Kurt Cobain Mocks Missing GNR Tour

Ah I get it

Yes, i noticed you were struggling.

you're just another tool looking to get reactions

Yes, a reaction is an essential function of discourse, without a reaction it's called talking to yourself.

Go home!

Walk me home.

wimps and posers

Well as long as there's a hardman like you about to put me in my place no one need worry eh Rambo? :lol: What you gonna do, type me to death, write in capslock? :lol:

Me making a joke about Axl being fat means I'm looking for reactions but you making a joke of Kurts death absolves you of similar accusations? See the inconsistency? So tell me, does this mean you're a wimp and a posuer too? Or just a fucking twat? :lol:

Where exactly did I joke about Kurts death?

I think the post went 'and then he blew his brains out :lol:'.

And I'm not a "hard man" anymore than you are calling out someone you've never met

I never made one reference to fighting, violence, bravery, cowardice or anything alluding to any kind of physical imposition on another. You did, which is why i was ridiculing you in that fashion.

we both know that you would act like a beatle-mania esque schoolgirl (screaming and pissing your pants)

In 06 i had the misfortune to be a few yards from him in Hammersmith, Moses at the burning it was not, trust me :lol:

if you met Axl in person and that you definitely wouldn't have the balls to tell him that he's a paddington cunt (

Why, is he a hard man like you? :lol: OK, i'll just behave myself then. I wouldn't want you to show me your balls or something :lol:

The feud GNR-Nirvana was a big deal in the 90's so it's obvious they were going to use it to promote this film.

Kurt Cobain was a drug addict and that's all there is to him. He found in Axl a way to appear 'cooler than cool' and solidify the grunge culture of "I don't give a fuck about anything and u can go fuck yourself".

I don't know why he thought he was much different from Axl.

I feel the same way. I loved Nirvana's albums, but his hating on Gn'R was so obviously a gimmick.

Or, maybe, he just didn't like Axl and what the Ilusions era GnR stood for?

Just because we all love GnR's music doesn't mean that the rest of the world idolizes Axl as well.

You dont have to repeat yourself in every post about how not everybody likes Axl. We know.

I'm not stupid or an idiot as you may think.

And what you're saying doesn't contradict what we are saying. It is obvious he didn't like Axl's lifestyle, he was against it and he used all that to feed and fuel the grunge movement.

It's neither good or bad, it's just the way it is.

Simmer down, you get so riled up over everything.

I was replying to the person I replied to - not to you.

Who said you were stupid or an idiot?

You guys think Kurt had an agenda. I think he was just being honest.

PEOPLE - not every debate has to be an argument. Jeez. It's OK to have a friendly disagreement.

PEOPLE - not every debate has to be an argument. Jeez. It's OK to have a friendly disagreement." That's another thing you keep repeating. I mean come on. I think I will post Axl is the greatest ever singer in every thread from now on

Try and stick to the actual facts, and to what people actually say. Thanks.

Impossible. These people never learn. They're allergic to facts.

Where did I say Kurt has an agenda?

Just because we all love GnR's music doesn't mean that the rest of the world idolizes Axl as well.

Well said. People usually forget that.

And they can't have a normal discussion with people about Axl without getting angry and resorting to name calling. It's weird.

You and I disagree on the quality of CD. I think it's awesome, you don't. But we don't sit around and insult each other about it. I don't take great personal offense because you don't like something that Axl did, like I'm a relative of his or something.

Yeah, ever since I joined this forum you have expressed your love for CD and I have expressed my disappointment and dissatisfaction. According to the lunatics too afraid of discussing the facts, we should have torn each other's apart, but we haven't. Weird.

Why are you asking me? Where did I say you said that?

I expect quality posts from now on.

You dont have to repeat yourself in every post about how not everybody likes Axl. We know.

And what you're saying doesn't contradict what we are saying. It is obvious he didn't like Axl's lifestyle, he was against it and he used all that to feed and fuel the grunge movement.

PEOPLE - not every debate has to be an argument. Jeez. It's OK to have a friendly disagreement.

You quoted me so I think you are talking to me as well. If you don't want me to reply then don't quote me. (I'm gonna reply anyway if it has to do with what i previously said)

You didn't SAY I am stupid or an idiot by you imply it when you come to "remind us" that Axl is not idolized by everyone.

Why do you have to remind us about it? Do you SERIOUSLY think we think that way?

