Kurt Cobain Mocks Missing GNR Tour

Oh gawd - the wankers have really come out in force on this topic.

In Kurt's defense, he never appeared on stage in his white underpants.

He came out in a wheelchair at Reading in 1992, how did disabled people take that?

He came out in a wheelchair at Reading in 1992, how did disabled people take that?

I would rather see that, then him in his kegs.

I would rather see that, then him in his kegs.

True...Axl ran about a lot then, probably suffered from sweaty nads...i.e. proper moist!

i still dont give two flying fucks about kurt and his depressive fanfucks, cant hear shit over the sound of me pissing on his overrated grave

The power of this comment is lessened considerably by the fact that you are four foot tall and most people would probably feel sorry for you if they were ever to see you behave aggressively :lol:

• Like 1

I don't want to see the guy's wedding tackle though!

I was strolling through the graveyard yesterday morning, I saw a guy crouched behind a gravestone...we made eye contact...I said "Mourning"...he said "No...just taking a shit!

• Like 2

We love it when Axl speaks out against other musicians.............but hate it when other musicians speak out against Axl.

I never liked Nirvana's music, but give respect to the fact it did change the landscape of music at the time. Blame the mental illness all you want, but I have no respect for somebody who doesn't give up the drugs and chooses suicide when they have a child at homey when they have all the money and resources in the world at their disposal.

Manic depressives are at a high risk of suicide. 20% of bi polar attempt suicide. So it was on the cards.

I was going to caveat my statement but didn't want to clog up too much space. But I suppose I have to now. Being rich doesn't prevent people from depression. But if you have a couple million dollars in the bank and you don't have to work for a living - then you have access to the best treatment possible. Instead of going that route, cobain got hopped up on drugs and shot himself. He could have gotten the best medical help possible for drug addiction and for his depression. The average guy doesn't have those options.

Robin Williams killed himself. But he at least tried for years, for decades, to overcome his afflictions. I don't know Cobains back story, but it doesn't seem like he was seeking out help. I think when you have a wife and baby that you need to at least make an attempt to get help. Go to rehab and kick the drugs. Get help for your depression.

There is a connection between Robin and Kurt - Bobcat Goldthwait, and he did say there were some similarities. Krist Novoselic was in the movie "World's Greatest Dad" which was based around Robin's character's son committing suicide. Robin had a lot of rage and he talked about it in interviews. I think what did Robin in was the thought of what would happen to him in declining health, and not being able to ride his bike anymore.

Keep in mind this was Kurt's favorite comedian back then, he'd toured with them and they were friends, and what he says goes along with some of the stuff Kurt said about Axl. Maybe if Axl never recorded "One In a Million" there might have been a GNR/Nirvana tour?

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/1qbv04/stand-up-bobcat-goldthwait--gay-bashing

And even though this has been posted a million times, NIrvana's rant about Axl (we know Duff and Krist became good friends but it lays out what they didn't like about Guns N' Roses).

• Like 1

And even though this has been posted a million times, NIrvana's rant about Axl (we know Duff and Krist became good friends but it lays out what they didn't like about Guns N' Roses).

Kinda cringe a little bit at them bashing the "establishment" I get that's their gimmick, but it's been done.

At the time I felt Nirvana could headline. So I guess I can see why they didn't.

I have the notion that had Kurt lived 10 years longer he would've matured and softened on Axl. He would've eventually become secure enough to appear live with GNR- he and Axl in matching white spandex. He would've demonstrated growth as an artist and as a person. Kurt and Axl would've joined forces in a joint fusion of mind and fanbase. The establishment would've quivered in fear. The social order would've been irrevocably changed. The world would've been a much different place.

Goddamn smack. It killed two of the greatest bands to ever live.

• Like 1

Sarcasm is good when you are alive and have balls to get a grip and keep moving forward with your life. Kurt tried to be funny and badass but deep inside he was sissy, lil' junkie scared of his own shadow. Macho-man-talking and Kurt Cobain simply do not fit together.

Sarcasm is good when you are alive and have balls to get a grip and keep moving forward with your life. Kurt tried to be funny and badass but deep inside he was sissy, lil' junkie scared of his own shadow. Macho-man-talking and Kurt Cobain simply do not fit together.

I sort of agree with this. I hope it's not disrespectful but in the end, who was the one that pulled the trigger?

