BBF on leaving GNR: "The reign of doom is over"

That sub bass ties the whole room together.

To quote Diesel Daisy (who was being sarcastic), "14 Years needs it's shred" :lol:

If Ron's gone I hope Axl doesn't get another shredder too, like Gunner touched on I don't think GNR's glorious destiny will be turned to shit if they aren't able to perform Shackler's Democracy live.

Richard is a fine lead player in the old style, and considering the setlist is mostly songs from the classic band anyway the twin guitar model should in theory work just fine- it did when it was actual Guns N Roses.

It's got to be said though, jury is out on wether or not DJ is up to that task...

• Like 1

That sub bass ties the whole room together.

To quote Diesel Daisy (who was being sarcastic), "14 Years needs it's shred" :lol:

If Ron's gone I hope Axl doesn't get another shredder too, like Gunner touched on I don't think GNR's glorious destiny will be turned to shit if they aren't able to perform Shackler's Democracy live.

Richard is a fine lead player in the old style, and considering the setlist is mostly songs from the classic band anyway the twin guitar model should in theory work just fine- it did when it was actual Guns N Roses.

It's got to be said though, jury is out on wether or not DJ is up to that task...

Didn't you hear? The jury returned a unanimous vote. They said he isn't. In fact one of them asked if they could bring back the stocks.

• Like 1

I love bbf as a guitar player and his personality but if he isnt in gnr i dont really want to follow his music anymore.

Axl now has a great opportunity to get back nu'GnR on track - one less leading guitar player from the ridiculous 3 to start with and now he just needs to replace Tommy with Duff for good. I wish...

YES, Richard And Dj can kick chinese democracys ass with chinese democracy 2, plus dj has not beein featured on any gnr album. Tommy almost left in 2006 due to the band (axl) being completely ridiculous, i like tommy but i wouldnt really care if duff replaced him.

• Like 1

Haha, I was trying to be nice and fair :monkey:

He's had over 5 years and if anything his playing seems to be getting worse.

but his eyeliner skills have soared

haha..

maybe he hasn't quit, but simply 'out of the loop' - Boom-tish!

I'd more than happy with some more Vegas touring with Duff/Izzy guest appearances and Axl bringing along some more UYI songs like Double Talkin'Jive & Locomotive. New music is always nice but for a nostalgia act like Gn'R let's be honest it ain't really necessary...

Not saying it because he's out, but never liked BBF. Hate his parts on CD, and his live tone was/is horrible. I did like that he was good with fans, he now just seems like a whiney bellend. He'll realise pretty quickly that he's lost out on his chance, his solo stuff will have him playing to a couple hundred people max, just ask Gilby....

Not saying it because he's out, but never liked BBF. Hate his parts on CD, and his live tone was/is horrible. I did like that he was good with fans, he now just seems like a whiney bellend. He'll realise pretty quickly that he's lost out on his chance, his solo stuff will have him playing to a couple hundred people max, just ask Gilby....

I actually think he was pretty great in Guns and I would have really liked to have heard some original parts where he's the key player. But yes, from a business perspective, I can't believe he'd leave GNR to go back to his solo gig. There must be a lot of contractual things holding him back cause he's leaving (what could be) a cush gig.

I actually think he was pretty great in Guns and I would have really liked to have heard some original parts where he's the key player. But yes, from a business perspective, I can't believe he'd leave GNR to go back to his solo gig. There must be a lot of contractual things holding him back cause he's leaving (what could be) a cush gig.

I agree, I think people forget that if he wrote music as part of GNR it wouldn't sound like his solo stuff, it would be his writing, plus Axl's, Fortus', Dizzy's, Frank's, Ashba's (god forbid), Tommy's, and probably Pitman's. It's why Bucket's stuff doesn't sound like CD, you write with other people they tell you what works, you tell them what works and you create something together.

I'd more than happy with some more Vegas touring with Duff/Izzy guest appearances and Axl bringing along some more UYI songs like Double Talkin'Jive & Locomotive. New music is always nice but for a nostalgia act like Gn'R let's be honest it ain't really necessary...

let's be really honest : we need a reunion!!

:headbang: :headbang:

Edited by supercool

No, new music is necessary. Incessantly touring the same boring setlist with an out of shape physically and vocally frontman is what's unnecessary.

That's true if it is just a nostalgic act. But Axl himself has said that he already has two more albums recorded. DJ and other band members have said they've given Axl potential songs and that Axl has tons of songs that he/they have worked on. Axl and band members have said they want to work on and release new music.

Don't tell the fans all that if you really are just a nostalgic act who is just going to your the old songs for six months every other year.

Bumblefoot retwitted this today:

And also tweeted this

That leads to this

https://instagram.com/p/zrRwPZm_JL/

Any duplication, cropping or editing of any kind is a violation of copyright laws. Please be respectful of my hard work and the subject in the photos.

BUMBLEFOOT of Guns N Roses
@axlrose @gunsnroses @bumblefoot #axlrose #gnr #gunsnroses #chromalusionphotography #art #concert #concertphotography #paradisecity #lasvegas #vegas #hardrockcafe #scream #rocknroll #musician #guitarist #bumblefoot

So maybe he is not out of GN'R yet?

Edited by GNRfanMILO

Bumblefoot retwitted this today:

And also tweeted this

That leads to this

https://instagram.com/p/zrRwPZm_JL/

Any duplication, cropping or editing of any kind is a violation of copyright laws. Please be respectful of my hard work and the subject in the photos.

BUMBLEFOOT of Guns N Roses
@axlrose @gunsnroses @bumblefoot #axlrose #gnr #gunsnroses #chromalusionphotography #art #concert #concertphotography #paradisecity #lasvegas #vegas #hardrockcafe #scream #rocknroll #musician #guitarist #bumblefoot

So maybe he is not out of GN'R yet?

or maybe it's just a link to a photo with the description written by the photographer...

Things are quite simple in my mind...in commercial terms Gn'R IS nothing but a nostalgia act, that's the reason why everyone wants to see a reunion Greatest Hits tour around the world. For the real fans though (maybe some tens of thousands) it'd be great to hear new music both recorded and live, but that surely ISN'T necessary at all at the end of the day...

Edited by trqster