I don't think Kurt had an agenda. I never said he did. I said he saw in Axl the representation of what he didn't like about rocknroll and picked him as a target of his mockeries and jokes to teach his followers how uncool it was to be like Axl and how cool it was to be grunge.

I'm not argueing, I'm debating.

It's all cool with you and you know it but don't play games with furry crazy animals like me ;)

Edited by tinyrobot

Well said. People usually forget that.

And they can't have a normal discussion with people about Axl without getting angry and resorting to name calling. It's weird.

You and I disagree on the quality of CD. I think it's awesome, you don't. But we don't sit around and insult each other about it. I don't take great personal offense because you don't like something that Axl did, like I'm a relative of his or something.

Yeah, ever since I joined this forum you have expressed your love for CD and I have express my disappointment and dissatisfaction. According to the lunatics too afraid of discussing the facts, we should have teared each other's apart, but we haven't. Weird.

I didn't ask you

The feud GNR-Nirvana was a big deal in the 90's so it's obvious they were going to use it to promote this film.

Kurt Cobain was a drug addict and that's all there is to him. He found in Axl a way to appear 'cooler than cool' and solidify the grunge culture of "I don't give a fuck about anything and u can go fuck yourself".

I feel the same way. I loved Nirvana's albums, but his hating on Gn'R was so obviously a gimmick.

I can agree with that, however I feel that if a person really dislikes someone or something, one doesn't constantly talk about the subject. In fact, I would think that Kurt would have had better things to do. Maybe, I don't know.

I didn't ask you

You quoted me. :facepalm:

PEOPLE - not every debate has to be an argument. Jeez. It's OK to have a friendly disagreement." That's another thing you keep repeating. I mean come on. I think I will post Axl is the greatest ever singer in every thread from now on

Weird argument, but OK.

Thankfully, you aren't in charge of what people can and can't post.

If you think I repeat myself, or you don't like what I post - here is a simply solution. Put me on ignore?

I can't really say anything about your posting history, as this is the first time I've ever noticed your screen name or who you are. I love it when somebody has anger issues about me and I have no idea who they are.

Here is a friendly suggestion though - maybe try and keep your posts related to the actual topic instead of just attacking other forum members? And maybe realize that not everybody is going to agree with you and it's nothing to get boiled up over.

I didn't ask you

You quoted me. :facepalm:

Dude, you can't win. Almost better to just ignore and not even try.

Some people are just itching for a fight and not interested in normal discussion. :shrugs:

Didn't Axl tell Cobain that he was gonna kick his ass at the VMA's? The year when Nirvana performed and Grohl kept saying at the end of their song "Hi Axl!!"...

Crazy egomaniac rock stars having a beef with each other. I'm sure they all think it was ridiculous now.

Who would win in a brawl in the back alley at the Whiskey - Axl, Kurt and Vince! Which guy would walk out the winner? (If Kurt was alive, of course!)

Weird argument, but OK.

If you think I repeat myself, or you don't like what I post - here is a simply solution. Put me on ignore?

I can't really say anything about your posting history, as this is the first time I've ever noticed your screen name or who you are. I love it when somebody has anger issues about me and I have no idea who they are.

Here is a friendly suggestion though - maybe try and keep your posts related to the actual topic instead of just attacking other forum members? And maybe realize that not everybody is going to agree with you and it's nothing to get boiled up over.

Lol Apollo,

Your ignore suggestion you keep repeating as well. I have nothing against your views and opinions, but an honest question: Why the need to keep repeating it?

You quoted me so I think you are talking to me as well. If you don't want me to reply then don't quote me. (I'm gonna reply anyway if it has to do with what i previously said)

You didn't SAY I am stupid or an idiot by you imply it when you come to "remind us" that Axl is not idolized by everyone.

Why do you have to remind us about it? Do you SERIOUSLY think we think that way?

I don't think Kurt had an agenda. I never said he did. I said he saw in Axl the representation of what he didn't like about rocknroll and picked him as a target of his mockeries and jokes to teach his followers how uncool it was to be like Axl and how cool it was to be grunge.

It's all cool with you and you know it but don't play games with furry crazy animals like me ;)

I just wanna rub your little tummy!!!!!

I was replying to the LAST person in a line of quotes - I don't know how to erase all the prior ones, if the last person is quoting other people.

