Kurt Cobain Mocks Missing GNR Tour

What, that she'll let the side down? I dont think so, i think shes got a lot of her old man in her. Her Dads shortcomings were to do with envoirnment and being of a certain place and time, she doesnt have that so the Dad elements that shine through are the positive ones, fun loving, highly creative, God bless her man, i hope she does well at anything she tries her hand at, loved her old man dearly so she gets respect from me by default.

That's more what I meant, looks like she's not embracing the self destructive aspect. Which, given who her parents are, is against all odds.

What troubles me about that is that to me it reflects, though this may be a load of bollocks, that her old man had the essential tools there too, to continue etc. I guess some just don't make it.

I've never really ever been troubled by the death of a famous person, i ain't really cut like that but if anybody ever bothered me like that it's Kurt. Rik Mayall i suppose but that was only because of a personal association of him with my youth or whatever but with Kurt its more like...i dunno, it just kinda leaves me speechless. I guess Krist said it all when he said 'he just shouldn't've done that'.

That boy was really really really special and the fact that he went out like that is like...at the risk of romanticising, it really ain't the era of good men, is it?

I was thinking this the other day, if i may get unbearably romantic (and convoluted) for a moment, the Mayweather Pacquiao fight was coming up and i was just looking back to fights of a past era and it struck me that...in the old days good guys kinda made it, didn't they? Against the odds. Ali beat Liston, Ali beat Foreman (hey, maybe Ali was just the fucking dream weaver, i dunno :lol:). Point being, you got this sense of good eventually prevailing. And it occured to me like, really, morally speaking...Manny should win. There's something so gross, so obscene about who Floyd is as a person...morally speaking, the Gods of moral equivalency should sew this one up for Pacman. Not cuz he's a saint, far from it, he's not THAT y'know? But i knew he wouldn't and all i could fathom from that was that it is not the age of the good guy, the hero.

And thats what Kurt killing himself represents to me...the brutal reality of our times. Kurt Cobain was essentially heroic to me. He was this weedy little guy that was like...he really shouldn't've been where he was...and the fact that he was there was really heroic, to me. He didn't even have to do anything else or be anything different, just doing what he was doing, it just had a heroic quality to me.

It's difficult to explain but I mean, I'm sure you understand, being a metaller (though you might be wrong), Ozzy represented this to metallers back in the day, before Metal was the thing it is now he was just kinda heroic. For what he represented in just being himself and going about things the way he did. To a certain kind of person and a certain community who saw things a certain way, Ozzy represented their thing. And the fact Ozzy made it kinda like...i dunno, Metal really ain't the Metal of the 70s now anyway, it's not like this whole lifestyle choice like it was but i guess neither is all that 'alternative' stuff anymore...so it's difficult to explain nowadays. Kurt could draw in people from all these disparate places to his thing, which i guess was kind of a blessing or a curse.

But like, in the final reckoning, his not making it says something to me about not only him but that scene also and it's mentality and the people that gathered around it's totem pole. It's a sad sad sad thing and i feel nothing but sorrow and sadness for that boy and it totally totally confuses me why that happened. I guess some people are famous that get you right at that fuckin' point when your a kid and you fuckin' like...REALLY take things on board...and for that much I'm proud, that for me that person was Kurt Cobain and not...i dunno, Michael Jackson or whatever. Of all the people that could've put something decent in my head it was that guy.

Kurt Cobain didn't just kill himself, Kurt Cobain killed an idea. It almost feels like it was a cosmic error or something, like some sort of malfunction in some sort of greater plan to do with this world. I'm waffling on here but only because i don't feel I'm explaining what i mean about this very well. Just shouldn't've done that. It's such a...gross thing. Why would you do that, you're Kurt Cobain. The greatest fuckin' guy our generation had and where's it end, on a fuckin' garage floor. Laying there for fuckin' days. You're this guy and you're in the hearts and minds and thoughts of millions...people listening to your tunes all over the fuckin' world, saying how you changed their fuckin' lives and there you are, on a garage floor. For fuckin' days too, ugh, it's just so...the only word i can think of is gross but i mean in the sense of like something is excessive to the point of being obscene. There's just something so wrong with that.

I guess he just wasn't well. But i can't accept that, that he was really profoundly mentally ill. But then you have to be I suppose, to do that...don't you? I dunno. Just shouldn't've done it, not him :no:

Edited by Len B'stard

The thing with bi polar is 20% have a go at killing themselves.

They have that manic stage like in movie you see it. But then they have a complete depression on the other side. So in that state they can do it.

That's how I rationalise it. Other than that it makes no sense. The note doesn't really add up.

I just can't see him wanting to hurt anyone like that.

Never make life and death decisions in a suicidal state of mind.

I guess he just wasn't well. But i can't accept that, that he was really profoundly mentally ill. But then you have to be I suppose, to do that...don't you? I dunno. Just shouldn't've done it, not him :no:

What was his deal with the stomach thing? I heard it was pretty bad, and a big reason for his substance abuse, to manage the pain.

