[FALSE] Axl joining Slash's brazilian tour.

One way or the other, people's heads are gonna explode on 03/07/2015.

Why?

Everyone will have a strong reaction no matter what happens.

I'm going to attend to that show next week, can I expect more than I am already expecting? :nervous:

Depends on what you're expecting I guess?

Personally, I wouldn't get my hopes up for an appearance by Axl.

Why?

Everyone will have a strong reaction no matter what happens.

I'm going to attend to that show next week, can I expect more than I am already expecting? :nervous:

Expect lots of Myles Kennedy on vocals.

Magisme, any chance you'll give us a hint who your "source" is, at least a broad category? I want to believe even more, but I have no reason to believe that this insider is better than any of the old ones that are never anywhere near fucking accurate.

You mind locking this bullshit thread? It´s been confirmed false! If tomorrow Axl says otherwise on his twitter then we can start a new thread to discuss the one night stand Axl and Slash are going to have.

Who has it been 'confirmed' false by? A forum admin here? With all due respect... lol.

Unless AXL ROSE or GNR management (lol) come out publicly on Twitter or Facebook or wherever and say AXL WILL NOT BE UNITING WITH SLASH THIS WEEK, then anything's possible. I won't be surprised either way. What give this rumor some wings to me is, if this is just a PR stunt to get more folks out to see Slash's show... and if Axl hates Slash so much... why would he let the speculation benefit Slash? By not saying anything about it, denying it, it's only fueling the speculation. Axl certainly knows what's going on and the little frenzy surrounding this. He's probably reading this thread. So why not kill it if it weren't true?

That's perplexing, to say the least.

And, think about it, if Axl agreed to join Slash's band for a few songs... especially with Duff and Gilby on-stage, ala a little GNR reunion, and wanted to keep it low-key just to test the waters, they probably want it to stay under wraps. So even if the admin's here or anywhere else have some kind of connection with TB (lol), they're not going to confirm it's true.

If it's not happening, Axl should put an end to the speculation and post something on Twitter or Facebook. If he doesn't, it's only going to benefit the turnout for Slash's shows... and why would Axl want to do that if his disdain for Slash is so strong?

I guess (FALSE) in caps won't stop the believing , if the thread was closed , (and I am curious as to why not ) ??? perhaps that may have calmed this.

That being said I have been scratching my head at a few weird things happening lately , but axl joining slash on a slash tour make's absolutely no sense for many reason's already stated but the nail in the coffin for me is slash just extended his tour , if axl were to join him on stage the rest of his tour is over.. in the sense all will be about reunion taking away from all the work they have already done.

These days reunions are usually made out of the blue. Followed by a ton of tour dates and maybe a new album. I highly doubt GnR would reunite, the amount of shit Axl has received regarding GNR breaking up and the passive aggresive excuses/comments of some of his ex bandmates won't have made him any more positive either.

You mind locking this bullshit thread? It´s been confirmed false! If tomorrow Axl says otherwise on his twitter then we can start a new thread to discuss the one night stand Axl and Slash are going to have.

Who has it been 'confirmed' false by? A forum admin here? With all due respect... lol.

Unless AXL ROSE or GNR management (lol) come out publicly on Twitter or Facebook or wherever and say AXL WILL NOT BE UNITING WITH SLASH THIS WEEK, then anything's possible. I won't be surprised either way. What give this rumor some wings to me is, if this is just a PR stunt to get more folks out to see Slash's show... and if Axl hates Slash so much... why would he let the speculation benefit Slash? By not saying anything about it, denying it, it's only fueling the speculation. Axl certainly knows what's going on and the little frenzy surrounding this. He's probably reading this thread. So why not kill it if it weren't true?

And, think about it, if Axl agreed to join Slash's band for a few songs... especially with Duff and Gilby on-stage, ala a little GNR reunion, and wanted to keep it low-key just to test the waters, they probably want it to stay under wraps. So even if the admin's here or anywhere else have some kind of connection with TB (lol), they're not going to confirm it's true.

If it's not happening, Axl should put an end to the speculation and post something on Twitter or Facebook. If he doesn't, it's only going to benefit the turnout for Slash's shows... and why would Axl want to do that if his disdain for Slash is so strong?

Thing is 99% of Axl's tweets would be about denying a reunion if he had to respond to every rumour about one.

Its not a reunion... Its Axl joining a Slash gig, what's wrong with that?

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/571764772456296448

Wasn't this the show where the audience could barely hear Axl's mic the entire night

No, that was in 2010 (I heard like 2-3 songs that night... The worst thing is it was in 2010 so i missed the great voice he had back then). Anyway I posted the video because GNR tweeted it like 1 day after the rumor of Axl joining Slash at Argentina. Edited by GNRfanMILO

Its not a reunion... Its Axl joining a Slash gig, what's wrong with that?

