Kurt Cobain Mocks Missing GNR Tour

There's a making of Nevermind book. I think he used acoustic and note books but then played with band too in much more free form way. Like those In Utero sessions were chaotic. But once a producer gets involved they mold it. Bleach is much less produced song wise.

It's basically Kurts acoustic song writing like About a Girl, Sliver, Come as you Are, Polly, Penny Royal Tea, All Aplogise that gives them longevity. There's a wealth of material though.

Was in Seattle this week, so I figured how appropriate to watch it there. Couldn't get through it - one of the most boring documentaries I've ever seen. Kurt wrote some really great songs; but his personal life, not so great or interesting at all.

You didn't find the part about his unsuccessful attempt at having sex with an overweight mentally challenged girl because she was stinky and made him soft fascinating? Probably what the smell of teen spirit was all about.

Edited by HuskerTornado

It seemed to be about building this narrative that he was ashamed by this incident, ashamed by the divorced, then ashamed by his drug use, fame, being a role model. He was ashamed to be human. It's like they are trying to build a story that makes sense.

Edited by wasted

Isn't Cobain mocking you about the same as a retard mocking you?

Haha.. brilliant comment. Yeah, the guy that is widely recognized as revolutionizing the music industry, knocking off michael jackson from charts, putting an end to glam rock -- but sure, if it makes you feel better, call him a retard.

Haha.. brilliant comment. Yeah, the guy that is widely recognized as revolutionizing the music industry, knocking off michael jackson from charts, putting an end to glam rock -- but sure, if it makes you feel better, call him a retard.
What does all that (MJ, "glam" ) have to do with GnR? Something tells me that if Guns had stuck together and released an album/tour post UYI's they'd have kicked Nirvana's ass. Guns woulda been like the Stones. Nirvana (had Cobain not blown his head off) woulda faded away. Can you imagine how annoying a 2015 Cobain woulda been? LOL Edited by Snowmass

Was in Seattle this week, so I figured how appropriate to watch it there. Couldn't get through it - one of the most boring documentaries I've ever seen. Kurt wrote some really great songs; but his personal life, not so great or interesting at all.

You didn't find the part about his unsuccessful attempt at having sex with an overweight mentally challenged girl because she was stinky and made him soft fascinating? Probably what the smell of teen spirit was all about.

Funny you mention that, because it was that very scene that had me reaching for the remote.

Cobain the musician was interesting; Cobain the man was not. Definitely not worth a documentary unless you find self-absorbed degenerates interesting.

Funny you mention that, because it was that very scene that had me reaching for the remote.

Cobain the musician was interesting; Cobain the man was not. Definitely not worth a documentary unless you find self-absorbed degenerates interesting.

Hahahahahaha LOLOLOLOL. What a great post.

What does all that (MJ, "glam" ) have to do with GnR? Something tells me that if Guns had stuck together and released an album/tour post UYI's they'd have kicked Nirvana's ass. Guns woulda been like the Stones. Nirvana (had Cobain not blown his head off) woulda faded away. Can you imagine how annoying a 2015 Cobain woulda been? LOL

I was as big a GNR fan as anyone, was in college in early - mid 90s. By 1994, GNR was considered by almost everyone as a complete joke after Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and the grunge scene had set stage and I was one of the few that actually defended Axl. Who the hell knows what would've happened if they stayed together, they didn't - so what's left is the legacies of both bands and Cobain and Axl. Unfortunately both artists vanished in and around 94 - only for Axl to come back years later and a make a joke of himself and tarnish the legend he once was.

What does all that (MJ, "glam" ) have to do with GnR? Something tells me that if Guns had stuck together and released an album/tour post UYI's they'd have kicked Nirvana's ass. Guns woulda been like the Stones. Nirvana (had Cobain not blown his head off) woulda faded away. Can you imagine how annoying a 2015 Cobain woulda been? LOL

I was as big a GNR fan as anyone, was in college in early - mid 90s. By 1994, GNR was considered by almost everyone as a complete joke after Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and the grunge scene had set stage and I was one of the few that actually defended Axl. Who the hell knows what would've happened if they stayed together, they didn't - so what's left is the legacies of both bands and Cobain and Axl. Unfortunately both artists vanished in and around 94 - only for Axl to come back years later and a make a joke of himself and tarnish the legend he once was.

Fair enough....I still say Guns was built for a Stones like legacy where as Cobain woulda run for congress or been hugging trees somewhere.....but I digress as yes- Axl kinda became a cliche joke.

Thing is after the Rome OD coma Courtney said it wasn't a suicide attempt. Now in this movie she's saying it was because he suspected she cheated on him. So a month later he kills himself. It's hard not to draw conclusions.

Yet they were still selling shows out. People were indifferent about GNR by 94, Slash, Duff, and Izzy were still a live presence so for some of the fans who only got to see them in stadiums, playing a nearby club or theater was a treat, but there were just a lot of other bands out there to listen to.

Thing is after the Rome OD coma Courtney said it wasn't a suicide attempt. Now in this movie she's saying it was because he suspected she cheated on him. So a month later he kills himself. It's hard not to draw conclusions.

