Bumblefoot - Villain Or Hero?

I don't see what TB has to do with Axl/label not putting out albums.

If Axl said I'm ready to mix they'd work to make that happen. If he says get me a burrito they do it.

You can't brow beat a multi millionaire rock star into anything. What can they do?

if they can't control him they need to step down, a managers role is to do what they are told and do what's best for the band, sometimes that involves being frank with artist.
That's Gestapo label managers to whip the newly signed bands into shape. once a guy like Axl gets enough money I don't know if that's going to work. Especially if they are trying to force something he don't even want to do. Merck, Dougie, McGhee had no more success than TB in turning GNR into a normal band. So I don't know, it's sound like a good idea though.

If Axl said I'm ready to mix they'd work to make that happen. If he says get me a burrito they do it.

You can't brow beat a multi millionaire rock star into anything. What can they do?

if they can't control him they need to step down, a managers role is to do what they are told and do what's best for the band, sometimes that involves being frank with artist.
That's Gestapo label managers to whip the newly signed bands into shape. once a guy like Axl gets enough money I don't know if that's going to work. Especially if they are trying to force something he don't even want to do. Merck, Dougie, McGhee had no more success than TB in turning GNR into a normal band. So I don't know, it's sound like a good idea though.

True, when the guy becomes rich it's harder to motivate, but credibility and respect among fans and peers should be a big motivator, knowing that people now talk about him only when they're making jokes at his expense. Make a new killer or pretty good record, do a new tour with no drama, late starts etc. and look the part of a rock star (lose the gut and extra chins) and it all changes, apart for the reunion talk. If his management team were aware of how much he'd slipped in the publics estimations they'd tell him to get his shit together (in a nice way), and do all of the above..

Problem is, they are afraid of him, and it's understandable! If he gets pissed off with them and separates from them, the whole family could be out of work. Other managers in the past have done and said unpopular things for the good of the band (and sometimes themselves) and have either improved things or got fired in doing so... that's the job though.

Edited by Tom2112

True, when the guy becomes rich it's harder to motivate, but credibility and respect among fans and peers should be a big motivator, knowing that people now talk about him only when they're making jokes at his expense. Make a new killer or pretty good record, do a new tour with no drama, late starts etc. and look the part of a rock star (lose the gut and extra chins) and it all changes, apart for the reunion talk. If his management team were aware of how much he'd slipped in the publics estimations they'd tell him to get his shit together (in a nice way), and do all of the above..

Problem is, they are afraid of him, and it's understandable! If he gets pissed off with them and separates from them, the whole family could be out of work. Other managers in the past have done and said unpopular things for the good of the band (and sometimes themselves) and have either improved things or got fired in doing so... that's the job though.

I just don't see what they can do different. I guess Axl getting a personal trainer. He looks alright to me for 50. But to keep touring until he's 60 maybe he has to go Jagger. I'm not one to suggest any one gets in shape though.

Axl seems ready to put a record out. So call UMG?

TB probably have less lateness and riots on their card.

Well Axl isn't interested in the upcoming Guns record.

Fixed..

What was he doing recording vocals then recently? He'd rather record vocals in a studio because he doesn't like singing in shower?

Well Axl isn't interested in the upcoming Guns record.

Fixed..

What was he doing recording vocals then recently? He'd rather record vocals in a studio because he doesn't like singing in shower?

Your source is Richard Fortus? Please tell me your source isn't Richard Fortus.

Well Axl isn't interested in using my riffs & ideas for the upcoming Guns record, so I'm going to quit and use the same riffs & ideas for my solo record.

Wah Wah Wah.

What wrong did he do? Ron is a creative person, he wants his music to be out there and not just be on his computer, really how can you be so blind with Axl's love, tomorrow if Axl says he shits gold then even you will say yeah he shits gold

• Like 2

Well Axl isn't interested in using my riffs & ideas for the upcoming Guns record, so I'm going to quit and use the same riffs & ideas for my solo record.

Wah Wah Wah.

What wrong did he do? Ron is a creative person, he wants his music to be out there and not just be on his computer, really how can you be so blind with Axl's love, tomorrow if Axl says he shits gold then even you will say yeah he shits gold

Not at all. Ron's got extra exposure due to his time in Guns, he deserves it. That's how solo guitarists work, they play with a band for a few years, quit, oh hey..more people know me now, more people will buy my records...now if only I had that writing credit on the next Guns record, that would be a nice yearly royalty too.

Wah Wah Wah.

I like you WK, but sometimes it just gets a little embarrassing bro. You try way too hard to turn everything into a pro-Axl situation.

There is literally nothing wrong with your opening statement. It's pretty much what EVERY guitar player in his situation would do. The description you posted is completely accurate and has ZERO negativity to it. It's pretty much what everybody would do in his shoes.

But then you throw in the "wah wah wah" like he is crying. MAKES NO F*CKING SENSE AT ALL.

He creates a song, his employer doesn't want to use it........so now he shouldn't use it himself? That's just one of the most idiotic suggestions and Axl Defense statements that I've ever seen on this board. From all reports, Nov Rain, You Could Be Mine and Don't Cry were written during the Appetite days. So if GnR had exploded and broke up before the Illusions, using YOUR LOGIC, then Axl would be a cry baby if he used those three songs for his next band?

Even for you, to turn this into a negative is just mind blowing. absolutely Mind blowing.

Exactly Tom.