Axl was an easy target for Kurt to mock. Axl was a hard rock superstar walking down the streets with 20 bodyguards and going from a place to another in a private jet. It wasn't about Guns music, it was about Axl behavior. He simply disliked Axl for being who he was. Can't blame Axl, he had the money and the power to do whatever he wanted. And yes, he was an asshole, but how did that affect Kurt Cobain in the slightest?

I sort of agree with this. I hope it's not disrespectful but in the end, who was the one that pulled the trigger?

Axl was an easy target for Kurt to mock. Axl was a hard rock superstar walking down the streets with 20 bodyguards and going from a place to another in a private jet. It wasn't about Guns music, it was about Axl behavior. He simply disliked Axl for being who he was. Can't blame Axl, he had the money and the power to do whatever he wanted. And yes, he was an asshole, but how did that affect Kurt Cobain in the slightest?

Axl is was and probably always will be an asshole. He has short fuse, he goes off a lot with no reason, we all know that. But he is who he is, if he don't want to do something he simply won't do it. Kurt said one thing, he was goofin' around with smiled face, doing his macho bullshit, but deep inside most probably he was sad, and for sure he had lotta problems. It's sorta like putting mask and took it off when the lights went down. If i were to choose, I would like to be surrounded with Axl-like assholes. I don't see any point in bashing someone for his lifestyle if it's not affecting my own. If he didn't like him, he could put it straight, rite after he at least tried to show more of his truly self to his fans, not fooling around when real problems were around the corner. Don't get me wrong. I like Nirvana's music. It was something fresh at the time, something raw, something real. Nevermind gave me same type of chills as Appetite. But it's not the case. Kurt should've started with sharing more of his truly self with his fans before he bashed others for they - not faked - behaviour. It was simply not cool even for a junkie :)

• Like 1

Kinda cringe a little bit at them bashing the "establishment" I get that's their gimmick, but it's been done.

Blackie, with such a finely tuned sense of the ridiculous, how do you not find 90% of metal laughable? I'm not trying to be rude either, serious question, I mean its very hammy and theatrical generally, don't you think? Or do you find the sort of Young Ones politics to be more cringeworthy than the idea of theatrics, which I suppose you can argue are a part of entertainment performances generally.

Kurt was asked about Axl and that was his take. But his delivery wasn't ill kick your ass bitch. He wasn't shouting. Actually Patton made similar comments about Aerosmith. In fact I saw him take do impressions of both Axl n Kurt live. So the alternative bands were taking shots at the dinosaurs in general.

Kurt was also aware he was reinacting the Devo v Cheap Trick feud he witnessed in school.

Axl and Kurt weren't that different from each other, but at least Kurt's upbringing has been out there in public, this is the first time we actually see footage of that time in his life and the family opening up about it. Frances being behind it (even though she didn't direct it) and Courtney being a participant and not a producer makes it a brutally honest story. Jack Osbourne's documentary was the same way - they got into stuff that wouldn't have been in a documentary by "outsiders".

When things got really big for them, they both handled it badly.

I disagree, Kurt handled the madness of his position in the culture with the only thing any right minded person would, with utter bewilderment and a healthy dose of contempt.

and a shotgun blast to the head.

dude was a messed up soul... its no shock how it all ended up for him.

Overall, I respect the way Axl took the high road in this feud. No matter what you may think of one or the other as artists, clealry Axl comes across as the classier person, the bigger man if you will, in the context of this conflict.

Overall, I respect the way Axl took the high road in this feud. No matter what you may think of one or the other as artists, clealry Axl comes across as the classier person, the bigger man if you will, in the context of this conflict.

Axl threatened Cobain in front of his wife and baby. Classy dude.

• Like 2

Axl threatened Cobain in front of his wife and baby. Classy dude.

But he also stated that he feared for the baby being brought up by addicts. And he only confronted them because Courtney called him out, effectively embarrassing him in front of everyone in the backstage area. It would have been the 'bigger man' move to keep his head held high, and walk on, but Kurt and Courtney had a severe hard on for Axl, they just didn't like him and wanted him to know it.

• Like 1

I don't think Courtney hated GNR even though she talks shit about everyone sooner or later, she would have been saying stuff about Cobain had he lived. Who knows if they've met since, she lived in LA for a while and moved to New York. She doesn't keep friends for long, or Twitter accounts.