Kurt Cobain Mocks Missing GNR Tour

Axl threatened Cobain in front of his wife and baby. Classy dude.

That's how Axl Rose operates, he's all talk but scared of taking any action.

"I'll kick your ass like I said that I would" - Yeah, sure buddy. Sure. :jerkoff:

I don't know he floored that reporter in LAX pretty good, right or wrong. Jumped into the crowd at St Louis and and slapped that dude. Kurt probably went white when Axl threatened him, confronted him there and then, talk shit now sort of thing. Courtney knew what she was doing trying to get a raise outta him. Duff had the last laugh tipping Kris over in that porta potti :lol:

He didn't. LAX incident is proof that Axl is a coward. What kind of punch is that? :rofl-lol: I highly doubt Kurt was scared when Axl threatened him, as he continued to shit on him, mocking him nonstop.

We can debate all night..but makes us keyboard warriors right? :lol: I don't know heroin junkies..don't have control of there own bowels.

It's not up for debate, the footage is clear. Maybe Axl was a badass to you. :lol:

The dude's God, nuff said!

I'm sorry for you.

Not sorry for me...

"I'll kick your ass like I said that I would" - Yeah, sure buddy. Sure. :jerkoff:

I don't know he floored that reporter in LAX pretty good, right or wrong. Jumped into the crowd at St Louis and and slapped that dude. Kurt probably went white when Axl threatened him, confronted him there and then, talk shit now sort of thing. Courtney knew what she was doing trying to get a raise outta him. Duff had the last laugh tipping Kris over in that porta potti :lol:

He didn't. LAX incident is proof that Axl is a coward. What kind of punch is that? :rofl-lol: I highly doubt Kurt was scared when Axl threatened him, as he continued to shit on him, mocking him nonstop.

We can debate all night..but makes us keyboard warriors right? :lol: I don't know heroin junkies..don't have control of there own bowels.

It's not up for debate, the footage is clear. Maybe Axl was a badass to you. :lol:

The dude's God, nuff said!

I'm sorry for you.

Not sorry for me...

:headbang:

I don't know he floored that reporter in LAX pretty good, right or wrong. Jumped into the crowd at St Louis and and slapped that dude. Kurt probably went white when Axl threatened him, confronted him there and then, talk shit now sort of thing.

Posts like this make me think that you are really just messing with the rest of us.

This is a complete joke post - right?

You don't seriously believe that. You just posted that as a goof......please say "yes" and that you don't really believe it.

I don't know he floored that reporter in LAX pretty good, right or wrong. Jumped into the crowd at St Louis and and slapped that dude. Kurt probably went white when Axl threatened him, confronted him there and then, talk shit now sort of thing.

So he went for two people that clearly didn't want to fight. What about Bob Guccione Jnr? Or Vince Neil? People that actually wanted it? Yeah, exactly :lol:
The famous story he tells about Izzy getting sucker punched, he saw three of em right after that and by all accounts he did do shit but talk.
Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

So he went for two people that clearly didn't want to fight. What about Bob Guccione Jnr? Or Vince Neil? People that actually wanted it? Yeah, exactly :lol:
The famous story he tells about Izzy getting sucker punched, he saw three of em right after that and by all accounts he did do shit but talk.

Pure propaganda.

Pure propaganda.

Yeah, always is on fan forums :lol:

Pure propaganda.

Pound for pound Axl has gotta be the baddest ass. I'm not saying he's the Bruce Lee of Scotland, but he's not far.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Pure propaganda.

Pound for pound Axl has gotta be the baddest ass. I'm not saying he's Bruce Lee level, but he's not far.

I think that concludes our business here, thank you for your time sir :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

Pure propaganda.

Pound for pound Axl has gotta be the baddest ass. I'm not saying he's Bruce Lee level, but he's not far.

I think that concludes our business here, thank you for your time sir :lol:

You're welcome.

To be fair, I am a scientist.

Overall, I respect the way Axl took the high road in this feud. No matter what you may think of one or the other as artists, clealry Axl comes across as the classier person, the bigger man if you will, in the context of this conflict.

They were provoking him to say the least. But yeah Axl has a way with words.

But in regards to Slash he hasn't called him a lesbian fuck head or anything. A bunch of bad cops isn't that offensive.

Overall, I respect the way Axl took the high road in this feud. No matter what you may think of one or the other as artists, clealry Axl comes across as the classier person, the bigger man if you will, in the context of this conflict.

