[FALSE] Axl joining Slash's brazilian tour.

If a reunion were to happen, tickets would sell out in minutes.

And if a slight mention of a possible reunion was leaked to a random forum, that could sell tickets as well :lol:

It you were promoting a tour, what would you do. There are some unscrupulous individuals out there that do a job and do it well.

People believing that Slash and Axl would share a stage together again are - officially - more delusional than the ones who believe in a new record by Axl and co.

Really? I can see both happening, just not playing out as it has been described in this thread.

People believing that Slash and Axl would share a stage together again are - officially - more delusional than the ones who believe in a new record by Axl and co.

Really? I can see both happening, just not playing out as it has been described in this thread.

I think CD2 is more likely then a Axl/slash reunion , Axl's said he wants to release new stuff, and a reunion won't happen in this lifetime.

Do one or the other Axl cos were all getting a bit pissed off

• Like 1

How? Are you saying that Axl is gonna make a new album with the new band and then play those new songs with the old band? :wacko: If Axl is now somewhat open to reunite with the old band, then he shouldn´t bother to make a new album with the current line up. His priority should be to make up his mind about his future. And then go one way or another.

I can't see Axl showing up at a Slash gig at all but it wouldn't surprise me if at some stage contact was made to cooperate on some sort of release of old material or something.

Baby steps.

I agree about baby steps. But, old material? I don´t wanna see some guy telling Slash on twitter that The General sounds better live with his touch. And I don´t think Slash, Duff and Izzy want that either.

I can't believe this trollng attempt generated 9 pages :o

It's incredible- not even being funny- as I said about an earlier OBVIOUS JOKE THREAD:

In Topic: Hard Rock employee allegedly says Axl will debut new song on next residency

29 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

This thread could literally be called "[JOKE/SATIRE/0.00% CHANCE THIS IS REAL]: Hard Rock employee allegedly says Axl will debut new song on next residency", and you'd still get a few serious replies,

Though- in this thread- multiple pages of serious replies are still coming in after it's confirmed to be FALSE.

• Like 1

I can't believe this trollng attempt generated 9 pages :o

It's incredible- not even being funny- as I said about an earlier OBVIOUS JOKE THREAD:

In Topic: Hard Rock employee allegedly says Axl will debut new song on next residency

29 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

This thread could literally be called "[JOKE/SATIRE/0.00% CHANCE THIS IS REAL]: Hard Rock employee allegedly says Axl will debut new song on next residency", and you'd still get a few serious replies,

Though- in this thread- multiple pages of serious replies are still coming in after it's confirmed to be FALSE.

HEY MAN let the people live out their fantasy!!

I don't have proof or anything but I think that slash and axl never stopped working together and the new album is coming out this year! Cannnnn't wait you guys! I haven't heard it either but it's soooo good.

• Like 1

If it was to happen this way, It would be a major departure from what we know about Axl. Not least because he very rarely makes any appearance outside of scheduled GnR gigs. He has rarely guested at any other artist concerts, and I highly doubt he'd break the mould to guest at a Slash show.

Gilby's show in the late 90s springs to mind. Unannounced, no fanfare.

Definitely.

I don't know what has happened in the last weeks or months that is leading people to believe the false illusion that Slash and Axl are in good terms again. It's not happening and it will never happen.

It's been stated before what Axl wants from Slash, which is something he will never get. Also, Axl sharing stage with Slash again would destroy everything Axl has been working on -- not that he's been working on anything at all, but he already has a band that he calls Gn'R, and I don't really see Axl throwing everything away just to play a song with Slash in the near future. If this "reunion" ever happened, Slash would benefit more from it, not Axl (since he's the one who kept the Gn'R name).

Nobody here or on any other forum is a 'reliable source'. With all due respect, the guy from the other forum isn't a reliable source. UKSubs isn't a reliable source. Kanada (lol) and his internet whoring rumors of a new album is definitely not a reliable source. You can go as far as saying Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson and DJ Ashba aren't reliable sources, either.

The fact is, the only reliable source in the world of GNR is Axl Rose himself... or an official statement from a record company about an upcoming release.

However, the fact that a rumor like this got started from a typically respected member of the GNR community does hold a little bit of water. I doubt a respected member with any dignity would swirl around a completely fabricated rumor. Other rumor's as such have been hinted at in recent times from other semi-reliable sources. Even Duff is hinting at it. I mean, the guy was a member of the GNR camp for a couple months last year, right? Surly he and Axl talked about a lot of stuff and even 'laughed a lot of it off', or whatever. I would assume Slash was a main topic of conversation at times. And Duff is friendly with both camps, obviously. Surly he and Slash talked about the GNR experience last year... and who knows... maybe they all even got together privately already to bury some of the hatchet.

And if they have agreed to reconcile and even take the stage together to see how it would all play out, the last thing they'd want is for it to be confirmed news and well publicized. They'll do anything they can to keep it under wraps, INCLUDING denying the rumors to the 'reliable sources' here and at other fan forums.

All we can do is let this year play out. If it happens, great. If it doesn't, don't be disappointed. Unless Axl or Slash confirm this either way, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this.

• Like 1

Definitely.

I don't know what has happened in the last weeks or months that is leading people to believe the false illusion that Slash and Axl are in good terms again. It's not happening and it will never happen.

It's been stated before what Axl wants from Slash, which is something he will never get. Also, Axl sharing stage with Slash again would destroy everything Axl has been working on -- not that he's been working on anything at all, but he already has a band that he calls Gn'R, and I don't really see Axl throwing everything away just to play a song with Slash in the near future. If this "reunion" ever happened, Slash would benefit more from it, not Axl (since he's the one who kept the Gn'R name).

Look, I'm not arguing that things are definite or that the smart money is on Slash joining Axl on stage. But people change and want different things as they get older. So who really knows.

Considering the terrible things Izzy said about Axl in the early 2000s, you would never have guessed that Axl would have invited him on stage in 2006 (and then many times afterward). Things and people can change. It's not 2006 anymore; Guns N' Roses is a very different animal than it was back then, just as it was different ten years before that.

Nosaj, you missed the point of Axl playing in a Slash concert. He wouldnt "jeopardize" NuGNR because it wouldnt be GNR. Just a small friendly jam or something like that.

And although I understand that Slash and Axl working together again seems highly unlikely, as stated before, if he has been in good terms with Izzy, Gilby, Matt, Steven and even Duff, why couldnt it happen with Slash as well? People change their minds all the time.

Edited by ManetsBR

Only a robot would think people don't change througout the years. Time cures it all and ageing makes you wise. Humans change every single fuckin' day of their lives.

I don't know whats false or true anymore. All I wish for Axl, Slash and co. is for them to be alright, happy and with peace in their hearts. Living a life full of hatred really doesn't take you anywhere except for straight to death.

Only a robot would think people don't change througout the years. Time cures it all and ageing makes you wise. Humans change every single fuckin' day of their lives.

I don't know whats false or true anymore. All I wish for Axl, Slash and co. is for them to be alright, happy and with peace in their hearts. Living a life full of hatred really doesn't take you anywhere except for straight to death.

Amen. They are too old for this pettiness.