I know Phil Anselmo of Pantera messed himself up six ways from sunday on drugs to manage chronic back pain. It got pretty bad but he never took the time to take care of it medically.

What, that she'll let the side down? I dont think so, i think shes got a lot of her old man in her. Her Dads shortcomings were to do with envoirnment and being of a certain place and time, she doesnt have that so the Dad elements that shine through are the positive ones, fun loving, highly creative, God bless her man, i hope she does well at anything she tries her hand at, loved her old man dearly so she gets respect from me by default.

That's more what I meant, looks like she's not embracing the self destructive aspect. Which, given who her parents are, is against all odds.

What troubles me about that is that to me it reflects, though this may be a load of bollocks, that her old man had the essential tools there too, to continue etc. I guess some just don't make it.

I've never really ever been troubled by the death of a famous person, i ain't really cut like that but if anybody ever bothered me like that it's Kurt. Rik Mayall i suppose but that was only because of a personal association of him with my youth or whatever but with Kurt its more like...i dunno, it just kinda leaves me speechless. I guess Krist said it all when he said 'he just shouldn't've done that'.

That boy was really really really special and the fact that he went out like that is like...at the risk of romanticising, it really ain't the era of good men, is it?

I was thinking this the other day, if i may get unbearably romantic (and convoluted) for a moment, the Mayweather Pacquiao fight was coming up and i was just looking back to fights of a past era and it struck me that...in the old days good guys kinda made it, didn't they? Against the odds. Ali beat Liston, Ali beat Foreman (hey, maybe Ali was just the fucking dream weaver, i dunno :lol:). Point being, you got this sense of good eventually prevailing. And it occured to me like, really, morally speaking...Manny should win. There's something so gross, so obscene about who Floyd is as a person...morally speaking, the Gods of moral equivalency should sew this one up for Pacman. Not cuz he's a saint, far from it, he's not THAT y'know? But i knew he wouldn't and all i could fathom from that was that it is not the age of the good guy, the hero.

And thats what Kurt killing himself represents to me...the brutal reality of our times. Kurt Cobain was essentially heroic to me. He was this weedy little guy that was like...he really shouldn't've been where he was...and the fact that he was there was really heroic, to me. He didn't even have to do anything else or be anything different, just doing what he was doing, it just had a heroic quality to me.

It's difficult to explain but I mean, I'm sure you understand, being a metaller (though you might be wrong), Ozzy represented this to metallers back in the day, before Metal was the thing it is now he was just kinda heroic. For what he represented in just being himself and going about things the way he did. To a certain kind of person and a certain community who saw things a certain way, Ozzy represented their thing. And the fact Ozzy made it kinda like...i dunno, Metal really ain't the Metal of the 70s now anyway, it's not like this whole lifestyle choice like it was but i guess neither is all that 'alternative' stuff anymore...so it's difficult to explain nowadays. Kurt could draw in people from all these disparate places to his thing, which i guess was kind of a blessing or a curse.

But like, in the final reckoning, his not making it says something to me about not only him but that scene also and it's mentality and the people that gathered around it's totem pole. It's a sad sad sad thing and i feel nothing but sorrow and sadness for that boy and it totally totally confuses me why that happened. I guess some people are famous that get you right at that fuckin' point when your a kid and you fuckin' like...REALLY take things on board...and for that much I'm proud, that for me that person was Kurt Cobain and not...i dunno, Michael Jackson or whatever. Of all the people that could've put something decent in my head it was that guy.

Kurt Cobain didn't just kill himself, Kurt Cobain killed an idea. It almost feels like it was a cosmic error or something, like some sort of malfunction in some sort of greater plan to do with this world. I'm waffling on here but only because i don't feel I'm explaining what i mean about this very well. Just shouldn't've done that. It's such a...gross thing. Why would you do that, you're Kurt Cobain. The greatest fuckin' guy our generation had and where's it end, on a fuckin' garage floor. Laying there for fuckin' days. You're this guy and you're in the hearts and minds and thoughts of millions...people listening to your tunes all over the fuckin' world, saying how you changed their fuckin' lives and there you are, on a garage floor. For fuckin' days too, ugh, it's just so...the only word i can think of is gross but i mean in the sense of like something is excessive to the point of being obscene. There's just something so wrong with that.

omg Alan why do u have so much bullshiet with you??? :nervous::nervous::nervous:

omg Alan why do u have so much bullshiet with you??? :nervous::nervous::nervous:

I dunno, why do you try and act all hard and cynical when you look like a 3 foot munchkin whoose organs would fail if i slapped her? :lol:

As I get older I fail to see what 14-year-old me liked about a suicidal junkie.

Same reason you'd like any junkie, Keith Richards, Slash, William S Burroughs. People only see moral implications of heroin addiction when they don't like the person in question.