Didn't Axl tell Cobain that he was gonna kick his ass at the VMA's? The year when Nirvana performed and Grohl kept saying at the end of their song "Hi Axl!!"...

Crazy egomaniac rock stars having a beef with each other. I'm sure they all think it was ridiculous now.

Who would win in a brawl in the back alley at the Whiskey - Axl, Kurt and Vince! Which guy would walk out the winner? (If Kurt was alive, of course!)

I bet Axl still has Cobain on that ridiculous list of his

I think Cobain would just laugh about Axl getting angry over the things he said about him. He probably wanted to get a reaction from him, and he did.

I was replying to the LAST person in a line of quotes - I don't know how to erase all the prior ones, if the last person is quoting other people.

Just what I did. Hmmmm....

Hey, Richard Nixon had one, why not? :lol:

Also, it kinda makes people go 'whys he calling him out' but people from that generation that remember that shit also remember that Axl was kinda like the go-to figure for ridicule amongst a certain community, just an easy target, it's all very offhand generally, the stuff in the movie. Anyone who was properly into Metal for instance, Metallers, proper Metallers, fuckin' hate not only Axl but GnR. In punk type circles they were just laughed at. In one of the instances he's as much self-deprecating as taking the piss out of Axl.

Kurt actually said that he thought they had a lot in common with GnR, the song Aero Zeppelin he said to be about bands like them and GnR.

When you get that kinda diva stereotype that Axl has, in rock n roll circles in them days you tended to get the piss taken out of you. It's not like he was some hate figure, he was just thought of as a bit silly. You don't tend to get that shit from males in rock bands much anymore, in new ones cuz it's just so outdated now, it's such a cliche that people can't...pull it off themselves or be taken seriously whilst doing it.

I guess it made for great tales for a certain period there, early 70s, crazy stories about The Who or Zep but by the late 80s it was looking increasingly foolish to everyone, although punk and people in punk circles had been saying that shit for ten years previous. These days society in general agrees, people ain't buying that shit anymore.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

It's a bit annoying to do it but it saves some problems..

You just select the quotes from others and delete but you gotta be careful of not breaking teh quote code or it ends up a mess.

• Like 1

Weird argument, but OK.

Lol Apollo,

Your ignore suggestion you keep repeating as well. I have nothing against your views and opinions, but an honest question: Why the need to keep repeating it?

One album in 23 years, bro.

Everybody on here repeats themselves constantly. For some reason you chose to call me out on it, when every regular posters does the same thing. :shrugs: It is impossible to talk about a band that is as inactive as GnR is without repeating yourself.

AND, something you might not have thought of, is that I'm not talking to the SAME PERSON in every conversation. I might tell you that I love CD today - and then be in a completely different topic six months from now having a discussion with a different person - does that mean I can't tell that NEW person that I love CD?

Your complaint would really only make sense if you were talking about the same topic with the same people in it. But you are pulling your info from 100s of topics that involve conversations with a 100 different people.

Weird argument, but OK.

Lol Apollo,

One album in 23 years, bro.

Everybody on here repeats themselves constantly. For some reason you chose to call me out on it, when every regular posters does the same thing. :shrugs: It is impossible to talk about a band that is as inactive as GnR is without repeating yourself.

AND, something you might not have thought of, is that I'm not talking to the SAME PERSON in every conversation. I might tell you that I love CD today - and then be in a completely different topic six months from now having a discussion with a different person - does that mean I can't tell that NEW person that I love CD?

Your complaint would really only make sense if you were talking about the same topic with the same people in it. But you are pulling your info from 100s of topics that involve conversations with a 100 different people.

I like a lot of your posts Apollo, and I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I just find the endless repeating over and over again unnecessary. At least think about it. Maybe you can become an even better poster than what you are at the moment. I didn't pick on just you, but that has been deleted now. I guess you missed it?

PEACE :)

Edited by seagullview

I couldn't care less what Axl Rose & Kurt Cobain think/thought of each other unless it affected their art. I love the living shit out of both In Utero & UYI, the two latest works from both artists as their feud was in full swing. I never listen to In Utero thinking about what Kurt thought as Axl and vice versa.

I couldn't care less what Axl Rose & Kurt Cobain think/thought of each other unless it affected their art. I love the living shit out of both In Utero & UYI, the two latest works from both artists as their feud was in full swing. I never listen to In Utero thinking about what Kurt thought as Axl and vice versa.

In the end, it's all about the music!

• Like 2