rumour. How is this actually confirmed false? As it says in the title. Until the show on this date that is rumoured has ended we have no idea... we just have to wait and see.

Can we just stop all the bickering haha

DTSmnv8.gif

The fact that this thread title says FALSE without any explicit & official affirmation or denial from GNR management makes it even more suspicious.

Exactly. I don't buy ANYONE claiming ANYTHING about what Axl's plans might be unless it comes from Axl himself or TB. All it would take is 20 seconds on Twitter to come out and clear this up. Otherwise, all they're doing is promoting a Slash gig by letting the rumor grow. Why do that if Slash is such a 'cancer'? Then all of the subtle coincidences on Twitter and Facebook, the sudden happy birthday love, GNR hinting at Argentina for some reason. Some coincidence. And absolutely silence from everyone remotely involved with this. Very strange.

Because toots, they realize that it's such a stupid rumor that it doesn't warrant a response of any kind. They can't find it in themselves to believe that someone would be gullible enough to believe it.

Well, sweet-meat, I think it's not that hard to go on Twitter and just deny it. It takes less time to do that than blow one's nose. This has thrown some fans into a frenzy and I guarantee there are going to be a few poor souls that dump a ton of cash and headache to get there only to be seemingly let down. And why post a video of GNR in Argentina days after this rumor got some wings? I think there's plenty of coincidental incidents that have fueled this speculation that would lead people to believe this might be happening.

20 seconds on Twitter, that's all it takes. It could come from Jarmo or Duff or Del.

I feel bad for the few idiots who do actually travel across the world for this. Or, they might actually wind up looking like geniuses if it does indeed happen.

Edited by Matt13
  • Like 1

Well, sweet-meat, I think it's not that hard to go on Twitter and just deny it. It takes less time to do that than blow one's nose. This has thrown some fans into a frenzy and I guarantee there are going to be a few poor souls that dump a ton of cash and headache to get there only to be seemingly let down. And why post a video of GNR in Argentina days after this rumor got some wings? I think there's plenty of coincidental incidents that have fueled this speculation that would lead people to believe this might be happening.

20 seconds on Twitter, that's all it takes. It could come from Jarmo or Duff or Del.

I feel bad for the few idiots who do actually travel across the world for this. Or, they might actually wind up looking like geniuses if it does indeed happen.

Well chunkytits, I don't feel sorry for anybody that would be stupid enough to fly across the world to see Axl Rose at a Slash show. In fact, I hope Darwinism kicks in and the plane crashes so these people get no chance to breed. If Axl's moron management had done anything to start this rumor, they might have a reason to clarify it for the 25 people stupid enough to believe it. Since they didn't and there is absolutely no evidence that they even know about this joke, they don't owe anybody anything.

Do you really think there are people who believe it so hard that they are traveling across the world for this?

I mean come on. I'm sure it will be a great show. Slash is always awesome and with Duff and Gilby on the same bill it's even better and it's worth a trip, but if somebody's traveling around the world just see Axl hit this stage will be very disappointed and it will be his own fault

Well chunkytits, I don't feel sorry for anybody that would be stupid enough to fly across the world to see Axl Rose at a Slash show. In fact, I hope Darwinism kicks in and the plane crashes so these people get no chance to breed. If Axl's moron management had done anything to start this rumor, they might have a reason to clarify it for the 25 people stupid enough to believe it. Since they didn't and there is absolutely no evidence that they even know about this joke, they don't owe anybody anything.

Now we're getting somewhere with the sweet-talk, Furry Meatballs. I like you're style.

I do feel sorry for those ass-holes. There's just too many coincidences to think this 'rumor' is false.

What are you doing Saturday night? I love you're avatar. Wanna throw down some cold one's and have a full blown bromance in my hot tub?

Edited by Matt13

Now we're getting somewhere with the sweet-talk, Furry Meatballs. I like you're style.

I do feel sorry for those ass-holes. There's just too many coincidences to think this 'rumor' is false.

What are you doing Saturday night? I love you're avatar. Wanna throw down some cold one's and have a full blown bromance in my hot tub?

You have a hot tub, whiskerbiscuit? I'll be there.

Ok guys I can confirm 100% the following;

Slash and axl haven't spoken recently

Axl has no plans to play with slash in Brasil/anywhere

Axl is not in brasil currently (as reported)

If anything changes, and who knows it may, we'll let you know :)

I think this is what confirmed the rumour to be false.