They were provoking him to say the least. But yeah Axl has a way with words.

But in regards to Slash he hasn't called him a lesbian fuck head or anything. A bunch of bad cops isn't that offensive.

I reread Serpico recently and I can definitely see where Axl was coming from when he made the self-comparison. Being the hero really makes you the villain when you survived such a treacherous sea of corruption. There's a hefty price to be paid for integrity.

Edited by Mr. Dude

And even though this has been posted a million times, NIrvana's rant about Axl (we know Duff and Krist became good friends but it lays out what they didn't like about Guns N' Roses).

Kinda cringe a little bit at them bashing the "establishment" I get that's their gimmick, but it's been done.

Blackie, with such a finely tuned sense of the ridiculous, how do you not find 90% of metal laughable? I'm not trying to be rude either, serious question, I mean its very hammy and theatrical generally, don't you think? Or do you find the sort of Young Ones politics to be more cringeworthy than the idea of theatrics, which I suppose you can argue are a part of entertainment performances generally.

It's a tried and true method of getting over with the fans, especially once you have a bit of traction. It's how some fighters try to maneuver their way to a top spot, but insulting the top dog and goading them into saying something back, suddenly this scrappy new guy is in a main event for a bazillion dollar purse on pay per view. Wouldn't be surprised if this got orchestrated by Geffen's management/marketing.

Honestly, i don't think Kurt Cobain had the marketing brains to do something like that.

As i said previously, within certain circles GnR were considered a joke in those days, the soft target, easy pickings for 'x' alternative or punk band to rag on. I'm suprised this is news to you, every metaller i ever met, hardcore metaller here, not your average Metalica fan, they founds GnR ridiculous. Glam too, taking it in terms of the era but GnR specifically, being a metaller, Christ they were like a joke in them days and in much the same way that, for punk circles, Axl/GnR were to go to pisstake band, the big dogs of the era.

And thats not me having a pop at GnR either, I mean in the 70s with The Pistols it was Rod Stewart or Queen, it's hardly a cynical marketing technique it's just offhand bullshit.

No one gave two shits about some supposed Nirvana/GnR feud in them days, it got a couple of little sidebars and that was it, it weren't some big thing nor did Nirvana gain any attention as a result of it.

The basic skinny on the shit is like this, Nirvana come up, they blow up, they become huge and they find themselves being put in a category and they felt the need (something they later admitted to being stupid) to differentiate themselves from people that they considered themselves to have nothing to do with. The whole 'we don't want a bunch of GnR fans at our gigs' thing. And thats what that was about, drawing a line in the sand and letting it be known that we're kinda of that...Devo ilk, Sonic Youth ilk, thats our thing, not GnR or Metallica and then attendant stereotypes and mentalities that were typically associated with being to do with those types of...bands/music etc.

Kurt came up from a scene that was really quite militantly lo-fi and anti-commercial and though he didn't necessarily make that kind of music he was in love with that shit politically speaking and like...this is reflected in the types of benefits and charities they did gigs for, ones that are kinda oppositical to what was considered the Axl Rose tao if you like. So...y'know, I guess it could've been an idea worth entertaining, that it was all a cynical marketing scheme but it was a thing continued by Cobain in a lot of different senses.

Kurt was CONSTANTLY going on about feminism, about equality, amongst gender, amongst race, these things were seriously important to him and he wanted his shit to reflect that and it did, with songs like Rape Me and all that, he's making a point.

And that i think was his main problem with Axl Rose, in terms of...he was kinda horrified i think, that someone like Axl Rose could listen to his music and like it because, according to the Kurt mentality, if someone like Axl (someone he considered a racist homophobic bigot) can listen to his music and get something out of it then there must be something wrong with the way he communicates his message because if a bigot is getting something from it then there must be something wrong about it.

I recall him saying in an interview that perhaps Polly or About A Girl were...not clear enough in the message they were trying to convey, hence the need for something as heavy-handed as Rape Me (which still got fuckin' misinterpreted, well done Kurt :lol:) The idea being basically that 'hang on, Axl Rose heard this and LIKED it? Mr 'Immigrants and F@ggots heard this and LIKED it? Well he must be missing the point somewhere'.

And thats what the initial clarification stuff was about, why they weren't proud of having a bunch of GnR fans listening to their music...because they came from a scene that specifically rejected that shit. Every single mention in the documentary that so much shit is being made out of, he's as much taking the piss out of himself there than he is of Axl.

