Levant/Mid-East Geo-Politics Thread

downzy

USYemen_graphicv2.jpg

The pentagon has just admitted that $500 million of equipment (listed above) has been "lost" in Yemen and possibly is now in the hands of Al-Qaeda.

:facepalm: Amother clusterfuck thanks to US foreign policy.

Not a clusterfuck for the military-industrial complex, though, means the government now has to pay them for more weapons :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Very convenient isn't it.

"Yessir we need more bombs and tanks and bullets to kill the A-rabs that done gone stole our bombs, tanks and bullets. We gots to kill these sonvabitches before they terrorise some good folks back home and our best friends forever in Is-ray-ul. It's what Jesus would want yessir, can't have these Mo-ham-mud loving loons just throwing weapons around willy nilly. Have you HEARD what these A-rabs want to do over there? It's Un-American."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Like 1

"Yessir we need more bombs and tanks and bullets to kill the A-rabs that done gone stole our bombs, tanks and bullets. We gots to kill these sonvabitches before they terrorise some good folks back home and our best friends forever in Is-ray-ul. It's what Jesus would want yessir, can't have these Mo-ham-mud loving loons just throwing weapons around willy nilly. Have you HEARD what these A-rabs want to do over there? It's Un-American."

oh man i needed that.:lol:

• Like 1

USYemen_graphicv2.jpg

The pentagon has just admitted that $500 million of equipment (listed above) has been "lost" in Yemen and possibly is now in the hands of Al-Qaeda.

:facepalm: Amother clusterfuck thanks to US foreign policy.

How can one lose a CN-235 aircraft? I lose my keys or my wallet but I imagine even I could keep track of a Huey helicopter!

oh man i needed that. :lol:

Do yanks say willy nilly? :lol: I love that phrase!

• Like 1

Iran needs a little leeway now with what they've got up their sleeves.

Like North Korea they are using threats of atom bomb development as leverage in negotiations. In this case Iran is giving away things in the negotiations they can freely give, the result is a general more positive attitude towards them which will serve them well as they get more entangled in the region's warfare whyle vying for region supremacy.

Edited by SoulMonster

• 2 months later...

I wish I were shocked. I wish it weren't the same old story over and over. Get ready for denial and excuses, as always.

According to leading American and British intelligence experts, a declassified Pentagon report confirms that the West accelerated support to extremist rebels in Syria, despite knowing full well the strategy would pave the way for the emergence of the ‘Islamic State’ (ISIS).

The experts who have spoken out include renowned government whistleblowers such as the Pentagon’s Daniel Ellsberg, the NSA’s Thomas Drake, and the FBI’s Coleen Rowley, among others.
Their remarks demonstrate the fraudulent nature of claims by two other former officials, the CIA’s Michael Morell and the NSA’s John Schindler, both of whom attempt to absolve the Obama administration of responsibility for the policy failures exposed by the DIA documents.

https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/ex-intel-officials-pentagon-report-proves-us-complicity-in-isis-fabef96e20da

Getting rid of Assad in favor of a potential US friendly government outweighs any concern for growing extremism. Helping the rebels will help the extremists, bombing IS in Syria will be favorable to Assad than the Rebels. The US wants Assad gone but unfortunately, aiding his enemies also means indirectly aiding extremists such as IS.

IS has to be destroyed, but this won't happen as long Assad is in power or the US starts changing their strategy and favors Assad's government for the time being. They have to chose between the Syrian opposition or Islamic State. One of them has to go.