[FALSE] Axl joining Slash's brazilian tour.

In the world of Guns N' Roses where we all hit a point of thinking "WTF, did that just happen? Holy shit!" for good and bad reasons, and never really know what is going to happen next, maybe.. you shouldn't rule it out. Ask me a year ago, there's no way a reunion would ever happen. Ask me today... fuck it, how the hell could we say for certain.

• Like 1

The current incarnation of GNR has essentially fallen apart. BBF has gone, The Replacements are bound to get more dates, Dead Daisies are doing well in Australia...if there was ever a time when Axl needed Slash to regain some interest, now is that time.

• Like 1

I don't know when people will realise a reunion will never happen, don't know what u guys have been taking but you're in dream land

And who the fuck are you?

Me? I'm not of my head thinking it'll ever happen, it's not even 1% realistic, everyone's got their opinion but in reality you're on another planet with this one

If you were Axl: in your 50's, your vision of new Guns nothing more than an apathetically accepted cabaret band by the fans, your voice is going the way of your abs, you love the finest things in life like super-cars and servants but it all costs. There's lots of life to go...

You knew you could earn anywhere between 25 and 100 million dollars to work for 3 hours a day, three days a week for a year with a guy you hated but who was keen to mend the fences with you...what would you do?

If Axl will play weddings and Vegas to keep the show on the road, why the fuck can't he finally let the rest of his pride go and do this?

If he walks out on that stage with Slash in Brazil, he's started to finally thaw.

If this miracle did somehow manage to happen, I bet the music world will loose its shit and that kind of excitement has not been around Axl in a long time...it may draw him in to looking at doing more.

But back in the real world: this is Axl "SUCK MY FUCKING DICK" Rose we are talking about, the hatred of Slash is a life lived all within itself. And its not just him, its his self appointed "management team" would will know that they won't stand a chance of managing the real GNR should it somehow be resurrected.

Personally, I don't think it'll happen but getting old changes people...

• Like 1

Don't see it. Undermines everything Axl and Slash have tried to achieve since the 90's. Slash doesnt need Axl at this point, he's got a steady and successful solo project finally who are churning out some really decent stuff, and playing around the world.

Not to mention any appearance together would devalue a potential reunion. You only get one shot to reunite, I'd be surprised if Axl's choice for it would be a guest appearance on Slash's turf so to speak.

I'm not saying Axl will change or has changed, or that a reunion is likely, but I don't see how anyone can say definitively that it will never happen. So Axl said some dumb shit about cancer and "not in this lifetime." Well, Axl's kind of like a child. He says lots of ridiculous things and his moods are all over the place. How could we possibly say never? We simply don't know what that crazy fuck will do.

• Like 1

Axl's said heaps of stuff, only for it to either not happen, do the opposite, or happen ten years later than he said...so I agree that "cause Axl said so" doesn't mean that it's cut and dried.

I mean, there's a quote of him saying something along the lines of there's no way he's going to be playing Appetite For Destruction songs for the rest of his days or whatever...and look at him now, letting DJ Ashba prance all over his stage pulling Slash's moves, Chris Pittman with a fucking tambourine...

Edited by DR DOOM
  • Like 1

We don't know what went on for Axl to refuse to even be in the same room with him, apart from a court order. Get having them in the same room to have a conversation first, or on the phone. Maybe they already have but I doubt it.

They could "always" reunite.

Mitch was a rock writer turned rock blogger and podcaster.

Funny thing, Bumblefoot is his co-host on the latest podcast. No GNR updates.

http://www.spreaker.com/user/talkingmetal/one-on-one-94-john-oats-john-5-and-bbf

One way or the other, people's heads are gonna explode on 03/07/2015.

You mind locking this bullshit thread? It´s been confirmed false! If tomorrow Axl says otherwise on his twitter then we can start a new thread to discuss the one night stand Axl and Slash are going to have.