BBF on leaving GNR: "The reign of doom is over"

http://www.guitarworld.com/ron-bumblefoot-thal-discusses-his-eclectic-new-album-little-brother-watching

I know you can’t speak about your current situation with Guns N’ Roses, but what was/is it like being part of such an iconic band?

I’ve done a lot of things and played and recorded with a lot of people, but it actually felt normal. You don’t think of it as being iconic or this or that. You think about it as we’re a bunch of musicians getting together because this is what we do!

Edited by WAR™

http://www.guitarworld.com/ron-bumblefoot-thal-discusses-his-eclectic-new-album-little-brother-watching

I know you can’t speak about your current situation with Guns N’ Roses, but what was/is it like being part of such an iconic band?

I’ve done a lot of things and played and recorded with a lot of people, but it actually felt normal. You don’t think of it as being iconic or this or that. You think about it as we’re a bunch of musicians getting together because this is what we do!

my eyesssssssssssssss

• Like 1

Bumble's signature is on the Nightrain giveaway poster. Confirmed in!

....Or they were signed in Vegas, the last time the band were all together.

It'll have been signed in Vegas, it's the last time the band were all in the same place

Bumble's signature is on the Nightrain giveaway poster. Confirmed in!

....Or they were signed in Vegas, the last time the band were all together.

It'll have been signed in Vegas, it's the last time the band were all in the same place

I think someone signed '2014' on it ( didn't actually see that until after I posted lol ). Just goofing on the whole "is he in, is he out" thing. I will say that I'm kinda surprised that TB exercised some forethought.

Does anyone else wonder whether Axl would have the energy to attempt an album release, singles releases, music videos, interviews, the whole shebang? Otherwise who would actually buy a possible CD2 other than half of us? The apathy of the general public would be debilitating.

Does anyone else wonder whether Axl would have the energy to attempt an album release, singles releases, music videos, interviews, the whole shebang? Otherwise who would actually buy a possible CD2 other than half of us? The apathy of the general public would be debilitating.

Unfortunately, this is true. Axl squandered all of his goodwill and multiple chances and opportunities to be relevant and release music that the general public would have interest in. In 2015, the demand is almost nil for new GNR music. Axl has driven the GNR name into the ground and pissed all over it. He didn't capitalize on his last best chance when CD was released to then release more music in a timely fashion....it's going on 7 years already that he's released anything. He was a joke for years in the public eye, now he's not even considered that anymore. He's becoming something much worse---he's talked about in the past tense

Edited by Sixes

I'd more than happy with some more Vegas touring with Duff/Izzy guest appearances and Axl bringing along some more UYI songs like Double Talkin'Jive & Locomotive. New music is always nice but for a nostalgia act like Gn'R let's be honest it ain't really necessary...

No, new music is necessary. Incessantly touring the same boring setlist with an out of shape physically and vocally frontman is what's unnecessary.

so what makes u think new music would be any better if hes so out of shape? :wacko:

It makes no difference if the music is old or new if he cant sing it.

I'd more than happy with some more Vegas touring with Duff/Izzy guest appearances and Axl bringing along some more UYI songs like Double Talkin'Jive & Locomotive. New music is always nice but for a nostalgia act like Gn'R let's be honest it ain't really necessary...

No, new music is necessary. Incessantly touring the same boring setlist with an out of shape physically and vocally frontman is what's unnecessary.

so what makes u think new music would be any better if hes so out of shape? :wacko:

It makes no difference if the music is old or new if he cant sing it.

Anyone can sound good in a studio. Plus vocal tracks may have been laid down years ago.

Anyone can sound good in a studio. Plus vocal tracks may have been laid down years ago.

axl doesn't sound good on cd, his voice is weak in comparison with other gnr recordings (afd, uyi).

:shrugs:

Yeah, but that was ( for whatever reason ) a style choice ( I think ). TIL alt. (hip hop ) is plenty raspy.

Plus, I kinda doubt Axl's going to use the clean voice on something like Soul Monster ( if we

ever get to hear it ).

Edited by jbhutto

I think CD was awesome

I think Axl can still kill it in the studio

Live is hit and miss. Axl needs to be in top shape if be tours, it is hard to sing GnR rock songs.

I have no doubt that Axl could easily be the most relevant rock singer of the next decade........if only he wanted to.

I think his work on CD is by far the most impressive out of GNR's discography.

You have all Axls on one disc.

IRS with the switch between insecurity and vulnerability in the verses and anger in the chorus is great (and matching what the lyrics convey)

TWAT is another highlight (to state the obvious)

Ah yes, the axl rose saga:

1. Became a vital part of an incredible band.

2. Created legendary, timeless works with that band.

3. Surrounded himself with leeches and yes-men who told him HE IS GNR.

4. Kicked everyone.

5. Life got in the way for 15 years.

6. Record label forces release of totally lackluster album which isn't even worth the cast-offs from GNR.

7. Life gets in the way permanently.

8. No new music is ever released.

9. Eight people on various forums worship DJ and bumble bum and whatever other completely talentess nobodies that axl pays to imitate actual Gnr note for note in a cash grab your whenever Axl's handlers want more money.

Ah yes, the axl rose saga:

1. Became a vital part of an incredible band.

2. Created legendary, timeless works with that band.

3. Surrounded himself with leeches and yes-men who told him HE IS GNR.

4. Kicked everyone.

5. Life got in the way for 15 years.

6. Record label forces release of totally lackluster album which isn't even worth the cast-offs from GNR.

7. Life gets in the way permanently.

8. No new music is ever released.

9. Eight people on various forums worship DJ and bumble bum and whatever other completely talentess nobodies that axl pays to imitate actual Gnr note for note in a cash grab your whenever Axl's handlers want more money.

Bullshit, never head anyone worshiping DJ. At least after 2011.

Let's be brutally honest here, RnR is dying by the day and Axl's band has done pretty much nothing to stay relevant. Besides an eventual reunion nostalgia tour Gn'R won't ever be relevant again... That being said I'll keep on supporting Axl's band in whatever way I can as a true fan would.