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/571764772456296448

Wasn't this the show where the audience could barely hear Axl's mic the entire night

No, that was in 2010 (I heard like 2-3 songs that night... The worst thing is it was in 2010 so i missed the great voice he had back then). Anyway I posted the video because GNR tweeted it like 1 day after the rumor of Axl joining Slash at Argentina.

2010. But i was able to listen very good the whole thing except ITW and some parts of Better.(no Axl at all on ITW)

I'm not saying Axl will change or has changed, or that a reunion is likely, but I don't see how anyone can say definitively that it will never happen. So Axl said some dumb shit about cancer and "not in this lifetime." Well, Axl's kind of like a child. He says lots of ridiculous things and his moods are all over the place. How could we possibly say never? We simply don't know what that crazy fuck will do.

Pretty much this.

I'm not holding my breath for a reunion any time soon, but the people who point to Axl's statements about Slash as if it's some kind of definitive statement on the matter...well, let's put it this way: I remember reading an interview with Chris Cornell when he was promoting his second solo album post-Audioslave, where he swore he would never play with Soundgarden again. He said they'd gone out on top, the personalities had clashed and they had nothing left to prove by getting back together, and he was adamant about it.

When his solo record flopped, that reunion apparently started to look more appealing to him.

I grant you that Axl seems to have a level of personal conviction that wouldn't cause him to whore himself out for the money, but I'm also not convinced that, if the stars aligned, he wouldn't ever consider playing with Slash again.

• Like 1

I'm not saying Axl will change or has changed, or that a reunion is likely, but I don't see how anyone can say definitively that it will never happen. So Axl said some dumb shit about cancer and "not in this lifetime." Well, Axl's kind of like a child. He says lots of ridiculous things and his moods are all over the place. How could we possibly say never? We simply don't know what that crazy fuck will do.

Pretty much this.

I'm not holding my breath for a reunion any time soon, but the people who point to Axl's statements about Slash as if it's some kind of definitive statement on the matter...well, let's put it this way: I remember reading an interview with Chris Cornell when he was promoting his second solo album post-Audioslave, where he swore he would never play with Soundgarden again. He said they'd gone out on top, the personalities had clashed and they had nothing left to prove by getting back together, and he was adamant about it.

When his solo record flopped, that reunion apparently started to look more appealing to him.

I grant you that Axl seems to have a level of personal conviction that wouldn't cause him to whore himself out for the money, but I'm also not convinced that, if the stars aligned, he wouldn't ever consider playing with Slash again.

Didn't Cornell also refer to Axl as "The Man Behind the Curtain" as in the Wizard Of Oz in the same interview? Hmmm, I wonder who's version of events of classic GnR breaking up he heard.

Edited by wkuk04

Thing is 99% of Axl's tweets would be about denying a reunion if he had to respond to every rumour about one.

That's not true. This is the first reunion 'rumor' that has ever gotten any sort of legs to it. There's so many little 'hints' being passed around that it wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened. I beg of you to show me another reunion thread that claims the Axl will be joining Slash. The fact is, Axl hardly tweets about ANYTHING. This rumor has gotten some serious legs to it now and he should address it if it were false.

It's not like him NOT to address something like this.

That's what makes it suspicious.

That's not true. This is the first reunion 'rumor' that has ever gotten any sort of legs to it. There's so many little 'hints' being passed around that it wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened. I beg of you to show me another reunion thread that claims the Axl will be joining Slash. The fact is, Axl hardly tweets about ANYTHING. This rumor has gotten some serious legs to it now and he should address it if it were false.

It's not like him NOT to address something like this.

That's what makes it suspicious.

2012 HOF, Download 2006, just after ChiDem came out (rumours of joint Van Halen/GNR reunion)...

Axl addressed all those rumors noted above though...correct? He might just be less active on GNR forums and stuff now then he was then. I doubt he reads em anymore.

One of the keys to this will be Duff. If Duff talked to Slash and got an invite for Axl then anything is possible. Duff is the only person who could make this happen and he will be there. Duff spent a lot of time with Axl this past year so that's good for the reunion.

Other thing is Axl doesn't really have a band at the moment. He wouldn't be hurting NuGNR by doing this and besides it's Slash's show. Not a GNR show, so that makes it simpler.

The bad is the years of Axl saying it won't happen, it will never happen. For now that's the facts and all we have that's concrete.

But hey if it's going to happen then now is a better time than any.