It's not just a music that Kurt represented, it was a whole mentality, a lifestyle, a way of being.

As Gene simmons said, any musician that pretends to not care about money is a liar and beware of that person. Kurt talking about the mainstream with distain is hilarious! he was the mainstream, he made a record that the mainstream loved... which had a lot to do with the sound of the mix as well the songwriting (someone in the band made that call, to have a slick sounding record). Everybody talks about him not trying to be famous or not having the know how to spin the media or create a cultivated image, but in the same sentence they talk about how smart this guy was. He wanted fame he got, he bitched and moaned every minute of it because he couldn't handle it (that's the long and short of it).

In the film they talk about him hating "bullies" yet, when he found himself in place of power he became a just that, if it wasn't GnR, he was swiping at Metallica, if it wasn't them it was Pearl Jam or Soundgarden... funny how he took digs at all the big bands and never a smaller band... maybe it was on purpose, maybe he did it so his band was the "cool, hip, underground, anti-establishment' band and the others were "just in it for money and fame".

He was an elitist, and people put him on a pedestal because of how he signed off. He wasn't any better or worse than any of the other bands he took swipes at, but in his head he believed all other bands were made by the establishment while his band were the only one's who came up the grass roots way.

As Gene simmons said, any musician that pretends to not care about money is a liar and beware of that person.

Well then Genes a fucking moron, isn't he? Someone should point out to Gene that there's been music for as long as human history and there has only been an industry surrounding music which only really took off in terms of high profitability in the 50s.

Kurt talking about the mainstream with distain is hilarious! he was the mainstream, he made a record that the mainstream loved... which had a lot to do with the sound of the mix as well the songwriting (someone in the band made that call, to have a slick sounding record).

No, he JOINED the mainstream, he was not a creation of the mainstream, there was a Nirvana on Sub Pop in the late 80s touring Bleach across the world. And anyway, Kurt specifically stated that he LOVED pop music and wanted to make pop music and that pop music was his interest. New Wave too, which was like the commercial face of punk. So where you get these ideas i don't know. They left Sub Pop because, basically, they wanted to be heard and the way you get heard is by major label distribution, he explicitly stated this, ending with '99% of the rest of what goes on at mainstream record labels is a bunch of bullshit'.

And where does this notion come from that you have to be unattached to something to be qualified to criticise it, I would've thought an underground band that then went mainstream would be best qualified for such critique, having seen both sides of the coin.

Everybody talks about him not trying to be famous

Really? I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Nirvana went out of their way to get a mainstream record label deal. Well out of their way, they courted that shit.

not having the know how to spin the media or create a cultivated image, but in the same sentence they talk about how smart this guy was.

So not being inclined towards spin-manipulation is equivalent to lacking intellect? Thats certainly a novel way of looking at it.

He wanted fame he got, he bitched and moaned every minute of it because he couldn't handle it (that's the long and short of it).

Right, now name me a big band who didn't do the very same. Beatles did, Stones are doing in retrospect, Axl Rose certainly did. Although i agree with your statement here, i think it's wholly accurate.

In the film they talk about him hating "bullies"

Do they? I don't recall that.

yet, when he found himself in place of power he became a just that, if it wasn't GnR, he was swiping at Metallica, if it wasn't them it was Pearl Jam or Soundgarden

In almost all of those instances he was criticising himself as much as anyone, he actually said Nirvana and GnR were similar as bands in that they were rehashes of an established 70s way of doing things. Pearl Jam he was really friendly with actually, he just said he didn't like their music...i call that being honest.

Seriously now, Kurt was bullying Hetfield, Ulrich, Axl Rose, all these guys? Do me a favour :lol:

funny how he took digs at all the big bands and never a smaller band... maybe it was on purpose

:lol:

So, in critiquing the execess and gluttony of big mainstream rock bands he should've attacked...uh,, smaller bands? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

and people put him on a pedestal because of how he signed off.

Nope, he was there well before.

He wasn't any better or worse than any of the other bands he took swipes at, but in his head he believed all other bands were made by the establishment while his band were the only one's who came up the grass roots way.

Wrong again, he was more scathing in his criticism for himself and his band than just about any other band he ever spoke about, he called them limited, said his lyrics were lazy, Jesus, he was so self critical that his bands signature t shirt had 'KITTY PETTING BABY KISSING FLOWER SNIFFIN CORPORATE ROCK WHORES' on the back...hows that for a swipe?