Conclusions?

like this?

bfb608b0e198ea121cf4635c8a57ff11d3700caa

also i'm suprised that nobody posted this video from 2011

Duff was cool as fuck in here

send the annoying tin foil hat theorist to hell

Edited by Strange Broue

I still don't think he, or Nirvana, or grunge in general ended glam rock/metal (And I say ended in terms of the high level of commercial success, as the genre never disappeared and many classified in that genre are still releasing new music and touring). That's a too simple look at what was going on at the time imo. That genre had been on top for so long, mainstream tastes were due for a change and Appetite for Destruction really led the way. People liked the edgier, heavier AFD singles over the 'all about good times' Poison tracks. A lot of the hairspray and makeup washed away when GnR blew up in 88.

Look at the myriad of different styles that were big in 1991, it was a great year for rock and metal and people had more to choose from in the mainstream than ever before. We had releases from Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Mr Big, Tom Petty, Motorhead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Skid Row, Kyuss, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Ozzy Osbourne, Queen, Metal Church, Primus, Overkill, Rush, Soundgarden, Tesla, Van Halen, Warrior Soul, Dinosaur Jr., The Tragically Hip, REM, Sepultura, Lenny Kravitz, Bryan Adams, Crash Test Dummies, Temple of the Dog, Fishbone, Marillion, Anthrax, LA Guns, Green Day, Alice Cooper, Living Colour, Fugazi, Mr. Bungle, Spin Doctors, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Blues Traveler, Dire Straits, Pixies, Ween, Prince, They Might Be Giants, Ugly Kid Joe, Pennywise, Iced Earth, Roxette, My Bloody Valentine, Genesis, U2, Michael Jackson, Monster Magnet, Sublime, Melvins, Bad Brains, Anvil, Armored Saint, Asphalt Ballet, Bad Religion, Blind Guardian, Bang Tango, Badlands, Blue Rodeo, BoDeans, Corrosion Of Conformity, Drivin' N' Cryin', Hum, Jesus Jones, Junkyard, Kiss, Phish, Primal Scream, Raven, Saraya, Savatage, Thunder, Trip Shakespeare, Urge Overkill, Vain, The Wonder Stuff, etc., etc., etc.. This is only some of the albums that came out and isn't even getting into the late 1990 releases that were big or the rap and hip hop scene which was gaining mainstream popularity as well. I don't see a many glam metal releases there and this is before the supposed game changer changed music. The change was already in motion before Nirvana came along.

Kurt's place has been bloated since he killed himself, the worship of this guy is comical at times. Kurt was a self righteous prick. I really don't like the guy, while I did like some of Nirvana's music. He shit on and mocked Soundgarden, GnR, and anyone else that was in as good or a better place than he was in his perceived rock star rankings (or he would just call them corporate to sound like a underground badass). He put on this facade of hating all things related so success, yet it's been said many times over the years (fell on deaf ears by many, apparently) by people that knew him, including in this new doc, that he was obsessed with success. Everyone built him up as this martyr...it's kind of disgusting. Butch Vig deserves all the credit in the world for Nevermind becoming a big deal.

Kurt was such an ignorant ass, he called GnR an untalented band (as he did for several bands that he didn't like :jerkoff: ) like a jr high school girl rags on another girl after they stole her boyfriend. Childish behavior. From what I recall, Guns was still the biggest band in the world at the end of the Illusion tour in 93, selling out stadiums world-wide. Kurt offed himself less than a year later. Grunge didn't last much longer and then gave way to Nickelback. Super.

Edited by HuskerTornado

Conclusions?

like this?

It's not a conspiracy theory that Courtney said he tried to commit suicide in Rome because he thought she cheated on him. Thats what she said. Then a month later he does it. Like she said he thought she betrayed her. Did he feel less betrayed a month later? Just impressions from the movie, the way they presented.

The reason he killed himself is because he was a bi polar heroin addict in withdrawal. It can't be life affirming.

Conclusions?

like this?

It's not a conspiracy theory that Courtney said he tried to commit suicide in Rome because he thought she cheated on him. Thats what she said. Then a month later he does it. Like she said he thought she betrayed her. Did he feel less betrayed a month later? Just impressions from the movie, the way they presented.

The reason he killed himself is because he was a bi polar heroin addict in withdrawal. It can't be life affirming.

Or he looked in the mirror.

Conclusions?

like this?

Or he looked in the mirror.
If that was the reason there'd be no humans left.

Conclusions?

like this?

hey who is this Richard Lee guy and what is he attacking Duff for?

I can't hardly hear :(

I really think the stomach ache was just withdrawal. He gets it around 87. In interviews around Nevermind he'd nod out and tell them it was narcolepsy. I guess I see what people mean by teenage and then just junkie rock. Every other song has those references but it just sounds so great and even on demos the talent is obvious. It's hard to see where they could go from there. Just keep banging away at this stuff. I sort of wish he'd gone into the witness protection program.