BBF on leaving GNR: "The reign of doom is over"

We've been talking about artistic processes, creativity etc for years.

Maybe Axl is simply a lazy ass dude ? Maybe he got the name, tried for a few months, and then went "nah....I'll do that tomorrow" for the last fourteen years.

He's rich, old, fat, and crazy. Lazy fits right in there. Axl is so lazy he can't even be fucked to release a finished album. He said he wants to, but even then he's still lazy. I take that into consideration.

But it's not just lazyass. It's for the reasons I've mentioned as well. Artistic reasons, cause Axl is still an artist, even if he is a lazy one. And stubborn as well.

Edited by Rovim

It is most probable that the reason he hasn't come out and said he has left is because he has been slapped with a hush order type thing. Finck said nothing, Bucket said nothing....

I believe he is definitely is out of the band however. He is doing a masterclass here in March and a solo gig and the event is being promoted by someone I know. The initial posters and advertising had "Ron Bumblefoot Thal of Guns n Roses" and they were then all changed at the end of January to "Ron Bumblefoot Thal, as seen with Guns n Roses"

Maybe his contract was still running and has just or is just running out now?

It doesn't matter in the scheme of things anyway. They will bring someone in. The PROBLEM is the stagnating state of the band, and the "same old shit" feel you get when the band have been inactive for a while and come back with the same stage show and same setlist and give a competent (apart from Gashba), safe, show. That is all well and good and will please the general public, but it is kind of ignorant to give that show to die hard fans who have been seeing it for a hell of a long time.

The biggest problem is the fact that the vibe you get is that Axl and the guys are bored. They have to be, the die-hards are, Ron obviously was. You cannot play the same show every night for years without any major changes without feeling a little bit tired and frustrated. Maybe Gashba is happy because he is yet unable to play the material and sees an improvement in his attempts within himself? Who knows. It boils down to dignity. If you are sick and tired and picking up a payday with your creative juices bunged up, do you sit tight and smile (fortus) or do you let your agitated state escape and then finally say "fuck this" (Ron).

There is no wrong or right, unless you are a Axl worshipper then there is no right other than Axl and the world is ungrateful and disrespectful. The biggest disrespect GnR have ever been shown is the state it has been allowed to fester into. This once great band with oodles of potential is now by all intents and purposes an industry wide joke.

Edited by T-Minus
  • Like 1

What's the over/under on number of musicians who have to leave the band before everyone just admits that Axl is nuts and impossible to work with?

Is anyone saying Axl isn't impossible to work with? :huh:
Me. Every single person he has worked with in the past has come back (or tried to come back) except for Buckethead because he's afraid of Tommy. If Axl was impossible to work with that simply wouldn't be the case. I'm sure the lack of every single thing a functioning band should do besides an occasional tour gets old, but working with him doesn't seem to be anybody's problem. Not working with him seems to be most people's actual problem.
:rolleyes: Semantics at it's finest.

The dude is impossible to work with. That's why everyone leaves. Every single person he's worked with in the past has come back? Interesting. I guess we've been following completely different bands all these years because the band I've been following, not one fucking person has ever come back.

No, we're following the same band. You are just at the unfortunate disadvantage of not having the ability to understand things that happen right in front of you. I'm sure you were born that way though, so I accept you the way that you are.
When a former member rejoins the band get back to. Until then STFU because nobody who has ever left has ever come back.
Everyone that has left has come back to play with him which nullifies your dumbass argument the he is unbearable to work with. Until you learn to figure out what happened in the real world instead of being blinded by your undying and pathetic bitterness, STFU because nobody cares how much you wish you had a point.

If he's not unbearable to work with, what has driven so many away? Sure many come back for a visit or a tour even but never back into the fold full time.

The the old line up found him unbearable that has been documented to death, resurrection and back to death again but then again he said he found them to be the same way.

It more recent decades (did I just write that?) it would be more correct to say that he has not been unbearable to work with, he just doesn't work at a creative pace that someone who wants to write and release new music and be known for such can hang around for.

Robin quit and came back or Bucket would never have been in the band. Steven would give yours and his left nuts to get back in the band. Duff and Izzy play with him enough to be considered part time members. We all know how Slash's rejection worked out. Most people that have left did so because Axl wasn't doing anything at all, not because he was being unbearable. In fact, outside of Slash and Izzy, who exactly has stated that they left because they couldn't handle Axl?

Edited by Damn_Smooth

If Axl sees this...blood will boil.

If bumble don't wanna be in Guns then just go away n do your own thing , why trash talk gnr / Axl ? Remember who paid u since 2006!