What drew the major labels to Seattle were Alice in Chains and Soundgarden.

There's a lot of artists who have been on both sides of the coin and they're all going to have different stories. GNR easily could have been on an indie label but they wanted to be heard. Same reasoning RATM had. Rappers had a love/hate relationship with majors. In Dr Dre's case - look where he's at. Or Diddy and Jay-Z. They're moguls.

You also had noncommercial bands like Ministry, Butthole Surfers, Sonic Youth, and Flaming Lips being signed to major labels. Janes Addiction - can't forget them - were very noncommercial. Henry Rollins could talk the pros and cons of majors and indies, so could Beck.

But the older artists wind up in the indie world -established artists who have been around for decades, because the major labels only see money in the back catalog, not new music. Country and heavy metal probably have the highest amount of those artists. Maybe some of them make a comeback, and show up playing Glastonbury and Coachella. Kenny Rogers, Tom Jones and Dolly Parton were pretty big, but they're playing club gigs that tribute bands pack.

As Gene simmons said, any musician that pretends to not care about money is a liar and beware of that person.

Well then Genes a fucking moron, isn't he? Someone should point out to Gene that there's been music for as long as human history and there has only been an industry surrounding music which only really took off in terms of high profitability in the 50s.

Kurt talking about the mainstream with distain is hilarious! he was the mainstream, he made a record that the mainstream loved... which had a lot to do with the sound of the mix as well the songwriting (someone in the band made that call, to have a slick sounding record).

No, he JOINED the mainstream, he was not a creation of the mainstream, there was a Nirvana on Sub Pop in the late 80s touring Bleach across the world. And anyway, Kurt specifically stated that he LOVED pop music and wanted to make pop music and that pop music was his interest. New Wave too, which was like the commercial face of punk. So where you get these ideas i don't know. They left Sub Pop because, basically, they wanted to be heard and the way you get heard is by major label distribution, he explicitly stated this, ending with '99% of the rest of what goes on at mainstream record labels is a bunch of bullshit'.

And where does this notion come from that you have to be unattached to something to be qualified to criticise it, I would've thought an underground band that then went mainstream would be best qualified for such critique, having seen both sides of the coin.

Really? I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Nirvana went out of their way to get a mainstream record label deal. Well out of their way, they courted that shit.

not having the know how to spin the media or create a cultivated image, but in the same sentence they talk about how smart this guy was.

So not being inclined towards spin-manipulation is equivalent to lacking intellect? Thats certainly a novel way of looking at it.

omg alan you depressive fuck this isnt a poetry appreciation group :o:o:o

If you're already a spoke on the wheel, you've got no business trying to bring the vehicle down.

omg alan you depressive fuck this isnt a poetry appreciation group :o:o:o

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about or even if you are talking to me, sorry :lol:

I'm not going to reply to everything like you do (commendable), but I will talk about the music industry comment. Yes, music has been around for a long time and yes, the music industry as we know it today was mainly established in the early 50s (well it predates the 50s but it was obviously no way near as big). What I'm talking about and what Gene's talking about is the modern industry. So... for any band to say they don't care for money is ridiculous, every band needs money, no money means no way to get out and play music. It's cool to say it, "I'm in this for the music and the scene... I don't care about money" but in reality everybody wants to get paid and one day retire. Courtney (who, granted isn't the most reliable of sources) quoted Kurt saying "$2million dollars and I'll retire and become a junkie".

Like someone posted a few pages back, if the tables were turned and it was Axl that had died in 94' people like you would have a whole different opinion. People would talk about how ludicrous GnR became with the videos and the giant band / entourage, but they would also say a lot of the same things that are said about Kurt today, great song-writer, great frontman, troubled etc. I'm not trying to diminish Kurt Cobains contribution to music, I think he wrote some great songs (I don't think he wrote great albums though), I enjoy his voice, I think he was an entertaining performer when he was coherent.

*The bully comment came in around the point where they talk about the mentally challenged girl.

If you're already a spoke on the wheel, you've got no business trying to bring the vehicle down.

I dunno, it seems like if you want to bring the vehicle down the best thing you could possibly be is one of the wheels, don't you think? Not that i think he was trying to bring anything down i just thought he thought it was crooked and corrupt, and considered himself a co-conspirator in that corruption.

and Cobain and Courtney use heroin while she was pregnant

It's even more classy

• Like 1