BBF on leaving GNR: "The reign of doom is over"

Jarmo's at least bitching about this. Should make for some awkward conversations down the line on the off chance BBF stays. I wasn't aware Jarmo was capable of opening his mouth without tongue-fucking someone's arsehole where GNR personnel is concerned.

Edited by tomfriend
  • Like 1

Was hoping from the thread title that this was an official announcement or a definitive 'I'm out' from Ron. Who knows what the hell has gone on, at this stage I really wouldn't be surprised if at the next Guns show he isn't there and I wouldn't blame him if he wasn't. With the Dead Daisies, Sixx AM and the Replacements all being busy this year him focusing on other stuff doesn't seem out of the ordinary I guess.

He was only joking, but it does seem like a bitter joke mixed with some Gn'R truth. Doesn't he like to play in Guns? does he think Axl is difficult to work with? surely not. Surely not.

howler.jpg

It was intentional.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Although he was joking it's obvious that this is the way he feels. I can't blame anyone in GNR for feeling this way. Axl isn't the easiest person to communicate with. He's the dude that erased Brian May's solo's and pieced together his warm up.

Bumblefoot's been in the band almost eight years and hasn't written and released a GNR song he wrote. He must find that irritating as hell.

He's the dude that erased Brian May's solo's and pieced together his warm up.

That was a fun moment I'm sure Brian had a blast listening to something he didn't really play going what the fuck is this? what did you do? come here you crazy ginger bastard.

And then he didn't even use it. The copy/pasted May solo cause a few people on a message board said it sucked. He's that insecure.

But I like how he doesn't care who you are, you could be Jimi Hendrix incarnated, still gonna copy/paste ya.

He's the dude that erased Brian May's solo's and pieced together his warm up.

That was a fun moment I'm sure Brian had a blast listening to something he didn't really play going what the fuck is this? what did you do? come here you crazy ginger bastard.

And then he didn't even use it. The copy/pasted May solo cause a few people on a message board said it sucked. He's that insecure.

But I like how he doesn't care who you are, you could be Jimi Hendrix incarnated, still gonna copy/paste ya.

Um, who said his erasing the Brian May solo had anything to do with the forum?

Maybe he decided he'd rather have a guitarist who was in the band to solo on the song rather than a guest? Brian recorded that solo during a period in time when Axl had no lead guitarist - Robin had just quit and Buckethead hadn't joined yet.

Why does it have to be that Axl was insecure? Couldn't he have just decided he didn't want to use Brian's part?

And what's wrong with cutting and pasting? It's his album...Is he bound by some laws dictated by GN'R forum members to not do what he wants on his own record? People love Civil War despite the drum track being 'cut and pasted' from 90 different takes.

• Like 1

What did he actually say? I watched it and I heard Bumblefoot being Bumblefoot, joking around and not being serious. You guys just run with anything, any little hint of the slightest thing :P

Bumble may well be out of the band, but this interview... is not the proof you or I have been looking for. This interview is not to be taken serious. Relax.

• Like 1

BBF was very open about using the GNR name to further his career a year before joining. He didnt like GNR then and sure as fuck doesnt now. I know for a fact Merck knew

Evidence, please.

Merck has it.

Plus with in minutes of the news breaking he deleted a shitload of posts from his site. dont believe? i really dont care. ask Merck. He has the screen shots

Edited by Route66

Initially it seemed obvious for Axl to hire guys who weren't fans of the original line-up, since he was trying to "bury" old GN'R. It was kind of a good plan, really -- hire another punk-based bassist, another unique guitarist, another Izzy, but make sure they have different musical backgrounds. Move the GN'R b®and forward.

But over time, as they turned into a so-called legacy act, this became irrelevant. So while Ron could have helped transition the sound of GN'R forward (no matter whether you're a fan of his or not, it certainly would have been a different sound and thus one that may justify the expenditure of former bandmembers), the fact that he never had a chance to release music with GN'R makes Axl's attempts at hiring non-fans of GN'R rather a moot point.

Then again, maybe it wasn't so calculated. Who knows. Maybe Axl just wanted talented dudes.

• Like 3

To everybody who just reads the thread title and believe Bumblefoot says he is out of the band in this interview: He isn't saying that. He is joking about not receiving the hamburger he was promised from GN'R when joining the band, and when the interviewer says he can give him a burger, Bumblefoot jokingly says, "So I won't have to play with them anymore?" "No more of this song!" [playing the intro to SCOM] "The reign of doom is over!" It's all tongue-in-cheek and said inbetween laughter. I am not saying he hasn't left the band, just that this isn't the confirmation we've been waiting for.

EDIT: Unless he says something more later in the interview...I haven't been through it all, yet.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2

The most reasonable thing that I can imagine here is that Axl and Bumble had a talk sometime around the residency, and Bumble was ready to leave the band. Axl wants bumble to stay and probably told him that he was going to take a break after Vegas and so Axl wanted Bumble to think about it over the break.

I think this is why we are getting so many mixed signals. Jarmo is confused and he's always around the band on tour.

Nobody has a yes or no answer here, which leaves me to believe that this is definitely an issue, but an unresolved one as of now. The whole situation is dumb. We should have a much clearer answer by now. It's been about 8 months since we first got wind of this.

I never liked that BBF guy ...

Dunno how you could never like the guy.

sarcasm-on-the-internet.jpeg

Don't worry, we already know you're a fucking retard.

:P

Or, we can stop acting like teenagers and realize that adults don't take "teams" or sides in issues regarding who is in a band or not.

Why should I stop acting ike a teenager? 451542.gif

Now Axl will need to find another replacement and the NuGNR circus will continue. Really hoping Dildoface gets his chance!

Ahah ...I almost forgot that one .... best thread ever :lol: