Kurt Cobain Mocks Missing GNR Tour

Kurt Cobain Mocks Missing Guns N’ Roses Tour, Talks Dancing With Axl Rose

by Brett Buchanan -

Apr 29, 2015

In Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck, Kurt Cobain is shown mocking the idea of being high on heroin with Courtney Love, sarcastically shaking while he jokes about missing a tour with Guns N’ Roses.

“At the height of their drug abuse. Damn, if I wasn’t so needle sick id be on tour with Guns N’ Roses right now. Me and Axl would be whooping it up, snake dancing.” He added, “But I’m too god damn needle sick man.”

Cobain takes several more sarcastic pot shots at GNR in the film. At one point Courtney Love asks Kurt, “Why do you think everyone says you’re the good one and I’m the bad one?” Kurt responds, “Because i know how to use my illusion.” There is later a part where Kurt and Courtney are doing baby talk with Frances Bean, and though he is not visible, it appears that Kurt goes into a joke voice talking about Guns N’ Roses and Nirvana: “Nirvana, who the fuck do you think you are? seeing your interviews makes me think you guys are the most immature pieces of trash ever made. if you assholes could ever write anything that could close to anything guns n roses have written, maybe you could talk. but until you sell a few billion more albums, take your head out of your asses, and smell the air.”

http://www.alternativenation.net/kurt-cobain-mocks-missing-guns-n-roses-tour-talks-dancing-with-axl-rose/

lol who gives two flying fucks what kurt had to say :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I do cuz the man was a fuckin' champion and worth a million of anybody around nowadays. Certainly worth a million Axl Roses. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, he came up in an era of a million Axl Roses and uh...less said about the career of those Axl Roses after he came the better ;)

I love Kurt Cobain and i will til my dying days. Champion lad. And just cuz we're on a GnR forum don't make the grass blue and the sky green.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

Axl and Kurt weren't that different from each other, but at least Kurt's upbringing has been out there in public, this is the first time we actually see footage of that time in his life and the family opening up about it. Frances being behind it (even though she didn't direct it) and Courtney being a participant and not a producer makes it a brutally honest story. Jack Osbourne's documentary was the same way - they got into stuff that wouldn't have been in a documentary by "outsiders".

When things got really big for them, they both handled it badly.

Edited by dalsh327

If Metallica & Guns N' Roses and the edgier type of bands in the late 80's hadn't come along, Nirvana would have never made it. Kurt was immensely talented, I just hated the way he publicity hated on bands like Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains (Facelift released before Nevermind had possibly the best grunge sound of the era) Guns, and whoever...the fan's decide what to listen to, you don't decide & influence them.

Axl and Kurt weren't that different from each other, but at least Kurt's upbringing has been out there in public, this is the first time we actually see footage of that time in his life and the family opening up about it. Frances being behind it (even though she didn't direct it) and Courtney being a participant and not a producer makes it a brutally honest story. Jack Osbourne's documentary was the same way - they got into stuff that wouldn't have been in a documentary by "outsiders".

I disagree, Kurt handled the madness of his position in the culture with the only thing any right minded person would, with utter bewilderment and a healthy dose of contempt.

lol who gives two flying fucks what kurt had to say :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I do cuz the man was a fuckin' champion and worth a million of anybody around nowadays. Certainly worth a million Axl Roses. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, he came up in an era of a million Axl Roses and uh...less said about the career of those Axl Roses after he came the better ;)

I love Kurt Cobain and i will til my dying days. Champion lad. And just cuz we're on a GnR forum don't make the grass blue and the sky green.

Exactly

So that is why your statement about how Kurt worth more than a million Axl Roses is certainly untrue and therefore should be laughed at...

I'm not denying that Kurt had more impact on rock music than Axl, but Axl was the better singer

Boring. A rockstar who has been dead for 20+ years making lame jokes about Axl. Yawn.