They are ineffective as managers because they are 100% relying on Axl for their income. Axl is their sole cash cow for the entire family. There is no way that Beta is sitting down with Axl and arguing or disagreeing with him about specific songs. There is no way The Beta or The Fernando is disagreeing or arguing with Axl about his plans for the next album and when to release it.

A real manager would do those things. They would push the artist to be the best he could be. They would tell Axl that Scraped sucked and that he should release an album more than once every 20 years.

A real management team wouldn't be dependent on Axl for all their money, their home, etc.

Just came across this, seems to be the last time from my recollection that Bumble said 'We' in connection to GnR. before anyone get's their hopes up it's from August '14. On the prospect of a new GnR album, Bumblefoot says the individual band members are so busy with their own work, it may be a while before any new material sees the light of day.

He says: "We are all on break and everyone is off touring. Richard Fortus and Dizzy Reed are off touring with The Dead Daisies. DJ Ashba is readying to release his next album. Tommy Stinson is playing with The Replacements and I am finishing up my new solo album. Axl is just kicking back and enjoying life. Well, I hope so anyway."

Not sure what happened in the meantime but he certainly changed his tune. Again, Bumble being the most honest guy in the band, giving a real update, stating that nothing much is gonna happen, so don't be pissed off when a new album doesn't appear in 2015... and for that matter don't be too surprised if there's no album in 2016 either.

Sometimes, I truly wonder why I continue following this band, as a fan it's truly soul destroying to see such talent thrown down the toilet.

Edited by Tom2112

Just came across this, seems to be the last time from my recollection that Bumble said 'We' in connection to GnR. before anyone get's their hopes up it's from August '14. On the prospect of a new GnR album, Bumblefoot says the individual band members are so busy with their own work, it may be a while before any new material sees the light of day.

He says: "We are all on break and everyone is off touring. Richard Fortus and Dizzy Reed are off touring with The Dead Daisies. DJ Ashba is readying to release his next album. Tommy Stinson is playing with The Replacements and I am finishing up my new solo album. Axl is just kicking back and enjoying life. Well, I hope so anyway."

Not sure what happened in the meantime but he certainly changed his tune. Again, Bumble being the most honest guy in the band, giving a real update, stating that nothing much is gonna happen, so don't be pissed off when a new album doesn't appear in 2015... and for that matter don't be too surprised if there's no album in 2016 either.

Sometimes, I truly wonder why I continue following this band, as a fan it's truly soul destroying to see such talent thrown down the toilet.

Just accept the fact that Axl doesn't care about sharing music with his millions of fans. For whatever reason that is - it is unfortunately the reality that us Axl Die-Hard fans have to accept and live with.

I don't care about the classic line-up or a reunion, as Axl was always my favorite member of the band. But what I DO miss about the old guys is that they inspired Axl to share his work with his millions of fans.

I'm sad and disappointed, as a fan, that Axl turned into an artist who just wants to live off the past. The only part that is really irritating and frustrating is that for years he talked about sharing more music. Round two, we didn't make it to sit on it, two full albums complete, fought so hard for the name GnR because it meant something to him and he wanted to carry it on and reach greater heights, etc.

Now here it is, 2015, and we've gotten one album from GnR and The Lebias family is in charge of the band. :facepalm:

Axl.........what happened, man!!!

You were once the most exciting and thrilling and dangerous singer in all of the world. You've had a couple different band line-ups that were extremely exciting. You've got millions of fans jonesing to pay money for your music. So much talent has been wasted. It's like if Michael Jordan had retired after his first NBA championship.

I hope Axl gets that fire back in his belly before it's too late for him to do anything about it.

Axl and The Beta and Fernando...........fans don't care about who is in the band, they don't care about feuds, they don't care about labels and management. There are millions of FANS who just want to hear Axl Rose sing. And are willing to pay for it. So while you are relaxing in that huge mansion tonight, remember it's the fans who build it for you to enjoy. And think about giving something back to them. A big "thank you" to those who have supported Axl for years and some for decades. It's real simple. Axl is a rock singer, the best of our generation. Millions of Fans love his music. 1 plus 1 equals 2.

Well I guess it because Ron quit GNR because they didn't use his songs. Then the lyrics...in not sure if I'm just reading too much into them or I'm not.

But it's understandable. Also not knowing anything will happen meant he probably couldn't take the anxiety. Hearing Axl saying the record is done and he's not going to feature much other than solos.

Neither. Just another hired-hand in Axls nu-GnR venture, left a distinctively lesser mark on history, because he only made a few segments to CD. Met him, nice guy. Great guitarist of course, but in the context of GnR - nothing GnR changing.

Teroz, what segments does bbf do on Chinese? cuz bbf does no solos on Chinese. the solos on Chinese album done bye robin and bucket

Take a look inside the booklet. Ron did the CitR solo along with a lot of other guitar parts on the album.

But then you throw in the "wah wah wah" like he is crying. MAKES NO F*CKING SENSE AT ALL.

It's so absurd that it's funny :lol:

Yet, only you and WK are laughing.

Why so serious, man? :lol:

The reunion it's almost here ... we all should be happy and in good mood ... to be honest I even feel less bloated :lol:

Teroz, what segments does bbf do on Chinese? cuz bbf does no solos on Chinese. the solos on Chinese album done bye robin and bucket

Take a look inside the booklet. Ron did the CitR solo along with a lot of other guitar parts on the album.

So basically Ron did more stuff on CD than Fortus? as far as a I know Fortus only composed a certain part of the song Better, he said all the other things were already composed by Fink and bucket