Axl Rose took heroin before, used to go on weekend benders with it, for some reason though he doesn't get the same treatment. Unless it's the suicidal aspect that worries you guy. 'He's not well, what a bastard!'. Alls i can say is i hope none of you have children.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

I read that when Burroughs and Cobain got together, the subject of drugs never came up, which is kind of surprising. Burroughs told Thurston Moore after Cobain's death that he didn't understand why Kurt would kill himself.

They obviously didn't know what his mom looked like *L*

I dunno, why do you try and act all hard and cynical when you look like a 3 foot munchkin whoose organs would fail if i slapped her? :lol:

i dunno, why do you think you know what i look like?? :nervous::nervous:

I read that when Burroughs and Cobain got together, the subject of drugs never came up, which is kind of surprising. Burroughs told Thurston Moore after Cobain's death that he didn't understand why Kurt would kill himself.

Willy said that boy frowns for no good reason.

But he also said the orgon box he showed Kurt contributed to his suicide. It's some weird box that re energies cells. I'm not sure if that's what Bill thought helped him with his problem.

There was a story that Kurt and Dylan his friend got one and were using it. Whether Bill thought it gave him false hope or made think he could use it and take a ton more I don't know.

Watching the new doc right now. The home movie footage is interesting.

I'm surprised that there is a Cobain sycophant on a GnR board.

I liked Nirvana, but I really didn't care for Cobain through the years of his childish shit in regards to GnR.

But he also said the orgon box he showed Kurt contributed to his suicide. It's some weird box that re energies cells. I'm not sure if that's what Bill thought helped him with his problem.

There was a story that Kurt and Dylan his friend got one and were using it. Whether Bill thought it gave him false hope or made think he could use it and take a ton more I don't know.

Always wanted one of them orgone accumulators.

What does it do? Cleanse the molecules?

Not sure where I heard him talk about it in relation to Cobain. A documentary. Nick Broomfield or a Burroughs doc.

Finallyand most dangerouslyhe claimed that the orgasm was an expression of orgone, the joy-filled force of life itself. With phone-booth-sized devices called orgone accumulators he could harness this force to cure neurosis, disease and even affect the weather and help crops grow.

I think maybe I read about Kurt/Dylan using the box in Heavier than Heaven.

So I guess it would be to cure the body of damage from leisure activities.

What does it do? Cleanse the molecules?

Not sure where I heard him talk about it in relation to Cobain. A documentary. Nick Broomfield or a Burroughs doc.

I'm not entirely sure, the principle has something to do with this idea that Burroughs had regarding junk and kicking junk and the process of replacing junk dependent cells with fresh ones and he surmised that if one could keep oneself constantly in that state of flux, that regenerative state then you could live a very long time and the orgone accumulator i think was some kind of fuckin'...whats the word I'm looking for, synthesised way of achieving that regenerative state. Something like that, thats what i read what the real idea behind it.

There's a good docu on Burroughs called A Man Within which you should really check out.

I might have seen it. I saw one where Terry Southern, Ginsberg and his boy toy assistant are all there in his bunker.

I have a feeling A man within came out after that.

Weird thing is he shot himself on heroin. That takes some doing. When you feel like that you aren't going to do that. Maybe that was the crazy statement. Like he was trying to kill heroin.

Thing with drugs is though they make you feel good the back of your mind you know its the drug doing it and you're not actually feeling good in the real sense of the word, its how people do acid without going crazy, yes you hallucinate but at the same time you know its the drug making you do it, so its more than possible to top yourself on heroin.

What scares me is the 3 times the lethal dose thing. Probably the lads last bit of energy in him.

Fuckssake Kurt :(

I think Kurt took a lethal overdose, but the gun was to make sure this was it for him.

Eric wrote imaginary letters to Kurt and made a book out of it.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eric-erlandson-talks-about-letters-to-kurt-20120408

"I admit, I made some stupid mistakes with some people, and people are dead because of my stupid mistakes. That’s what I want to say."
I also wonder if Tommy Stinson had any history with Courtney because she had been in bands in Minneapolis in the late 80s.
Edited by dalsh327

Was in Seattle this week, so I figured how appropriate to watch it there. Couldn't get through it - one of the most boring documentaries I've ever seen. Kurt wrote some really great songs; but his personal life, not so great or interesting at all.

It's a bit of a white wash as they didn't really go into the problems in the band, even reduced marriage down to one imaginary fight. Dylan claims Courtney treated Kurt poorly, rumors of Kurt going solo or quitting, Courtney's affairs, Kurt not liking Grolh, the whole intervention that led to his suicide was left out, Kurt not wanting to go back on tour, his junkie acquiatances who claimed he soley hung around with. Among many other departures from normative documentary filmmaking.

It was more of a funeral send off with Courtney applying some Dakota building mythology.

Was in Seattle this week, so I figured how appropriate to watch it there. Couldn't get through it - one of the most boring documentaries I've ever seen. Kurt wrote some really great songs; but his personal life, not so great or interesting at all.

I wanted to see more about his actual song writing process etc. Although this showed a more "human" side to Kurt and that's cool, I didn't get what I was hoping the documentary would be.