In defense of Kurt, he wasn't tarnished his legacy, his band etc. like Axl did

I disagree, Kurt handled the madness of his position in the culture with the only thing any right minded person would, with utter bewilderment and a healthy dose of contempt.

and he blew his brain out :lol:

It's a good way to become a legend forever, though

Easier than deal with your problems and live

lol

As much as he is regarded so highly nowadays, Nirvana/Kurt felt like the type of band that put all their rock sauce into the one album, and were gonna just keep producing increasingly inferior versions of that in the subsequent years. Kind of like Axl. I think Kurt's death spared the world from that, and hey, it freed Dave Grohl to move on to bigger things.

As much as he is regarded so highly nowadays, Nirvana/Kurt felt like the type of band that put all their rock sauce into the one album, and were gonna just keep producing increasingly inferior versions of that in the subsequent years. Kind of like Axl. I think Kurt's death spared the world from that, and hey, it freed Dave Grohl to move on to bigger things.

Its possible but at the same time Kurt made a point of In Utero being the last of his rock n roll albums.

As far as rivalries, that's typical rock band stuff when they're young. I just think Axl offering bands he liked an opportunity to play to the GNR audience was generous on his part but sometimes it didn't work, like NIN, but that was Pretty Hate Machine NIN, not Broken or Downward Spiral NIN, he might as well have asked the Village People to open.

I never understood Kurt's sort of obsession with Guns, specially with Axl Rose. How did it start? Did Axl say something about Kurt? Or Nirvana just wanted to make fun of Guns? I don't get it.

Think it was Nirvana rejecting tour offer and repeated jokes about GnR & Axl. And in the middle of it all not one mention of Dave Groul's teeth looking like a garden rake.

The feud GNR-Nirvana was a big deal in the 90's so it's obvious they were going to use it to promote this film.

Kurt Cobain was a drug addict and that's all there is to him. He found in Axl a way to appear 'cooler than cool' and solidify the grunge culture of "I don't give a fuck about anything and u can go fuck yourself".

I don't know why he thought he was much different from Axl.

The feud GNR-Nirvana was a big deal in the 90's so it's obvious they were going to use it to promote this film.

Kurt Cobain was a drug addict and that's all there is to him. He found in Axl a way to appear 'cooler than cool' and solidify the grunge culture of "I don't give a fuck about anything and u can go fuck yourself".

The idea that you think attaching Axls name to this would promote it is absolutely ridiculous. This documentary is massive and the build up to it has been massive, it does not need Axl Roses name to promote it nor was Axls name part of what made it massive, if anything its probably done Axls name some favours.

• Like 1

The media puts Kurt in the bracket of Buckley, Morrison, Hendrix etc. There's no mention of Nirvana struggling to sell out shows in 93, I can't understand why he chose to leave Francis.

Kurt took offense at Axl's homophobia and racism in One in a Million, and you have to remember that Guns were putting out pompous videos like November Rain when Nirvana broke. In general though, Kurt prided himself on being anti-rock star. Axl epitomises rock star diva behaviour with arriving late and talking a load of nonsense and other things. So he was a natural target.

Kurt took offense at Axl's homophobia and racism in One in a Million, and you have to remember that Guns were putting out pompous videos like November Rain when Nirvana broke. In general though, Kurt prided himself on being anti-rock star. Axl epitomises rock star diva behaviour with arriving late and talking a load of nonsense and other things. So he was a natural target.

Yeah, makes sense

It's hilarious that on two topics OIAM was popped up

I think here, in this topic is more relevant than on the Indonesian letter topic

Funny enough, I watched this last night on Blu-ray. Well made, given the limited source material. The film ends with text mentioning Cobain's death, which works better than the predictable news flashes, news paper reports, footage of distraught fans, which the film makers could have included, if only to bulk out the film further.

When it comes to guitar's, sure Slash provided Gn'R with a massive edge. Compare Nirvana to Gn'R material from the same era, and Gn'R's sound has aged massively. Nirvana's Nevermind and In Utero still sound as good now as they did back then.