Bumble is super talented but he obviously wanted out for ages now

Fortus is easily good enough to do bumbles solos

And hopefully Axl will write Sorry 2 dedicated to the guy....

If Axl sees this...blood will boil.

If bumble don't wanna be in Guns then just go away n do your own thing , why trash talk gnr / Axl ? Remember who paid u since 2006!

Bumble is super talented but he obviously wanted out for ages now

Fortus is easily good enough to do bumbles solos

And hopefully Axl will write Sorry 2 dedicated to the guy....

Haha well u never know, or cos it's Axl it'll be called 'I'm not sorry'

He's clearly just joking around here, the same way Noel Gallagher does before playing Wonderwall, about how tired he is of the hit. I think he's out, don't get me wrong, but this is nowhere near confirmation.

Stop giving people a reason not to drama queen!

Sorry, didn't mean to ruin the pity party. Damned facts and their not being as much fun...

He's clearly just joking around here, the same way Noel Gallagher does before playing Wonderwall, about how tired he is of the hit. I think he's out, don't get me wrong, but this is nowhere near confirmation.

Sorry, didn't mean to ruin the pity party. Damned facts and their not being as much fun...

They had their crowns all purchased :https://www.taigan.com/shops/littlecitizensboutique/items/47050-queen-for-a-day-inflatable-crown?gclid=CjwKEAiAx4anBRDz6JLYjMDxoQYSJAA4loRm8TE_6WPXHVFVVPl0kBXkxo57QEa-jbFkZmzgcJ-iEhoCxFrw_wcB and everything too! Meanie!

They had their crowns all purchased :https://www.taigan.com/shops/littlecitizensboutique/items/47050-queen-for-a-day-inflatable-crown?gclid=CjwKEAiAx4anBRDz6JLYjMDxoQYSJAA4loRm8TE_6WPXHVFVVPl0kBXkxo57QEa-jbFkZmzgcJ-iEhoCxFrw_wcB and everything too! Meanie!

http://www.sadtrombone.com/

I both can and cannot wait for Axl to hold auditions and welcome in a new member, I cannot believe the talent and possibility he has pissed down the drain (we got no news from BBF apart from the CD session where he wasn't really allowed to hear entire tracks to conjure up a solo and one comment I remember he played something on Atlas Shrugged but has heard zero about it since). There's potentially another record of Finck and BH tracks but he clearly has not been in the studio or jamming since then or we'd have heard it from Bumble and Ashba. I can't say it's too bad if we get the remaining decent CD tracks, but there's absolutely no word or guarantee on that, better late than never but there was actually a decent time for it - 2010-2014... now we'll get jack shit from this dude who could've created great things with Axl, we've got an untested Fortus and Ashba who can play a couple decent things but I have little hope for outside of that.

When you put this interview in context with other recent comments/etc by BBF it kinda paints a different picture (other than someone who is only making a joke). There was the Corey Taylor tweet. The "reign of doom is over" comment. And most recently he said that his time with GnR was a detour and that he was glad to be back on the same course he was one before joining. I'm not sure how much more unofficially confirmed it can get at this point. Maybe Bumble can write a song called "I'm out I'm out I'm really fucking out" or something, idk.

Playing with 06 Axl and then CD being released in 08 probably skewed BBF's expectations of what he was going to get out of the band so I can kinda sympathize there.

At this point I don't have much energy left to argue/care one way or the other, I'm just glad we've got some closure.

Edited by jbhutto

Great. Good riddance, nice guy - met him a few times. I have nothing bad to say about the dude, but as a guitar player, I feel that he did no bring anything to the table. No songs written, Buckethead was superior as a player. So it was a step down in playing quality as well. But of course he is a fantastic player.

Great. Good riddance, nice guy - met him a few times. I have nothing bad to say about the dude, but as a guitar player, I feel that he did no bring anything to the table. No songs written, Buckethead was superior as a player.

To be fair there's only one man responsible for BBF not having written any songs for this band, and we all know who that is. As another commenter said, more talent pissed down the drain.

Great. Good riddance, nice guy - met him a few times. I have nothing bad to say about the dude, but as a guitar player, I feel that he did no bring anything to the table. No songs written, Buckethead was superior as a player.

To be fair there's only one man responsible for BBF not having written any songs for this band, and we all know who that is. As another commenter said, more talent pissed down the drain.

Sure. That is true of course. But there is little that will leave behind from his long GnR stint. His face is on CD and he butchered a couple of solos on it. Catcher in the Rye - oh blaah. But thats about it. All the best to BBF anyways, and for craps sake. Stop the drama and just say that you are 100% out. That still leaves doubt.